Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
What the gently caress happened to this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

a Loving Dog posted:

thats the first time guy has posted here though lol

im not rich enough for this thread's usual flavor of stock gambling but i can definitely afford some doge coins and penny garbage

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It can be disappointing to learn who your peers are!

come on man, back to bwm

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Naw, I'm primarily switching into weed ETFs or getting back in if it dips enough, I'm long on weed in general.

Which weed ETFs do you recommend looking into?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

a Loving Dog posted:

Its more like "gently caress you, rear end in a top hat, don't post here. You're stupid. I'm trying to save you from losing money. This is for your own good you dumbass piece of poo poo."

It’s great, motronic is especially good at it

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I only buy expensive shares

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Whoreson Welles posted:

I want to take my crypto talk out of the stock thread. Is there an actual crypto thread somewhere?

Just look for seraph84’s most recently banned alt in the leper zone

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Framboise posted:

Hmm. Is it possible to use both Robinhood (just for the sake of experimenting in crypto) and Fidelity for more serious investments, if Fidelity lacks those options?

yes but use coinbase

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ogarza posted:

coinbase asbolutely sucks, have you seen the satanic spread on top of the 2% fee? binance is like 0.1% per transaction

EDIT - and you can also do limit trades... coinbase is poo poo IMO

Oh cool thanks, yeah I thought the fees were just inherent, lots of solutions I tried charged a lot

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I’ll switch my 0.03 bitcoin to binance, it’s whatever. Thanks for the info lol. Guess I only found ripoffs in my admittedly short search

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

withoutclass posted:

Take a look at Kraken too. Binance US one has not been nearly as good as OG Binance.

Also, BlockFi is offering around 6% compounding APY for BTC deposits and 8.6% APY on USDC.

Is blockfi legit or will I lose my 0.03 bitcoin

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Zaurg should be probed when he’s not posting in his own thread again

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Social media uproar over the cortexyme OLE's termination. Apparently a ton of enrollees were seeing incredible cognitive improvement and they want themselves/their loved ones to be able to stay on the treatment.

That's sort of heart breaking

Terminating an open label extension doubly sucks because that’s usually what convinces people to be enrolled. The guarantee of receiving treatment. Especially when it’s canceled this suddenly... oof.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
About pharma run trials:

The open label extension (OLE) is why people join up. It’s a guarantee you get the (supposed) medicine. It’s not for measuring efficacy or whatever, but monitoring longer term side effects, adverse effects, that stuff.

Generally the dosage is upped throughout the prior phases of the trial, like by using cohorts of subjects who all get incrementally larger dosages. Then at the end the largest safe dosage gets kicked over to the OLE. There’s always the option to reduce the dosage (if a similar setup was used in their trial, idk) but having your OLE fail sucks pretty hard. It’s not really just a sideshow attraction, but it’s not a disaster that’s gonna sink your study either

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

jokes posted:

I get a nice warm feeling when I buy stocks intending to hold them for 40 years.

It’s like placing one of those slow infinite-resource generators in an RTS. You plonk it down and it’s $5,000 but you get a tick of $10 every 5 seconds forever. Eventually everyone mined the whole map and is on their last legs but you’re the one with the infinite things so you can win through attrition

I’m going to 6 pool your rear end

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It took a pandemic we're still feeling the consequences of today to make the global market dip like what, 20%? 30%? And it's already back up

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
if you don't have 25k to burn what the gently caress are you doing day trading

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you don't have to do the options equivalent of betting it all on black either

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
White girls never let me down, PINS up 5% today

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
At least post in a guido accent with that username

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

a Loving Dog posted:

the stock market is so goddamn stupid lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sadly my (EU) broker doesn't let me trade AH on the US market, or I'd be shorting some GME with a buy order set at 160 or whatever

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

drunken officeparty posted:

I'll buy someone a forums gift cert of their choice (except smilie you dick) to the best guess on GME closing price on Friday. Price Is Right rules.

70 bux

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'll buy a smiley for whoever wins, but it needs to be provided to me (stuck on a laptop for the time being, so no photoshop)

:gdj:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
also PM me whoever has won lol because this thread will have 20000 unread posts tomorrow morning

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I set up a few buys at 74 USD for GME but I see I was not optimistic enough

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

MrOnBicycle posted:

To learn some: What exactly are the criteria that need to be fulfilled to halt trade like they seem to have done on GME. Too many rich people losing money (joking)?

10% in 5 minutes I think is when one can trip

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
A second halt has hit the stock

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Loving this new turn based stock trading game

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
-1.15% for the day, are you guys 100% in tech or something?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Michael Corleone posted:

I work from home. I would like to start trading and making money in day trading,

give up this dream immediately

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
About positions, I'm very boring and only have like 5% of my cash somewhere other than ETFs.

Few hundred in RDSA, (Royal Dutch Shell), an oil corp that was hit hard by covid. They've been pivoting to renewables for a while though, and they've been doing well lately (I bought ~100 shares at 11 euros, 16.90 now)
2k in Apple, bought in at an avg of 129 USD, not my best move but I've held on to this stock before and will do so again now because there's not really something I want cash for right now.
Few hundred in Pinterest (ARPU of 1 dollar so lots of room for monetization there, betting on white girls here), got in at 78 USD.
I tossed some change at NDRA/CRTX because why not, but NDRA is an instant sell for me if they get FDA approval, because I just don't think liver scanning is an incredible market (especially since nobody's fuckin' upgrading their equipment for that during covid, at least not over here).

I sold off a lot of stuff after the bounce back from the covid crash in 2020, put that into ETFs, and stopped looking at them. Something something risk tolerance.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

pmchem posted:

ETFs are positions too, post those! :science:

I’m talking thoroughly boring. EU so 401ks etc don’t exist for me.

80% blackrock’s s&p 500, 20% vanguard’s all world. We don’t have access to many us traded etfs like jets, weed, etc.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also am I supposed to buy someone a smiley yet? Who won the competition?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kill All Cops posted:

rule of thumb is to never sell at a loss

lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why are you giving financial advice

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Your last few posts were about covered calls so I’m pretty sure you just read a few articles about them or whatever.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Apple is 118 bucks a share, jesus christ

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

iSurrender posted:

Buy some dip.

I’ll gladly buy apple at 118 yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Pillowpants posted:

Can someone explain the logic to me of having a 6.5 hour trading day with a "Pre" and "Post" market.

....Why isn't it open 24/7?

why do you want this, computers are owning enough of the market already

gently caress, the current market lets me sleep