Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

LLCoolJD posted:

Papa Johns news:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/papa-johns-shares-fall-on-report-company-abandons-outright-sale.html

John Schnatter's infamous and crass statement was dealt with very abruptly, but man I would hate to have to deal with such a boorish guy. He isn't going away, and apparently investors see him as a huge pain in the rear end.

Man good eye on this news. PZZA up 9% this morning due to a company buying a $200M stake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I got a doctor's note excusing me from p/e.

New thread with this title TIA

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

BlackMK4 posted:

drat, I knew I should have pulled the trigger on USO Friday

Same boat here. I saw someone post about grabbing Nov calls and went “Hmmm he has a good point... but nah I’m saving for my wedding”

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Fuckin RIP anybody’s Intel puts. Looks like cloud-computing is the buzzword of the quarter again.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Fuckin halt glitched out thinkorswim and gave me a goddamn heart attack.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Whoever mentioned getting in on KSS last Friday while it was at $11...

FFFFFFFFF WHY DIDN’T I LISTEN

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Hail Stan

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Jack Daniels posted:

:redflag: CONTEST: HOW LOW WILL SPX BE THIS WEEK 4/19 - 4/25?
  • in order to be eligible for PRIZE must vote by Sunday 4/19 before futures open
  • only counting MARKET OPEN $SPX not futures

GOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gimme that smooth 2600

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Whew AMD. I picked up more at 59.50 today because I feel like this company is just going to continue going up year after year barring some catastrophic fuckup.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I bought a single Pinterest call yesterday because the rest of tech is blowing up after earnings and I made a joke to my friends that “all those banana bread recipes have to count for something, right?”

Well uh, looks like they did count for something. Should’ve bought more.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

lol those emojis

"feeling cute, might pump the market later idk"

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Arzakon posted:

What you are saying is I should put all of my long term taxable trading into an account in my elderly fathers name so I can save 15% but lose 100% when I find out he willed all his earthly assets to the Trump 2024 campaign?

Stop doxxing me

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Cacafuego posted:

I've been bagholding UAVS for a while and it's shot up 10%+ today on no news. No idea what's going on with it.

I also got in with a small amount (like $200) and it’s up 50% but I’m kind of just like “whatever might as well let it sit”

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

decypher posted:

Take your profits, man!

Ride or die.

Stock market a gently caress.

Kill all gains.

Also go, PTON, go!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
PTON popping off, looks like people love that fuckin bike.

Also get outta here decypher telling me to take my profits on UAVS, ride or die! (jk this is all luck, thank you for looking out)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Followed some rando comment on wsb two weeks ago about buying MS March 75c. Only bought one as a gamble but gently caress it I’ll take a 150% return of a couple hundred bucks.

Never go broke taking profits. Thanks, Dems!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

anybody else irrationally angry after that? no? just me?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

AHH F/UGH posted:

You think that's bad? Here's the follow up

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1351339915603300353?s=20

Big "i was only pretending to be an idiot" energy

Going to do myself a favor and not watch it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I'm personally waiting for the next phase of videos entitled "captial gains tax is bullshit" or "Beware the IRS and a wash sale #wtf #howwasIsupposedtoknow"

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My BB calls from Friday are up like 800% wtf. Sold 2 to cover the costs, the rest is gravy I guess.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’m up 1000% on BB. Sold two calls to cover my initial cost. I’ve never done this before. Do I get out? Diamond hands?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I can't get to a tv or stream right now but someone please post that Chamath CNBC clip from today when it gets posted tia

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

B I G FUND BOY CALLS FOR REFORM

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I literally took my dog for a walk around the block and my BB calls jump from 6.50 to 11 :wtc:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

TheWevel posted:

I sold my AMC options. A 1200% ROI was good enough for me.

You never go broke taking profits.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Didn't believe that for a second. No self-respecting CEO would be found dead in a "New York apartment".

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Garfu posted:

Took $50k BB profit between shares+options, sitting at another $100k. Gonna let it ride

I'm you, but 2k profit and 4k riding.

The one thing I realized with this whole thing is that as much as I think I have FOMO missing out on GME and stuff, I absolutely would not make out as good as these insane people on wsb because there's no way I would ever sit on 100k or more. I would have been the guy buying GME calls at $4, going nuts when it got to $40 and sold everything.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Gonna lose it when it's revealed that's just some kid who is really good at math and photoshop.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

He's posted tons of youtube content. And he's been posting about GME for over a year. It's likely 99% legit.

Ah okay. Never saw anything more than the EOD posts on wsb.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Virigoth posted:

I requested they let me back on the sub with a variation of the EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT

You gonna post it or...?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

D-Pad posted:

Jesus christ am I gonna have to dig through old hard drives and try to find the massive pile of dogecoins I had in like 2014 that was worth like $30 then?

It's up 1400% since 2014 or something so, yeah maybe check on that.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
drat, never had any crypto stuff set up but always wanted to. Finally got into it last night but by the time I figured out how to get some DOGE I missed the boat. Unless it starts actually ramping up and heading to $1 which would be fun.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

jokes posted:

I lost 90% of my BB gains today so I hate them.

I sat on $4000 worth of calls on Wed. Closed today worth $300. The meme wasn’t strong enough.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
The only people who made bank off the doge surge were the jokesters throwing $500-$X000 at it when it was like $0.005 in 2014 or the people who bought in for ten grand at $0.01 a few days ago. All the jokes about getting it to $1 were just that, I wouldn’t go too far out of your way to get involved.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
So trip report as we're all sharing:

Dropped $460 on Feb 5 $25 BB calls the Friday before the boom. Ended up selling half for a profit of $1200 and keeping the other half. Watched them go up to $4,000 total around the $28 mark but decided to hold in case it skyrocketed like GME. Also reinvested the $1200 into June $12 calls like a dope. Well after this crash I weighed holding the June calls but decided gently caress this, might as well just take a little profit and walked out of all the positions up about $600 total.

Feels bad missing out on taking $4000 at the peak because I got brainwashed by the wsb mentality but hey, I was going big or going home. Good thing we're all locked inside anyway.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
It's me, I'm the guy with no patience. Sat on a limit order for NDRA at 2.15, got impatient, raised it to 2.19 only for the price to suddenly drop to 2.14 for like 30 seconds before spiking back up to 2.19 anyway.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Friend of mine had a bunch invested in TTOO waiting for it to pop over the last couple years. Their new test detects the Brazil variant of Covid and shares jumped a bunch.

Biotech giveth sometimes. Gives me faith in NDRA and their tech down the line.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I want to take my crypto talk out of the stock thread. Is there an actual crypto thread somewhere?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

drunken officeparty posted:

Weed stocks just don’t do it for me, where’s the heroin stocks

Listen there's this reusable syringe manufacturer that's really been performing well lately and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
77.77 cmonnnn GME