Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Choice tidbits to me,

"What do the data on the prime-working-age population suggest? BLS data show that the share of 25- to 54-year-olds in the labor force dropped from 82.9% in February 2020 to 79.8% in April 2020. A year later, it's partially recovered to 81.3%"

"a significant number of people who had not planned to retire in 2020 may have retired anyway because of the dangers to their health or due to rising asset values that made retirement feasible"

"In March 2021, 74.1% of prime-age women were in the labor force, down from 77.1% in February 2020. Evidence points to increased domestic responsibilities being one of the primary reasons for this shift. Women face greater caregiving responsibilities, and the first few months of the pandemic saw mothers decrease their work hours four to five times more than fathers"

"March 2021 CPS data show that individuals who were employed in Q1 of 2020 but currently out of the labor force were disproportionately in the transport, hospitality, and food services sectors. It's not a surprise that those sectors are overrepresented in job loss data; they were some of the ones hardest hit by the pandemic"

Hed posted:

There is a modest positive impact on cutting UI benefits speeding job matching, the framing of that NYT Headline be damned.

Your link states the opposite? "States that cut benefits have experienced job growth similar to, and perhaps slightly slower than, growth in states that retained the benefits".

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So for CRTX, their 11/11 presentation is now a roundtable
https://www.ctad-alzheimer.com/files/files/Program_CTAD2021_6oct MV.pdf (page 15)

hmmm :thunk:

lurksion fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 21, 2021

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

lurksion posted:

https://www.ctad-alzheimer.com/files/files/Program_CTAD2021_6oct MV.pdf (page 15)

hmmm

I am pro-King Arthur and his knights but no idea how this is good or bad news for CRTX.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Is Alzheimer’s the questing beast in this analogy?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

If ye shall pull the plaque off of the stone brain then ye shall be king of the britons biotech stocks this week

Edit

Whoso pulleth out this sword plaque of this stone and anvil brain, is rightwise king born of all England biotech.

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 21, 2021

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Turns out that was posted earlier, I thought it was interesting since it probably implies some degree of success, but not a mission accomplished.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

assuming this is real, there's going to be a trump SPAC lol

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1450981785710604294

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

lurksion posted:

They are announcing their topline result ahead of the conference. I think stuff about the conference doesn't really tell us much.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

lurksion posted:

Turns out that was posted earlier, I thought it was interesting since it probably implies some degree of success, but not a mission accomplished.

I’m thinking it might have something to do with the liver damage issue they had earlier in the year in that open label trial that got canned.

Drug worked but liver fukt or something.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Drug worked but liver fukt or something.

"Once again, the conservative, sandwich$GOON-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!"

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Uranium 235 posted:

I hope this is real because if it is... a lot of people are going to lose a ton of money.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I hope this is real because if it is... a lot of people are going to lose a ton of money.

Gonna be great when they promote capital raisings to MAGA fuckwits before it goes bankrupt.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So the winning play is buy in the second it drops, wait for the CHUDs to throw their life savings at it, then bail and watch it go negative, right?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yes, Trump spac is real

https://deadline.com/2021/10/donald-trump-social-media-network-1234859462/

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

It continues to piss me off to watch my NFLX rise to heaven while my ROKU sinks to hell.

wtf u think people are watching NFLX on u goddamn stupid investors?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Uranium 235 posted:

Came here to ask which spac is gonna buy this scam out so I can get in on it early enough to cash out instead of bag hold.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Uranium 235 posted:

I'm in. If I've learned anything it's that evil always wins and this grift will either go to 0 or tesla.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Femtosecond posted:

It continues to piss me off to watch my NFLX rise to heaven while my ROKU sinks to hell.

NTDOY, GOOG, AAPL, SONY, SSNLF...

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Femtosecond posted:

Ipads, smart TVs, laptops probably in that order. I would estimate less than 10% use roku in 2021 to watch netflixand I would only expect that number to drop as more and more people buy new (smart) TVs.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

So the winning play is buy in the second it drops, wait for the CHUDs to throw their life savings at it, then bail and watch it go negative, right?

God,

I feel like there's a real potential it could just blow up, because why not? If a bunch of MAGAs just keep throwing gobs of money at it who says it won't be another GME?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

They did such a good job on this

https://tmtgcorp.com/company-overview/

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Femtosecond posted:

I consider myself at least in the top half of tech savvy people

In my lifetime I've only seen a Roku in the wild three times, two of those were at Airbnb

Id invest in Rolex or Casio or Chinese real estate ahead of Roku. Everyone has a smart tv now. I've seen countless articles about how hard it is to find a TV that's not preloaded with some smart poo poo

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Femtosecond posted:

Smart TVs, phones, tablets Chromecast, apple TVs... People still buy rokus at all?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

There are also roku-integrated smart TVs. They can be pretty inexpensive.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Well, the TV this thread bought me: it has all the smart TV stuff like Netflix and Hulu, but it also has really niche stuff like Criterion, Bally Sports, Tennis, Golf, Peacock, regional sports, animes out the wazoo, starz, shudder, cinemax, AMC, etc.

And it maintains a 4K signal wirelessly even better than my Xbone and PS5 do.

Smart tv tech has gotten so much better I can't imagine anyone buying any of those kindle or chromecast or roku devices unless it's some elderly person who got confused by a bullshit salesman.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I love my Roku. I have 3 Roku tv’s in my house and a Roku Ultra on my main TV which I use instead of it’s built in smart crap.

The problem is there’s not a ton of profit in the hardware and hardware sales are infrequent. I doubt I’ll need another Roku anytime soon.

I used to work for a company that made some consumer electronics and the margin was poo poo. The money is in the software and monetizing your users.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My entire extended family uses rokus. And I see them all over in restaurants for playing background music or streaming nonsense

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

57% of Americans stream on a Roku apparently.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I have a roku tv and it's very nice and easy but yea haven't bought a new one in years, never had any problems, but need to upgrade soon. I also lost the remote but there's an app for that.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Well, the TV this thread bought me: it has all the smart TV stuff like Netflix and Hulu, but it also has really niche stuff like Criterion, Bally Sports, Tennis, Golf, Peacock, regional sports, animes out the wazoo, starz, shudder, cinemax, AMC, etc.

And it maintains a 4K signal wirelessly even better than my Xbone and PS5 do.

Smart tv tech has gotten so much better I can't imagine anyone buying any of those kindle or chromecast or roku devices unless it's some elderly person who got confused by a bullshit salesman.

Don't say it what is or anything.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Hadlock posted:

What is your strategy here? FDA approval was Oct 4, valuation fell off a cliff (:confused:) and now it's back down near 6 month lows, spitting distance of 1 year low $1.70. Apparently I forgot to sell mine when it popped. Is the big payout the PCR machine contract in China

OpGen (OPGN) - Still holding, looking at 2 years to see what unfolds. Would have been nice if after FDA clearance the stock jumped but I think PR fumbled it, as well as the Merck announcement the same day. The technology looks good, the ability to detect super bugs in hours rather than days will save lives. The Beijing Clear Biotech deal is 360 Unyvero systems as well as 1.5 million cartridges for 8 years which work out to $22.5m/year - $180m total. The Unyvero system has the OK from China (NMPA) , we're just waiting on the pneumonia cartridge getting approval from them, then it's a go. Company has cash on hand for about two years so it should be OK while contracts should happen before then (New York State). That said, it's possible Thermofisher could step in and snap it up next year.

Bought another 40 shares of Cortexyme (CRTX) @$57.60 today. Nice discount, see what happens in Nov. Can't see it being a "Sorry fellers, we got nuthin..." presentation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Don't say it what is or anything.

Oh, I figured everyone would be sick of it at this point, but here goes:

Sub-penny stock recommendations itt bought me a 65" Sony Bravia

I love this thread and sub-penny stocks.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

God,

I feel like there's a real potential it could just blow up, because why not? If a bunch of MAGAs just keep throwing gobs of money at it who says it won't be another GME?

Short calls long puts

lurksion posted:

Very important: what number is the table? Cause if it's table 6 again I'm out.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1451030745263263745?t=_na3BNIuX0dV4pA7az6L9A&s

edit - apparently it was a fake account but it's still funny

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 21, 2021

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Is that the blog that will be SPAC’d? Look at that balls on that pig, this will be good for the price

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

The TMTG tech stack is going to take on a disrupt the whole tech industry at one. What a once-in-a-lifetime investment opportunity!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

No, the pig testicles are definitely already priced in

Hadlock posted:

So if SOFI goes to $25/share,

**eventually someone on wallstreetbets is going to post a DD about lending club (LC) jumping 25% after their bank charter,

So it begins

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/qc9dat/sofi_a_retards_retirement_paradise/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

pork bowel futures

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I have bad news for you about what part of the pig your ham sandwich is sourced from

If McRibs follow lean pork belly futures, there's definitely going to be a chart Very Soon correlating drumpf SPAC with ham futures

Edit: apparently you can just directly trade fertilizer futures

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 21, 2021

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
So apparently Trump Media is just buying out DWAC and using that preexisting company to run its stuff? I guess? As always, you can tell this whole thing has been very well thought out in advance and is going to work great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

other way around, read about SPACs.

tldr it's a bag of cash that exists as a publicly traded corp purely to buy some private company that wants to end-run the traditional IPO process