Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
This whole day is fake, I was up 100% on my contracts premarket, and I am lucky I exited at 35% up lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Woah, cool, woke up to RIOT down to 25 bidens, I bought in JUST under 40 :( It is coming back up. Also, eating dirt on ZOM bought in at 1.09, .825 now. Just posting my losses. And advice if you have any on what I should do, basically down 25% overall. Those are my only holdings, 15 and 530. TIA!

I know you’re trying to meme and be funny, but can we not throw “it’s Biden’s fault I picked lovely meme stocks and I’m losing all my money like everyone said I would” into the thread?

You should decide if your original investment thesis still holds for those stocks. Do you think they’ll still hit your sell targets you decided on when you bought? If so, hold them.

If you are no longer confident in your original strategy you should sell them and eat the loss.

If you bought them because “lol WSB” then you should probably not be trading.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I know you’re trying to meme and be funny, but can we not throw “it’s Biden’s fault I picked lovely meme stocks and I’m losing all my money like everyone said I would” into the thread?

You should decide if your original investment thesis still holds for those stocks. Do you think they’ll still hit your sell targets you decided on when you bought? If so, hold them.

If you are no longer confident in your original strategy you should sell them and eat the loss.

If you bought them because “lol WSB” then you should probably not be trading.

It wasn't a diss on Joey at all! Like Trumpbuxs, BidenBux, the currency, lame meme. Anyway, I think that ZOM can come back. RIOT is the crypto company, I like to buy it when BitCoin is down, now I am bag holding. BUT, if it can hold 29 I feel pretty good, keeps testing 30. It is not a sprint but a marathon. I BELIEVE they will come back in the mid to long term so I am holding. I don't read WSB.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Bought SPY June 420 calls at 4.94 earlier this morning

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
It is all mental, to eat an actual big loss, not from profit but principal. Brain over heart Michael!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Oscar Wild posted:

i do not have an :ohdear: big enough for this post.

they will return, likely.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Since everything sucks do we have even a rough idea of when $GOONSTONK might hear from the FDA one way or another? I have no idea what those timelines are generally like.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

It wasn't a diss on Joey at all! Like Trumpbuxs, BidenBux, the currency, lame meme. Anyway, I think that ZOM can come back. RIOT is the crypto company, I like to buy it when BitCoin is down, now I am bag holding. BUT, if it can hold 29 I feel pretty good, keeps testing 30. It is not a sprint but a marathon. I BELIEVE they will come back in the mid to long term so I am holding. I don't read WSB.

out of all the companies in the world to invest in, you picked crypto mining and hypothyroid test equipment for cats

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

cr0y posted:

Since everything sucks do we have even a rough idea of when $GOONSTONK might hear from the FDA one way or another? I have no idea what those timelines are generally like.

No one has any idea. It's in clinical trials and they won't announce anything until it shows promise or falls apart.

It's not on some sort of timeline like a music or videogame release date, and there is no indication It's either close or far away from FDA approval.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Oscar Wild posted:

I bought May 24 SPY $420 calls at $2. Line goes down? Buy more weed number

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is this why you sell in may and go away? Wish I got more XOM.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
My SPY $420 7/16 calls took a massive beating today, portfolio is down 33%. Yet, the only thing I regret is not having extra spending cash to buy more calls

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Leal posted:

Is this why you sell in may and go away? Wish I got more XOM.

Yea, but like.... When do you come back?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
BBW is invincible lol

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

No one has any idea. It's in clinical trials and they won't announce anything until it shows promise or falls apart.

It's not on some sort of timeline like a music or videogame release date, and there is no indication It's either close or far away from FDA approval.

You’re mostly correct - they’ve finished the current trials and submitted to the FDA for device approval last June. Prior to COVID, there was a lag time of 6-8 months, which was putting it right around end of Jan/Feb. Much like the rest of the government, covid slowed everything down. So there’s potentially additional lag time before approval.

Best case scenario - it’s approved very soon.

Other scenario - covid/bureaucracy extends lag time even longer for approval

Worst case scenario - FDA doesn’t approve and asks for additional testing/trials (which I believe has already happened - look at the spikes and dips over the past 5 years)

I’m in because I know the market would be huge, I know the product would be useful as described and I don’t mind waiting for approval. I also think it will be approved soon, but I don’t know that for sure. Do your own DD, but those are my reasons for hanging on!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Yup. As someone who's also been dealing with the FDA, just lol at trying to get any non-COVID related project approved in a reasonable timeframe right now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im robloxin over here

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Residency Evil posted:

Yup. As someone who's also been dealing with the FDA, just lol at trying to get any non-COVID related project approved in a reasonable timeframe right now.

Is the FDA under a hiring freeze, or was that lifted when Trump got booted?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

numberoneposter posted:

im robloxin over here

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1392015398615142403?s=20

bought 2 $NUE puts, 10/15 90p @ 5.70

it's way overbought on daily and weekly RSI and if china wants iron ore futures prices to go down, some speculators are gonna get shaken out

basically just a short-term bet on china getting its way

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

It blows my mind how Theranos almost hoodwinked the FDA. They didn’t even bother confirming that any of their poo poo worked and had it not been for a whistleblower their fake instruments likely would have been handwaved through without a second thought

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Red posted:

Is the FDA under a hiring freeze, or was that lifted when Trump got booted?

No more idea than you do.

Cacafuego posted:

It blows my mind how Theranos almost hoodwinked the FDA. They didn’t even bother confirming that any of their poo poo worked and had it not been for a whistleblower their fake instruments likely would have been handwaved through without a second thought

Now that you mention it, after dealing with the FDA reviewers, I’m not so surprised. :v:

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Michael Corleone posted:

Woah, cool, woke up to RIOT down to 25 bidens, I bought in JUST under 40 :( It is coming back up. Also, eating dirt on ZOM bought in at 1.09, .825 now. Just posting my losses. And advice if you have any on what I should do, basically down 25% overall. Those are my only holdings, 15 and 530. TIA!

I should have sold all of my ZOM at $2. Holding on to some of my gambling and meme stocks while taking a couple of months break from actively trading is really bad. I don't even know what some of the shares I'm currently holding even are anymore!

Also, Build a Bear Workshop is up 14% today!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

NQ keeps breaching the surface of a green close and splashing back down.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

-6.05% to up 4.05% :ohdear: what a weird day

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

TheKevman posted:

-6.05% to up 4.05% :ohdear: what a weird day

Yeah, it was a wild ride from start to finish... I'm hoping that we have a relief rally in store tomorrow when the interest is 'as expected' and 'priced in'.

E: I'm posting this here because that thought gave me the confidence to buy calls end of day for certain companies, and I need to be held accountable if it isn't enough DD.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 11, 2021

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I’m gonna dump all this whack appl stock into crypto LFGGGGGGG

ALREADY GOT my 6 yo son running around yelling “TO THE MOOOOOOOON”

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

IG-88 posted:

ALREADY GOT my 6 yo son running around yelling “TO THE MOOOOOOOON”

Child Protective Services are on their way.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Was Dogecoin a market top signal?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Thank you RBLX

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

It would be hilarious and entirely appropriate if Elon going on SNL is the Bear Stearns of this market. But I feel like top signals have been sounding like air raid sirens for months and months, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some new peaks of insanity and stupidity ahead.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

LLCoolJD posted:

Doge market top for for the crypto power bottoms.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The tea leaves won't stop screaming at me that the pipeline thing is good for TSLA and therefore DOGE

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The tea leaves won't stop screaming at me that the pipeline thing is good for TSLA and therefore DOGE

Gas going up by $0.10 for a week, better buy a $70,000 tesla.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The opium I'm smoking says those June Spy calls are going to go up in perpetuity up in smoke

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

drunken officeparty posted:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

drunken officeparty posted:

It's not the price, it's that all gas stations are empty in my area. As soon as I bought a Tesla they'd hack the electrical grid...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
As a Roblox haver I am now rich, ama

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RC Cola posted:

As a Roblox haver I am now rich, ama

I bough at 68 and sold at 75 a while ago

It's the only smart play I've made other than BBW

e: and with a bit of luck, RYCEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Sorry, I was tuned out, why is RBLX Up when the earnings were Concentrated Dogshit