Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepedestrian
Dec 13, 2004
hey lady, you call him dr. jones!
So I recently signed up for Mint, and I was perusing and found an offer for an HSBC checking account that seems to beat my current Wells Fargo account. It pays some interest which I do not get currently, and they give you 3 free withdraws at non-HSBC ATMs a month (WF does not do that at all) and that would save me the $10-15 I pay every year in 3rd party ATM fees from WF. It's a $1 minimum with no monthly fee.

My only concern is I have both my checking account and credit card with Wells Fargo and the credit card provides overdraft protection which I haven't needed in a few years but have before in the past.

I'm unsure about this because it's an obvious sponsored ad on Mint and feels kind of gimmicky, but as far as I can tell it would save me money each year. Anyone have any thoughts on HSBC checking or signing up for sponsored accounts on sites like Mint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU