Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

bought 5 $NKLA 10/15 10p @ 2.05

lockup ends after this weekend for a # of shares about equal to their float
and they report "after close" next friday. I mean who picks after close? terrible companies

this company is bad and they got a nonsensical bump. founder has cashed out, he knows what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
That was quite a head fake.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Indeed, I am laughing heartily :laffo:

It's like climbing Mt Everest. Touch the top then get the hell off the mountain before your brain dies

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well it gapped up big and I finally got out of $FLWS after bag holding this trash for what seemed like ages. Never again will I buy a stock that has a phone number in the name :haw:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

🤨

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

joe couldn't keep it up

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

joe couldn't keep it up

Low energy stonks, SAD!

My ancient NOK calls are the only real thing keeping me afloat today ☹️

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Oh what the gently caress

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Uncle Joe pushed the "Swearengen's Gains Emergency Flush" button

Thanks, Biden.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lots of angry red numbers this morning :argh:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

more $DASH thoughts. grubhub reports tonight, there will be some correlated movement off of that tomorrow

grub's report probably sucks and it goes red, but we'll know in less than 24h

DASH reports 5/13 in the face of news like this from uber:
https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/technology/uber-eats-will-let-people-pick-food-mid-uber-ride-among-other-new-features

blood for the blood gods

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1387799141649162243

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

drat I'm getting MRKed.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I still do not know how these companies lose money

I know that they lose money, LOTS of it, and I know where it goes. But I do not understand how their business models exist and got funded. It seems so goddamn simple to charge $5 for a delivery fee, $4+tip goes to the driver, $1 goes to the company, and you don't pay your CEO billions of dollars.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

jokes posted:

and you don't pay your CEO billions of dollars.
The CEOs find this too much of an ask

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DoubleT2172 posted:

The CEOs find this too much of an ask

How else will someone be incentivized to make an app that does what small pizza places have done profitably for 50 years?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the line keep go wrong direction ..... >_>

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Bought 420 spy calls may 19 exp at 3.71.

Goal is to hold for a short amount of time.probably will close before itm.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

once again my watch's daily stress graph matches the daily VIX graph

and not a single one of my falling knife buy orders hit :rolleyes:

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Kinda remarkable to me that when I look at Reddit's front page there's still nonsense threads about GME.

Is it a good idea to buy 100 shares of GME and endlessly write out of the money covered calls to true believers?

(Has anyone here been doing this the whole time?)

Worst thing about this idea is that it requires investing several thousand dollars in GME.

The amount of die hard "hodlers" ought to keep the price reasonably lofty though, hopefully long enough for the covered calls to keep lowering your cost basis.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I made enough money on gme to buy the new Xbox and figured that was a good exit point

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Big Jesus posted:

I made enough money on gme to buy the new Xbox and figured that was a good exit point

just don't buy it from GameStop, the irony is funnier that way

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Series S or Series X though?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't worry, Gamestop has been unable to sell just about anyone a new xbox since last year.

(eugh not a fan of the SA Dark Mode... can't put my finger on why but that's not happening)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dark mode is great, I think. Maybe you need to acclimate for a bit. Find the true value.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I run dark mode in my IDEs but the SA dark mode hurts my eyes for some reason.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dark mode owns but i cant use it at work since this monitor is too reflective. its hosed up. glossy monitor for the lose. have to toggle it between work and home. terrible

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Go home SPY you're drunk

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cr0y posted:

Go home SPY you're drunk

seems to me it's actually on weed

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

seems to me it's actually on weed

Nearly stuck the landing of ATH being 420.69

Closing price: $420.00

cr0y fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 29, 2021

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Feel good today: Yesterday I took some profits, reinvested them into today's dip, cut my losses on a bad weed stock and put the money into a good weed stock that is now rebounding. Red days are a lot less stressful your portfolio consists of things you believe in, instead of memes that can drop 50% on a cold breeze (looking at you, CTRM). I learn good!

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Bought hella spy calls as soon as it went red today. Will sell if green open tomorrow 🤞🤞

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I just check RIOT. Price down and Bitcoin price down I buy. Coiners hate this strategy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
loading up on a lot of AMC 1de calls in preparation for the rebound tomorrow.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

also on board the "SPY calls are a cheat code for free money" train, 420C for May 21

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

lol NKLA changed their report time to BMO Friday (may 7) instead of AMC

I guess they got enough grief about reporting after close on a Friday

that stonk is gonna go down

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i was prepping for a job interview all day and didn't want to get distracted by getting on the SPY call train. stupid me.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

i was prepping for a job interview all day and didn't want to get distracted by getting on the SPY call train. stupid me.

I put in a trailstop after-hours hoping for a gap-up, and it got triggered after-hours. I’m dumb.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am really falling behind. Everyone here and everywhere is running options to make money and I am stuck on only buying stocks because I am dumb, why not sell Covered Calls I ask? And to that one guy who has me blocked, without a response from me you really fail to exist, I own stock in your mind margin free!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

options are really dumb. i bought some puts on INDA (an indian stock etf) on the assumption that the state collapsing would affect the stock market but i forgot the iron rule that stocks only go up so i'm bigly down on these even though the real situation only gets more and more apocalyptic by the day.

don't do options

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

I am really falling behind. Everyone here and everywhere is running options to make money and I am stuck on only buying stocks because I am dumb, why not sell Covered Calls I ask? And to that one guy who has me blocked, without a response from me you really fail to exist, I own stock in your mind margin free!

I don't do calls and neither do most of the people in this thread. You're just seeing the more frequent posts by the ~10 or so people who do.

You are comparing yourself, a neophyte with a couple of months experience, to people who have been trading for several years. This is not a rational approach. By all means pay attention and learn what you can, but you aren't going to succeed if you try to keep up with the Joneses.