Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Dynastocles posted:

Do you know what this is from? It is really familiar from somewhere in my childhood but I can't place where...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

a bunch of ants posted:

Michael P. Murphy

Click here for the full 767x600 image.

Quick derail question: What are those things on the end of their rifles, silencers or something? Why does the guy 3rd from the left have a bigger one?

I know nothing about guns.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

w00tmonger posted:

Well, yeah sadly I did.

In my defense though, I was young and didn't know any better...

CONTENT!

drat they must have done a lot of takes.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Heintron posted:

Bad rear end robots? Some Chinese guy made this:

:hellyeah:

Those treads look bad rear end but they would get worn down to blunt little nubs in no time flat.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

MikeJF posted:

Pros: Posing for things with things in your hands.

Holy crap, even if that guy lost all his muscle mass he would still be loving huge.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

ibroxmassive posted:

This is (I think) part of this video Danny Macaskill - Inspired Bicycles

He backflips off a tree. From the ground. I still can't quite figure out if it's genius or lunacy.

I know this is from a few pages ago but holy poo poo. I know nothing about biking but this has to be like, the pinnacle of whatever the hell style of biking you call that? I can't imagine anyone doing tricks more impressive than that guy.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Thaddeus Tadcaster posted:

Those photos are confirmation: Putin=Bond villain. Even Khirurg (the Surgeon) shows mad respect.

Caption: In this Monday, August 29, 2011 photo, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin talks to leader of Nochniye Volki (the Night Wolves) biker group, Alexander Zaldostanov -- also known as Khirurg (the Surgeon) -- at a bikers' festival in the Black Sea port of Novorossiysk, Russia

I like his mobile phone holster.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

OK Octopus posted:

Grimlock is a playable character in the new Transformers game. His only non-melee attack is throwing robots at other robots. Also, he can't transform on command. He'll maul people until a rage meter hits full at which point HE WILL UNCONTROLLABLY TURN INTO A FIRE-BREATHING ROBOT TYRANNOSAURUS.

Badass.

ME GRIMLOCK, ME KING!

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Command Ant posted:

Praying mantises are bad-rear end.

I did a double take on this one.

"Woah"

I said it quietly as I thought it was just a big moth before I realised what it was but still thought it looked cool. My brain then finished processing exactly what was in the picture.

"WOAH"

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

MeinGott posted:

This one looks like it should be a magic card.

Phyrexian Harpy or something. 6/6 flyer trample, artifact creature for 6 black mana. Sacrifice 2 creatures when it comes into play.

Actually, they all look like they belong on magic cards.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Edminster posted:

http://facts.cattes.us/

Your one-stop shop for sms cat facts.

Does this cost money, apart from the first sms you send?

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Koivunen posted:

If that sparks your interest

Bravo :golfclap:

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Oh wow that is cool. Is it real?

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

MindlessHavok posted:

I tried learning how to do this once and ended up almost breaking my hand. I can't figure out how he does it.

It looks quite simple to me.

Of course, simple does not mean easy.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Lonely Swedish posted:

MIT has invented a camera capable of recording a trillion frames per second. This is an image from a video created of a pulse of light scattering through a coke bottle. Technically the video in the link (the light pulse sequence happens at about 1:47) was created by combining many repetitions because the camera only sees one spatial dimension, but the end result is pretty freaking :science:

The same technique can also be used to see around corners. gently caress I love living in the future.

I watched the TED lecture on this the other night when I took mushrooms and holy poo poo my brain almost leaked out my ears.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

edit: thisiswhyyouaresittinginyourbedroomlookingatpicturesofcatsonacomputerandnotworkinginacoalmine.jpg

I'm a coal miner and I look at pictures of cats on the computer every day v:cool:v

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

DixielandDelight posted:

I keep reading this but it's not making much sense to me.

Information on this engine? I'm guessing it's like an F1 car engine? What with all the fancy carbon fibre, turbo (and supercharger?) and dry sump? What are those cylinders on the sides?

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Brother Jonathan posted:

There's a sewer fire in Omaha, Nebraska, and tower of flame are shooting out of the manhole covers:

(click for big)

Wow that is wild.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Solice Kirsk posted:

There is actually no difference between male and female ships at that age.

This is the correct answer.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I read nm as nanometres and was immensely confused for a couple of seconds. :v:

Them so drat good pilots.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

CommanderApaul posted:

http://www.bulgarov.com/index.html

This was a 3D rendering project to do 10 renders in 10 days. Pretty cool stuff, but still fake.

Holy poo poo I can't believe he did 10 in 10 days, that is insane. Like, I can't fathom how you could make that much detail in each of those models in a day each :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Eh, he's only doing flame welding not electric arc so it's not so bad.

• Locked thread