Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Zerstorung posted:

Even Google gave up trying to solve it (see: Google Fiber)

Your larger point has merit but this specific example isn't great because Google literally gives up on everything that isn't harvesting data from its users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

What’s everyone’s favorite mobile app for cosplaying as a daytrader with? Vanguard is great for real finance but if I want to yell buy sale buy sale while watching numbers dance around for my amusement what’s the platform for that?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I’m long on ccl too just not looking at it for another year or so.

But then again I’m also still holding amc because I’m convinced it’s gonna get a spike with the Biden checks as a way of rationalizing that I held thru the real spike so prob don’t listen to me.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

tesilential posted:

Put 95% of your money into a vanguard target date fund, total market or SPY500 fund.

Split the remaining 5% into 10 pieces and go have fun trying to pick stocks.

This is almost literally my approach and I highly recommend it. Put an amount every month into a target retirement fund and don't worry about it. The remaining portion is just playing fantasy sports with real world events.

Speaking of which I'm also still holding AMC cuz I'm convinced it's gonna spike again.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I have a sell order for amc at 18 and I’m not sure if I should just hit sell now because it will never spike again or hold for it to spike harder and I’m honestly sort of hoping it hits 18 so I don’t have to think about it anymore.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Nobody Interesting posted:

My thinking with AMC is to wait til the pandemic's over and everyone's excited about going to the cinema again.

On the other hand, I got in at $12 this morning and could sell right now for a tidy short term gain :shrug:

Oh I’m still holding from months ago I could sell for a profit it’s just how greedy do I want to be and how much do I want to risk this becoming a long term hold when it inevitably tanks again.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Gme and risky in the same post now I’ve seen it all.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

reignofevil posted:

I can't actually trade until 6 AM so this number really doesn't even count for me but I want everyone here to be able to experience my pain

Ha, I was wondering how close you came. Goddamn.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

Its pretty insane how much hype is being spun up for GME in places like Reddit. I honestly dont understand how this is anytinhg other than a pump and dump scheme at this point.

At this point? That’s all it ever was.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

You're killing me CRTX.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

I would love for CRTX to keep crashing down, I cashed out about a week ago and if I could buy back in back around my entry point last time ($30.70) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd double my shares if it dipped that low, so I'm good with that too.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

AMC has their stock go to the stratosphere while Alamo Drafthouse goes bankrupt, proving that the market is fundamentally unjust

Agreed.

Also still holding amc.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Tetramin posted:

This seems like a smart rear end move though right? Kinda seems goofy but why not raise a ton of capital

For them sure. For us not so much.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

He had to act before Harris arrested them all.

Also still holding amc. gently caress it gonna get real weird with it.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone have a read on the CRTX securities fraud investigation beyond what's in the article here beyond "this sounds bad" because I haven't really seen anything like that in a stock I've followed before

My read is there's no reason to think there's anything more to this than people trying to rattle money out of a company they think they can scare money out of.

The cost of litigating it is probably a concern moreso than validity of the suit itself.

That's just my unprofessional read that you should not in any way rely on.

My unprofessional opinion is also that I wish this would tank it down to 30 at which point I'd buy more.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Buy more shares of HITIF you say?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Two of my buy orders filled. The market is dying isn't it.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

melon cat posted:

How many "variations of concern" officially exist at this point? I honestly lost track after the "UK Variant" was announced since authorities kept trying to attribute the UK strain to another country of origin then the names started getting all crossed in the stream of misinformation.

Last I read the Moderna/Pfizer vaccine still works on all them, right?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

The Brazil variants are a giant ? Right now. It could work and all is fine or this summer is going to make last year look like heaven

I choose not to hear this. Just as I choose not to look at my stocks this week.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Holy poo poo.

"“This poor soul traded all of the popular stocks you see in the media consistently all year long. . . [but] he never knew anything about the wash sale rules” wrote Wruk. “He booked a profit but was disallowed all the losses because he never once waited the 30 days on those stocks to book the loss,” added Wruk. "

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah Vanguard's been slow to wake up most mornings for the past week or so.

Vanguard's model gives them no real incentive to try to attract a swarm of retail investors, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was strategic. I wouldn't want to do deal with the million "how do I refund GME" questions from the financial qanons either.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Netflix must have the exclusive deal to live stream to outer space.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Holy poo poo Viacom.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Grem posted:

Marijuana legalized in NY. Time to jump back in weed stocks?

Some of us never left.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Kanthulhu posted:

What is a good Vanguard ETF for parking my money and safely slowly make more money each year?
I searched for "Vanguard ETF" but I found like a dozen results so I decided to ask here instead of reading all that bullshit I probably wouldn't understand to begin with.

If you're looking to put away money on a regular basis to save this way, target retirement fund is your friend.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

FNKO bought an app to trade NFTs and will be making blockchain Funkos starting this summer. Up 25%, we’re back in that one really weird timeline.

I understand this sentence. But I don't understand this sentence.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

If Onlyfans did a Roblox .... oh my god.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I didn't think CRTX would be the most volatile stock I own but here we are.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

See, this is why I'm afraid to spend more than like $20 on anything. I'm currently down nine cents.

gently caress. BAIL BAIL!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

pmchem posted:

I wrote some words about it here ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3259986&pagenumber=2248&perpage=40&highlight=khc#post513034320 ) but then didn't buy it myself because it never dropped to my target price

oh well

I will never forgive myself for missing the boat on ketchup futures.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heinz sight's 20/20

Can we goldmine a thread for one post?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I do too, c'mon pull a Roblox.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Chicekn Thighs are unsung heroes of the Cheap protein market

Look at this correct opinion.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

lol i will never trade NDRA

Yes. Why trade NDRA when you can just read this thread.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Just fyi, every time you guys see "promising Phase 2 results," realize that Phase 2 is designed as a comparison between the new drug and the shittiest historical comparison that the investigator thinks he/she can get away with using, so that the numbers look good enough to go to phase 3 and the patient numbers are as low as possible so they get accrued to as quickly as possible.

This no stop stock from go up.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I'm not sure what's dumber, that I could sell AMC for something like a 300% profit or that I'm thinking about not because it might go higher.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

cr0y posted:

How many shares? Sell covered calls

Just 100. I only brought it to follow the meme.

Also on a non-meme note AHT at 2.00 was a great buy.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

I don't see how it doesn't go up at this point. The WSB crowd have been reinvigorated by this week's action and will almost certainly be completely frenzied by it once again.

That’s sort of what I’m thinking. There’s no reason it should be 25 but there’s no reason it should be 18 either so what the hell let it ride.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

I sold too early. I hope it pulls back some to get back in.

I'm very sure it will. Prob gonna sell if it hits $45 and prob buy back it when it dips to $32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The rule of meme stocks is number go up as I understand it.

Yes, buy stock then number go up because people say number go up.

Dumb money is the future.