Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

multistability posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1374314928467771393?s=19

So does this mean GME is going to moon or crash and burn? And isn't their earnings report today also? I exited out of my position as soon as the market opened yesterday and hope I really haven't hosed up. Lol

Earnings is after market close today. I'll have to look into it but if that guy was in GME pre Cohen joining the board i'd say it's super bullish since Cohen seems to be the key to turning around GME and he's pushing out the old people who were not helping the company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
God loving drat it

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

multistability posted:

God loving drat it

Did you sell for a loss? If not don't sweat it. It is just as likely to tank after earnings if Cohen doesn't have bombshell announcements

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Those drug tests are shockingly easy to pull. I can’t imagine failing a drug test and then lying about it to the White House.

That is to say, I can imagine people doing that a lot because they’re dumb as poo poo and think they’ll get away with it, but more often than not background checks are a question of disclosure rather than of sobriety. On the bar exam, they’ll ask if you committed crimes not because they’ll deny your application based on being a felon but because they’ll deny your application based on lying. And holy poo poo do people want to lie, even when it ruins their career.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Imagine thinking the price of GME right now is tied to things like "who is running the company".

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Their best customer just left!

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
No, at a modest profit even, just felt like it wasn't going anywhere and all the WSB stuff just felt like they were desperately trying to create a bunch of bagholders again (the short squeeze will happen this Friday, oh poo poo I meant next next Friday, oh sorry I meant the Friday after that!) and I was one of the original bagholders and didn't want that to happen again. Also I needed the money to free up some funds. Will still be heartbroken if does end up mooning though

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

multistability posted:

So does this mean GME is going to moon or crash and burn?

Yes

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Trying to think of some sort of Elon Musk / SpaceX joke here (in the stonks thread) but I'm too dumb to figure out what's happening any more. I loving love and hate meme stonks but I want them to die

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm wondering why Nokia is tanking so hard but I feel like the reason is going to end up being stupid.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Just when we thought Cathy was in trouble, Mecha-Cathy rises.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm wondering why Nokia is tanking so hard but I feel like the reason is going to end up being stupid.

Tanking hard? It's down 0.12%.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

Ola posted:

Just when we thought Cathy was in trouble, Mecha-Cathy rises.

Idk I still think she’s in trouble

https://twitter.com/jtseo9/status/1374337367767711744?s=21

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

John F Bennett posted:

Look, I’m really leveraged.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lmao what is $FREQ

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Divot posted:

Idk I still think she’s in trouble

Haha, wow. Yeah it was just a very short sighted remark on Nasdaq ripping after the opening dip. TSLA just on the green side of flat, but ARKK -1.2% and ARKQ -1.5%

Mecha-Streisand was defeated after all, I think this will definitely happen to Cathy too. It's a long and twisty plot though.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

melon cat posted:

Early research has shown that cannabis cannibalizes* alcohol sales.
*alliteration!!

Totally read it as "cannabliss"

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

jokes posted:

Those drug tests are shockingly easy to pull. I can’t imagine failing a drug test and then lying about it to the White House.

That is to say, I can imagine people doing that a lot because they’re dumb as poo poo and think they’ll get away with it, but more often than not background checks are a question of disclosure rather than of sobriety. On the bar exam, they’ll ask if you committed crimes not because they’ll deny your application based on being a felon but because they’ll deny your application based on lying. And holy poo poo do people want to lie, even when it ruins their career.

I’m not sure what people expect them to do. If they say “yes” they have a failed drug test, they assume they get rejected, so the only play is to say “no” and cross their fingers.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lie well and often. It will get you jobs, reduced income taxes, a COVID vaccine, etc

"Winners use lies" is a good motto, for example

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Today is the day NDRA goons make it big.

Are you trying to be annoying, or do you actually have information?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Well, I'm glad i learned about stock options this weekend.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
All my stocks are dying, and because I messed up and bought the wrong thing and immediately sold it, all my funds are tied up for (1? 2?) more days, so I can't even throw away what little gambling money I have left at all these cratering stocks.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

dipwood posted:

All my stocks are dying, and because I messed up and bought the wrong thing and immediately sold it, all my funds are tied up for (1? 2?) more days, so I can't even throw away what little gambling money I have left at all these cratering stocks.

same

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sounds like you've strayed from your 95% responsible / 5% gambling asset allocation and it's time to rebalance

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sounds like you've strayed from your 95% responsible / 5% gambling asset allocation and it's time to rebalance

Right, when you run out of gambling funds it's 100/0 so it's time to sell 5% of your Vanguard ETFs.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

ngl gambling is fun but I get way more enjoyment from depositing money into my Vanguard ETF every 2 months.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Two of my buy orders filled. The market is dying isn't it.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Can we start requiring people who post xxxxx stock is crashing/ tanking/ whatever, post number of why they are saying that? The last couple of weeks we have folks coming in and saying that then when we go look at the stock it's a movement of 1-2%.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

John F Bennett posted:

I bought in at meme rates, I think :saddowns:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I bought back into NDRA at $2.54 so be prepared for it to tank to $2 now

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

SlothBear posted:

Two of my buy orders filled. The market is dying isn't it.

Little pockets of it are but the VIX is pretty flat as is the SPY and the DJI so I really dunno what the gently caress.

I'm mostly cash right now and I really jump back in but I have no idea where

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

RCarr posted:

I bought back into NDRA at $2.54 so be prepared for it to tank to $2 now

I just sold mine. I was up 20% but over the past few days I'm down to 11%. I'll take the small gain. :saddowns:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I bought in at meme rates, I think :saddowns:

When it started to meme I had NOK's fair value at 4-5 with 6 being the hype line (where it's going to shoot up then crater if it passes). Looks to be around fair value now. I'm not sure anything sends them back north of $5 this year but GME has re-memed multiple times maybe NOK will too.

If I had an open position on NOK I'd personally close it, it's not really memeing and the original this is going to moon theory was around 5G, the window on that is closed.

I'd love to hear another bull case for NOK though, I don't hate them they make really durable phones, but that's a small market.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

in for another 50 NDRA shares, I know it's peanuts but with the earnings call in two days I figured it's worth a punt

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Looks like I finally got my disney share at 189, as well as two other shares earlier today.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO I'm ruined

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

As I sit around and slowly bleed to death, what is everyone's opinion on Motley Fool? I've been flying by the seat of my pants up until now and did fine by nothing but random luck but I clearly need to do some more homework on stock picks.

Are *any* premium research services worth it?

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

AceClown posted:

in for another 50 NDRA shares, I know it's peanuts but with the earnings call in two days I figured it's worth a punt

I'm half hoping for it to tank after the earnings call. I don't expect they've had much in the way of earnings and I'd like to pick up a few hundred more and cost avg below 2 before fda announcement. There may be some good news based on recent conferences and overseas sales, though -- in which case, 3.00 may become the new baseline on the run up to fda decision.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I accidentally pivoted most of my gambling portfolio into weed so today’s been fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Michael “I own 500 pounds of silver bullion” Corleone must be crying and trying to crush himself under it this week :allears: