Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

FasterThanLight posted:

Display menu -> Extended Hours

Honestly I turned off extended hours on my broker because it made scrolling back through the prior days insufferable and after market trading sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

D1Sergo posted:

And hey, tax deduction!

Reminder it's capped at 3k

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I am loading up clvs. Otly will be interesting.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

FasterThanLight posted:

Display menu -> Extended Hours

Thanks

Toalpaz posted:

Honestly I turned off extended hours on my broker because it made scrolling back through the prior days insufferable and after market trading sucks.

Well now I know how to disable it after I'm staring to see if number goes up or down.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
On top of my portfolioooooo

All covered in weeeeeed

I lost my poor stock price

When somebody sneezed

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

D1Sergo posted:

hahaha my penny stock I had the most hope for just took a poo poo because of some stock dilution news or something, dumped it before panic spreads tomorrow. That's why penny stocks get their reputation I guess, the "sure things" are the ones to watch out for. Between that and AHT and other crap choices my balance is down 30% and I'm demoralized. Other than some leftover weed stocks and $goon I'm about ready to call it quits, try again when the overall market takes a dump.

I guess 6 months of stock school at $500/month tuition isn't the worse thing in the world, I certainly KNOW a lot more now. And hey, tax deduction!

Which stock?

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
EVIO, lab-testing for cannabis and such. Was expecting a bounce with weed legalization + getting current with the SEC but instead they bought a lab facility and paid for it with a 4bln -> 20bln share dilution. I could still get back in once the price settles lower and wait it out but my confidence is shaken.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

D1Sergo posted:

hahaha my penny stock I had the most hope for just took a poo poo because of some stock dilution news or something, dumped it before panic spreads tomorrow. That's why penny stocks get their reputation I guess, the "sure things" are the ones to watch out for. Between that and AHT and other crap choices my balance is down 30% and I'm demoralized. Other than some leftover weed stocks and $goon I'm about ready to call it quits, try again when the overall market takes a dump.

I guess 6 months of stock school at $500/month tuition isn't the worse thing in the world, I certainly KNOW a lot more now. And hey, tax deduction!

Have you considered making most of your port index funds? (VOO / SPY / VEA / VTI) It is good to have a solid core and just grabbing the index will let you stay near it. You probably want a solid 70%+ in it. After that you are buying more of a specific stock (or options) because you think it has an edge over the rest, but you really have your fingers in every single pie.

If you can't find a play parking in the index is never a bad play. (Well it can go down I mean it's the Index it will go back up or everyone is hosed and you have bigger problems than if you get to retire).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I get some great emails from coinbase

hydrocarbonenema
Mar 4, 2017

Fun Shoe

D1Sergo posted:

EVIO, lab-testing for cannabis and such. Was expecting a bounce with weed legalization + getting current with the SEC but instead they bought a lab facility and paid for it with a 4bln -> 20bln share dilution. I could still get back in once the price settles lower and wait it out but my confidence is shaken.

You should consider MSOS for broad cannabis market coverage.

Just kidding.

I’m just shilling this piece of poo poo high expense ratio ETF that has done exactly jack poo poo except slowly lose value since I bought it partially day drunk 3 months ago.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

You can only make $877,122.00 of course!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I get some great emails from coinbase

Those sure are numbers!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What in the gently caress is going on with SPY AH 🧐

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

cr0y posted:

Just the establishment dumping what they hold after hours when the plebs can't do anything about it.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

cr0y posted:

It's uh, trading flat basically? Nothing I can see shows it down more than like 0.23%

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

.23% of my life savings!!!!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

RCarr posted:

.23% of my life savings!!!!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Intel exploring purchase of GlobalFoundries, AMD's former fabrication arm, for $30B

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

shame on an IGA posted:

Intel exploring purchase of GlobalFoundries, AMD's former fabrication arm, for $30B

:discourse:

Can’t beat them just make it impossible for them to manufacture product at a reasonable price.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BigPaddy posted:

:discourse:

Can’t beat them just make it impossible for them to manufacture product at a reasonable price.

Would be a good time to buy intel if they weren’t grossly mismanaged

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Goddamnit spy

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Red posted:

Well, something went haywire; basically, if you held this stock last year by a certain date, you received shares of ACMSY. I bought a handful around the time of this post, and got 5 shares, for some reason; people who held stock last year did not.

Interesting -- I got in and got out relatively quickly on a pop a while back. I'm looking for another entry b/c I think there's value there as COVID cases are rising again and half the population won't get vaxxed.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Fine. I sold my $GOON. Good luck

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Tetramin posted:

Goonspeed

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Buy high sell low baby you can't lose

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

The Big Jesus posted:

i am so loving good at this yeah

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Big Jesus posted:

*furiously taking notes*

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My big brain bought straddles on CLF for the earnings call next week, and CLF proceeded to dump 6% (and still falling).

My call for this week ate rear end, but this spread is printing money right now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tetramin posted:

I wonder if the thread collectively went "gently caress this" and sold off, crushing the stock by ~.50 a share.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My NDRA is just gambling money, I'm fine going extremely long.

I thought there was supposed to be a huge FDA backlog anyway.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
I told myself I'd buy some if it was under $2 again so I'm on the $GOON train with 5000.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
NDRA is the cheapest it's been and I have no fun bucks because AHT paddled my bare rear end

loving AHT

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
the AHT puts I bought earlier this week are the only green thing I have right now.

Currently sitting at 2250 GOON, might move more over if it dips back below $1.80 today

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

God today blows. Did anything even cause this slide? I thought we had some good numbers this morning 🤔

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

All the Muslim traders cashed out their positions, as Monday is a major holiday?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

AAPL and NVO have been the only good thing for me this week and are keeping my sinking ship above water.

E:

quote:

July 16 (Reuters) - Wall Street fell on Friday, weighed down by declines in Amazon and other heavyweights technology stocks, while investors worried about a rise in coronavirus cases tied to the highly contagious Delta variant.

On Thursday, Los Angeles County said it would reimpose its mask mandate this weekend. On Friday, public health officials said U.S. coronavirus cases were up 70% over the previous week, with deaths up 26%.

"COVID is starting to affect the market, ironically, for the first time since last summer, when the reopening trade began," said Jake Dollarhide, chief executive officer of Longbow Asset Management in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Also, :lol: at a financial asset manager CEO being named “Dollarhide”

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 16, 2021

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Spy has been propped up by megacap growth such as aapl as other parts get slaughtered (IWM). Megacap growth stalling out at ath is leading to indexes shrinking? As far as I can tell.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh Goon why you not go up like I want. Do you want me to buy more because I will. If that's what you want.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

cr0y posted:

God today blows. Did anything even cause this slide? I thought we had some good numbers this morning 🤔

It doesn't really seem that bad. Everything I have is down a tiny amount, but nothing terrible.

OXLC is my only green up above 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Other than a few small swings this week has sucked. So many stop losses triggered. Oh well guess I’ll have a lot of cash to work with soon? :shrug: