Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

jokes posted:

This is really the funniest (saddest) thing about nutritional knowledge in the world lol

It's similar to what Joe Rogan is constantly harping on about elk meat on his podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone who knows lifters knows they only eat chicken. Beef is way too expensive to afford for most.

Also I'm young enough that it would be almost impossible for me to not make it out of a crash having done well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Eh, when you're paying $500+ a month for your crossfit box membership, what's a couple extra bucks for red meat over chicken!

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Gaius Marius posted:

Anyone who knows lifters knows they only eat chicken. Beef is way too expensive to afford for most.

Also I'm young enough that it would be almost impossible for me to not make it out of a crash having done well.

I decided to go to grad school when 2008 happened, just graduated and the entire economy exploded, twas a good choice

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Fitness people think you need to eat beef at every meal or your reps don't give muscles

And big muscles are key to health so beef is healthy

The lack of love for fish in this thread makes me sad.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Decent whey has become so cheap that it is the one true answer.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

Sand Monster posted:

Why do you need a pressure cooker? What kind of meals are you making that only work with one?

Well you don't *need* a pressure cooker - but buying dry beans is way more cost efficient than buying cans of beans. Also, canned beans are usually loaded with sodium. That's the thing about going vegetarian/vegan - people they think that they can replace meat with frozen/canned foods. But those frozen/canned foods are usually loaded with insane amounts of sodium so you might end up in worse shape than before if you lazily think that eating processed veggie/tofu nuggets instead of chicken breast is healthier.

I pressure cook the beans in the instant pot and then saute garlic onion in a pan and mix in the beans with spices. Pairs well with vegetables, rice/potatoes/tortillas etc. The indian cooking thread in GWS has some awesome vegetarian recipes that are relatively easy to make. The potato thread is great as well.

Sand Monster posted:

It's similar to what Joe Rogan is constantly harping on about elk meat on his podcast.

Eating meat is extremely tied into some guy's gender identity and sense of masculinity. My wife brought portobello mushroom's to my cousin's house once to grill and it broke his brain - he spent the entire time whining about it and ensuring that everyone knew that he only eats meat and that the portobello mushrooms were ours.

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

The lack of love for fish in this thread makes me sad.

You're right, fish is actually the best tasting meat. It takes the most skill to cook and tastes best when its fresh though - which is why most people usually only eat it at restaurants. But I have a special place in my heart for jerk chicken and fried chicken.

grenada fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 11, 2021

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

laxbro posted:

Eating meat is extremely tied into some guy's gender identity and sense of masculinity. My wife brought portobello mushroom's to my cousin's house once to grill and it broke his brain - he spent the entire time whining about it and ensuring that everyone knew that he only eats meat and that the portobello mushrooms were ours.

The whole "the type of food I consume is how I define my identity" thing is possibly the most American thing ever.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

The whole "the type of food I consume is how I define my identity" thing is possibly the most American thing ever.

:france:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The whole "the type of foodtype and size of vehicle I consumedrive is how I define my identity" thing is possibly the most American thing ever.

I mean, there’s so many other things you could put in there too. I suppose other countries are like that to some extent, but I’m surrounded by it here :911:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

All meat looks and tastes better raw

Cooked meat :barf:

Raw meat :discourse:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is the natural progression we're on, since just 15 years ago medium rare through medium well were the acceptable levels, while now it's blue through medium rare that are considered appropriate

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Untagged posted:

It wouldn't really surprise if their lobby might of had something to do with Virginia's original legalization... in three years... thing.

The general assembly just went with the governor's recommendation of advancing it to this July :toot:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Steak wraps well done w ketchup

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Woodchip posted:

mr president, it's an honor

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Woodchip posted:

Vince, are you sure an incest angle with your own daughter is a good idea? On national television?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

surf rock posted:

Vince, are you sure an incest angle with your own daughter is a good idea? On national television?

That’s good poo poo, pal.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

I mean, there’s so many other things you could put in there too. I suppose other countries are like that to some extent, but I’m surrounded by it here :911:

I'm sure that people in other countries are like that. No doubt. But the prevalence of it in the US is what makes it so unique. It's just so freaking common here.

Maybe it's because hunting is a bit of a hobby of mine and I've actually seen what killing an animal is like. But the weirdos who just won't shut up about their manly love of meat are a particular kind of noxious to me. Far worse than the truck weirdos, but probably not as bad as the gun weirdos.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
I'm thinking of getting rid of my Wealthfront after about 4 years of medicore returns and just putting it all into VOO or something. Is this completely dumb? I'm just looking to do something simple with it (not actively manage individual stocks) since I already max out my 401k, IRA, large safety net, and also have a 3-fund lazy portfolio (which I suppose I could also put all the Wealthfront assets into). I'll probably use a decent chunk of it in the next couple years for a car and wedding. Any recommendations would be awesome, thanks!

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 11, 2021

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Gaius Marius posted:

If you're under 60 and invested at the peak before a crash in a world market fund, you're probably young enough to recover from it. Now if you plan to buy individual stocks, that's something else and you may not recover in time depending on the industry.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When I was first getting in insane shape for the fire academy I was just doing the bullshit cheapest protein shakes and at the time ground turkey and chicken thighs were so cheap I could hit like 300g of protein for a few bucks then run stairs with a weight vest and loaded backpack and poo poo.

Ground turkey is now absurdly expensive for some reason, like $6.99 a pound.

Whey and chicken thighs for life. And Tony Chachere's.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I drank oat milk and ate an impossible burger, so now I am physically incapable of building muscle or losing fat.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Boy I cannot wait until the markets open up so we have something else to talk about.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
there's always futures

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Grem posted:

Boy I cannot wait until the markets open up so we have something else to talk about.

Seriously, the lack of 24 hour grocery stores has been the most annoying part of covid for us night owls.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The stock trading thread should be closed on the weekends

Y'all doing some irredeemably bad posting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Who wants to talk about the star wars sequels or the Israel/Palestine conflict?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite Star Wars character is Yoda

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Who wants to talk about the star wars sequels or the Israel/Palestine conflict?

Har-de-har, off topic stock chat is terrible yeah yeah, but I don't think it's appropriate to make light of the oppressive cruelty which has robbed so many people of things that should be basic human rights. But Israel/Palestine is ok.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Ubiquitus posted:

I hope anyone reading these posts doesn’t listen to goons for medical advice, you’ll probably end up dead sooner listening to this guy.

If medical school has taught me anything, it is that being wanting to be dead might just be my cultural concept of health, and that you should respect that.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/11/business/cruise-lines-rebound-outlook/index.html

oh yeah baby 🤑

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

the Israel/Palestine conflict

Funny story about The Last of Us 2...

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ola posted:

Har-de-har, off topic stock chat is terrible yeah yeah, but I don't think it's appropriate to make light of the oppressive cruelty which has robbed so many people of things that should be basic human rights. But Israel/Palestine is ok.

:golfclap:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
This week sucks so far.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just sold my $66 RBLX at $74

Stonks

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Rip me today.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
TLSA just went nuts for some reason

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Back on the NDRA dip. This is a fun ride.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Come on $2.20 NDRA

Daddy needs a fresh hoard of dragon gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
What are some alternatives to ndra that have the same sort of volatility and price range?