Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

pixaal posted:

So I should buy it and name it the S and P 500 field?

Should produce an error of some kind, since I don't think it can trail itself. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

BustANut Capital's flagship fund is in the blue zone, ouch

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't trust this green futures poo poo

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Thinking about averaging down further on SOFI

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hadlock posted:

Thinking about averaging down further on SOFI

Don't get married to your trades

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
They're releasing numbers on March 1st I believe. They delayed it because of the bank charter and probably this new acquisition. I'd guess they delayed because they wanted to really juice their numbers or because they weren't looking good.

In the current environment even with good numbers that won't necessarily lead to a huge increase in stock price. And if it's bad they're gonna get stuck in single digits.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Number going down down, not finding resistance level yet

Yeah I have zero faith SOFI is going to hit $15 again before July at this point. $12 is looking optimistic in the lead up to earnings, just based on how fintechs as a group are being treated. Bank charter + current market downturn was an attempt to push out earnings further I'm pretty sure, probably won't be successful

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
SoFi overpaid for Technisys and the shares will be diluted as well. Womp womp.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Overpaid in an all stock deal, yeah I was surprised they paid a billion dollars for a company with $70mm in ARR

It does make them a fully integrated financial company though, and according to their press release anyways, it will pay for itself in three years and generate additional high margin revenue in perpetuity. It also sets them up to provide the full suite of banking backend services for other companies moving forward, which is cool, but extremely speculative, as current and future CTOs now have a decade+ of RESTful APIs and someone like BoA, Chase, Wells Fargo could turn around and offer the same thing in 3-5 years. It's a neutral at worst move, IMO

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Don't get married to your trades

We're buying a house and expecting twins in 2024. I wouldn't trust my naive opinions, but I also don't have a whole lot of money riding on this

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Hadlock posted:

We're buying a house and expecting twins in 2024. I wouldn't trust my naive opinions, but I also don't have a whole lot of money riding on this

Totally off topic but how can you already be expecting twins 2 years out?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nwin posted:

IVF?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
So I had to meet my FWB's best friend's boyfriend for some reason and turns out he's a commodity trader for a big bank. Dude owns a fuckin winery! So I thought i'd get some good tips for you guys. I told him I've been dabbling in day trading and was wondering about the ukraine instability. His advice:

quote:

haha what are you stupid

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

nwin posted:

That's when I'm expecting SOFI to hit $20 again

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MAXR ended up with decent earnings but said that the first pair of satellites launching would be delayed by a few weeks and so number go down lol. Might pick up a few more shares this week

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

vonManstein posted:

The relative silence in this thread is pretty telling - guessing everyone is doing like me and not even opening up their portfolio.

I’m pretending I’m Cathie by playing Lost ARKK

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i trusted you elon, why you make numbers go down

Magicaljesus
Oct 18, 2006

Have you ever done this trick before?

numberoneposter posted:

i trusted you elon, why you make numbers go down

Probably to spite that retired couple who put their faith and 80% of their portfolio in TSLA.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

i trusted you elon

Well there's your problem

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Didn't elon sell a shitload of TSLA right at the top, even going as far as making it look like he did it because Twitter people wanted him to?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

UnfurledSails posted:

Didn't elon sell a shitload of TSLA right at the top, even going as far as making it look like he did it because Twitter people wanted him to?
The options were expiring as far as I know. He was selling regardless.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

We already hit $421 today so anything above that got marked in red

I'm gonna extend this to 60 days (March 24) as i think we'll get close this week but probably not by EOD Thursday

Edit: oh, here we go

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 23, 2022

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Picked up another 322 shares of Inplay Oil (IPO) @ 3.08. Starting to buy Surgalign Holdings (SRGA) - 4950 shares @ .31 (book value is around .34) - lots of insider buying (in the million of dollars @ .90+ share) and it received FDA clearance on it's HOLO portal device in Jan. during the "Great Mini Stock Crash of 2022". (no GOON stock wait time here) World's first AI 3-D guidance system for spinal operations. Surgeon can view the 3D images of the spine as they're working in real time like Superman's x-ray vision. Big stuff.

Covid restrictions are going to be removed this year and hospitals will need to ramp up on the backlog of surgeries. An industry that's been held down is going to snap back up & I think Bio Tech/Pharma is going to be the next focus in two years. Remember when oil was below $25/barrel in 2020? Oil was dead, everyone was going to drive a Tesla... Cathy Wood predicted...

Anyone looking at value should take a peek at Goodyear Tire (GT) stock got knocked down to around $14.90/share. I got a rough tangible book value of 17-18/share. Obviously the price of oil and inflation is going to be a factor here as well as the increase of cheap tires from China, but I can't help but think the ghost of Benjamin Graham would be floating around this one. Cars are going to use tires, whether gas or electric... don't own shares yet, but maybe... it could go lower.

Just finished the book "The Contrarian - Peter Thiel and Silicon Valley's Pursuit of Power" and it's a good read. If you're thinking of buying Palantir or own shares now you should read it. (Hint - hope you like eating baloney, Palantir has enough of it to become a deli)

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ARTPUP posted:

Covid restrictions are going to be removed this year and hospitals will need to ramp up on the backlog of surgeries.

Lol.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

ARTPUP posted:

Just finished the book "The Contrarian - Peter Thiel and Silicon Valley's Pursuit of Power" and it's a good read. If you're thinking of buying Palantir or own shares now you should read it. (Hint - hope you like eating baloney, Palantir has enough of it to become a deli)

Sounds like a great play for hungry investors building a conservative, sandwich heavy portfolio.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ARTPUP posted:

Picked up another 322 shares of Inplay Oil (IPO) @ 3.08. Starting to buy Surgalign Holdings (SRGA) - 4950 shares @ .31 (book value is around .34) - lots of insider buying (in the million of dollars @ .90+ share) and it received FDA clearance on it's HOLO portal device in Jan. during the "Great Mini Stock Crash of 2022". (no GOON stock wait time here) World's first AI 3-D guidance system for spinal operations. Surgeon can view the 3D images of the spine as they're working in real time like Superman's x-ray vision. Big stuff.

Covid restrictions are going to be removed this year and hospitals will need to ramp up on the backlog of surgeries. An industry that's been held down is going to snap back up & I think Bio Tech/Pharma is going to be the next focus in two years. Remember when oil was below $25/barrel in 2020? Oil was dead, everyone was going to drive a Tesla... Cathy Wood predicted...

Anyone looking at value should take a peek at Goodyear Tire (GT) stock got knocked down to around $14.90/share. I got a rough tangible book value of 17-18/share. Obviously the price of oil and inflation is going to be a factor here as well as the increase of cheap tires from China, but I can't help but think the ghost of Benjamin Graham would be floating around this one. Cars are going to use tires, whether gas or electric... don't own shares yet, but maybe... it could go lower.

great quality post, thank you. are you screening for tangible book value or calculating from filings? I don’t know of a good web screener for TBV but would love to have one

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I don’t give a gently caress about Ukraine but Putin can go gently caress himself for making my portfolio redder than usual

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

$AMKR chat, anyone?

https://twitter.com/dylan522p/status/1496669250437763074

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

I don’t give a gently caress about Ukraine but Putin can go gently caress himself for making my portfolio redder than usual

Not to mention the inevitable legislative response,

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Explosions in Ukraine right now. I'm telling people who I'd think would want to know!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

:(

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Well,

poo poo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Joke's on you, all my money is in water filters and ammo.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Possible silver lining is a dovish fed pivot due to all this shitshow

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

UnfurledSails posted:

That would be a terrible mistake on the Fed's part

Baddog
May 12, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

That would be a terrible mistake on the Fed's part

Yep, they have to get inflation under control asap, I'm afraid they are already way too late.

Not like war is going to help with the price of goods.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

UnfurledSails posted:

:regd08: gently caress yah 10% inflation by June, 15% by September

At this rate I'll pay off my mortgage with pocket change and retire debt free like all those boomers that lived through the 70s and 80s; where's that ladder so I can pull it up behind me

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Hadlock posted:

:regd08: gently caress yah 10% inflation by June, 15% by September

At this rate I'll pay off my mortgage with pocket change and retire debt free like all those boomers that lived through the 70s and 80s; where's that ladder so I can pull it up behind me

buddy I'm Turkish those are rookie numbers

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I would like 15% inflation, a 15% raise, and a pony please and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

This is going to be an interesting day