Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Dipping my toes into the stock market game with $1,000. Put 50% of it on VUZI for a long play, 25% into CUK because old vaccinated people getting on those boats soon, and then a bit into VOE to see stable green on my watchlist and NOK for the memes and I was buying the dip. (edit: I got only $20 worth of NOK I'm not being serious)

dipwood fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I mean it was a bit lower right now than it was at open... I'm just trying to use your fancy stonk lingo sorry!!!

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I mostly only bought stocks that either have company buyout potential or recovery stocks that might come back during the summer, so I'm not as concerned about the short term dips... I'm not... it's cool...

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Any good recovery stocks to look into? Trying to just do a 'set and forget' and not become a terrible day trader. I got some AHT (as per poster here) and CUK (old people + vaccines = cruises coming back?).

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Kanthulhu posted:

AHT should still climb quite a bit, shouldn't it? Hopefully when everyone is vaccinated it should to back to it's pre-pandemic levels? It's still nowhere near those levels. Or am I wrong (again)?
I even looked at some charts!

I looked at various charts as well (AHT, CCL, CUK, RYCEY, etc) and all of them are less than half of their pre-pandemic levels. It doesn't mean they'll ever recover to that point, since some of them were on a downward trend even before the pandemic, but I'm willing to bet there's a lot of people who have been cooped up who will want to be more outgoing in the near future. I'm thinking restrictions will be lifted (both on govt level and business level) as early as this summer.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

VUZI running hot this week, got down to 18 but at 25 now. Good Q4 earnings, and a big order the other day. I'm like 33 @ 21.13 (was 25 @ 21.69 but i bought more shares at 18/19) and I think either they'll scale up or get bought out. This is a new peak though so it might oscillate back down.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

The entire market tumbled by the end of the day, would probably not draw any conclusions for any individual ETFs/stocks. (VUZI and AHT survived, so they may get a bump tomorrow)

Everything being down does actually make it a good time to come in though right? It would be different if just one thing was down.

(I'm not giving financial advice)

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Zerstorung posted:

My opinion is that it's a big media blitz to pump the price and allow their institutional investors to exercise warrants and cash out.

You are probably right about all this. Not sure how but I'll try to be cautious about this.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Zerstorung posted:

I figured this is how it would end. At least AMC is doing something to support their business.

VUZI got pumped by CNBC from $12-$28 all week (assisted by ARK/MOON buying about 10% of the company at an average cost basis of roughly 18).

After-close Friday they filed that they granted 5m shares worth of 19 strike call options to the CEO/CFO as a bonus, exercisable and salable immediately. Basically a ~$30-40m bonus depending on how fast they can dump it Monday.

I don't know how to read these filings, but is VUZI basically about to sell a bunch of stock to pay its leaders? It closed at 28.81 (28.48 after market) so maybe I'll just take my winnings and put in a $28 stop loss.

edit: Order Type: Stop Limit on TDA I assume.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

My next gambling moves are SENS, SNDL, and doubling down on AHT. Any reason this would be a bad idea? Besides the usual reasons?

Sad I missed the HOFV train, that was nuts.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

All my stocks are dying, and because I messed up and bought the wrong thing and immediately sold it, all my funds are tied up for (1? 2?) more days, so I can't even throw away what little gambling money I have left at all these cratering stocks.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Is there any good reason to get SNDL? This thread was half 'weed yo' and half 'they're just gonna keep diluting it'.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Cruise stonks are up after CDC said they could sail in the summer. So they're up like 3 months in advance.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Jokes aside, why the gently caress would you want your head tethered to your pockets? Wireless earbuds may be the greatest personal electronics invention of the last 5 decades.

Any recommendations for good wireless earbuds that have a thing that goes around your ear instead of shoving some garbage into your ear canal?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

I dont understand where that AHT run came from. They dont have any good news and probably wont for a while. It was nice to see some green though.

It probably just got too low and people are buying the dip. They're all holding it for the same reason we are, after all. I probably would've bought more under $2 if I hadn't already decided I hit my limit of gambling money.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I love stocks y'all

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

30% gain for AHT now. When it was below 2 I used my last 10 bux of liquidity to get 5 more shares, wish I had more.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

AHT continues its meteoric rise today, going from like 1.80-1.90 to 2.80 this week. I'm still actually down on it overall, but not as much as before.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

AHT up 20% already just today. It's now gone from 1.90 to 3.30 in under a week. Not sure what's going on but I'm not complaining, it's basically back to where it was when I bought it last month.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

AHT on the rise again, I still think it's too early by a month or two to think it's a trend, but the increased vaccination rates and various states deciding to open back up fully, for better or worse, could be contributing.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

AHT is doing great today. A great couple weeks of AHT chugging along

From $2 last month to $4 now, maybe the dividend will be back sooner than I thought, like before Summer even ends.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

If RYCEY returns to half its value pre-covid I'm putting in a pool.

Just killed all of my bullshit losses (SNDL) and a shitload of gains (AMC and BBW and VSTO) and now I have a ludicrous pure degenerate gambling portfolio of just $GOON, RYCEY, and AHT.

AHT and RYCEY (both of which I also have) are actually not that degen, there are fundamentals there. All the techbro/biotech stocks are degen, like SENS... I'll probably dump my SENS if nothing happens with it by the end of Summer.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

AHT up 22% today, Summer is here and the pool is open.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

SENS back up to its March highs. I was expecting to be disappointed in this stock forever as its price dwindles down to nothing, so it was a pleasant surprise.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

my SENS is green after 3 months of being red. I still think it will be a while before it goes up any further though, they're still doing trials or studies or whatever.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

AHT isn't a moon stock. It was an $80 stock that split 10 to 1 so its actual pre-pandemic value is $8 and it's almost there. It has a lot of debt too. at 3.10 it did even more stock diluting with a shares offering a couple months ago. Those of us who bought early thought it would go to around $8 by Summer and that's about it. There was some added value in the fact it used to give dividends and might again if it recovers more.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

This is just the 35million tomatoes all over again.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I'm actually considering averaging down my cost basis here. I'll have to see how low it goes but if it gets into 2.xx range I'm going in deeper. And, uh, making sure I end with a multiple of 10.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Remember that they did a 1:10 stock split originally, this is them trying to back to how things were. It's likely a dividend will be added at some point too. After the reverse split it can go back to its previous value of around $80. They made some good points about institutional lenders being unable to participate due to the price. This also solves the complaint of 'the stock is too diluted' or whatever. Also this is not financial advice and I don't know what I'm talking about. When I got in back in March, my cost basis was around 3.33.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Okay, after reading all the further analysis, I have decided I will continue holding this bag.

In unrelated news, anything good I gamble with on Tuesday... ?

dipwood fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 3, 2021

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Can someone just give me some new stocks to start bag holding for starting next week?

Paging @pmchem.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

thanks for coming to my ted finance talk

I'm in the same boat with CUK. It's basically CCL but it has a funny name. I was expecting cruises to come back by now (or at least the stocks) but with Delta variant and Europe's slow roll out, not sure how long it will take.

Or if it will even affect the stock at all.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I hope they consider to reverse split until I have 1 share left.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

ASPS exploded recently, I got in at ~8.50. I suspect it might be crashing back down to a more normal price, but I assume I correctly put a an order in as:

TD Ameritrade: Sell - Type: Stop Market - Act Price (less than current market price) ? Or should I be doing the same thing but with a Stop Limit?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Dumped all my trash stocks to buy SoFi on the cheap, and then it dropped another dollar. But I'm not planning on touching this again for several months so I guess it's a good long-term play? Some company gave it a $21 price target.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

It would've been nice if the market told me it was going to continue eating poo poo all week so I could've saved my buys for later.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 4, 2021

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Omne posted:

gently caress, y'all are in better shape than me. I've got shares of $GOON at $2.46 and $2.10

I bought in at exactly $1.00 for the meme of nice, whole numbers.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Looked at SoFi. Maybe I should just make a new account and pretend my current one doesn't exist to resist the urge to sell it. I wonder if the delayed earnings call was a portent for doom.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

SoFi is going to post record earnings in March and the stock will drop another 20%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

SoFi crushed estimates in earnings call.

Which means naturally it's time for the stock to tumble again.