Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This whole thing is nutters. On the bright side my wife has finally agreed to let me do a little trading with discretionary income instead of wasting away in a savings account.

Any good YouTube’s to explain some of this moon language like puts, options, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

I'm willing to not have beer + food delivered to me at a theater if it means I don't have to deal with staff delivering poo poo to people around me in a theater during a movie or people talking to their friends about what to order during a movie or drunk people being obnoxious during a movie. I can't be alone!

Food. Monorail.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So there I was crossing the mighty Mississippi River at StL westbound when what do my eyes appear?

A loving $GME billboard with that wall street bets cartoon guy under the St Louis Arch. Memes too close to home. Too close.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Aeka 2.0 posted:

doge swung up a whole 2 cents. whaoh.

I have 96 doge, that’s a good candy bars worth of value.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Whats everyone's thoughts on Novo Nordisk? They are seeking FDA Approval for an Obesity Treatment drug.

Is this another sit on and wait for approval, or is that already figured into the price?

I wouldn’t bet the house on the drug myself. They already have a few drugs from that drug class on market for weight loss and they haven’t rocked the world.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

have they tried marketing meth for weight loss? heroin worked good for purdue

Phentermine already exists as meth-adjacent for weight loss

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Never spoiler a doggo

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Stocks going on sale I’d say.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

142.30 on Friday close

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This is popcorn level entertainment. Who knows what twist will happen next?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

BurntCornMuffin posted:

They have a noninvasive liver imaging procedure for treating cirrhosis under review by the FDA

Treating? Thought it was diagnostic in nature?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

iSurrender posted:

I think it's because some people like to go a little wild with it and think any and all of these squeezes means the price will go up by 1000%+

Yeah, these models keep assuming nobody is selling and everyone is diamond hands.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

NDRA 200 at 2.39. Wish I could have foreseen red week and sub 2’s :saddowns:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I didn’t even know I could get Nintendo stock, this changes everything.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Red posted:

Volkswagen crossed $25.

Electric car good

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

honky dong posted:

I was looking at TLSA (Tiziana Life Sciences) b/c it looks like they're working on a monoclonal antibody COVID treatment that can be administered orally which would be a widely available and effective treatment. Been sitting steady at around $3.00 for a while. They have an options chain but I think it's because the stock split last year when it was above 7.50.

Covid treatments are a bad play IMO. Nobody needs MCA if they get a vaccine from what we can tell. The number for efficacy on these vaccines that matters is 100% severe illness reduction. AKA nobody with a vaccine should be on a vent/proned/etc.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Long term effects of vaccine: not sure, but 99.999% chance it's nothing.

Long term effects of COVID: lung damage, death, confusion, death, constant pain, death, shortness of breath, death, dick don't work, death, balls don't work, death, kidney failure, death, liver failure, death.

For effect

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

You are doing God's work

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Le0 posted:

When are you guys planning on selling NDRA?

Sold all my RH gambling account at 2.80, waiting on a dip to buy back. Holding my more serious Schwab account for long term I think. Hoping for a buyout or 🌙.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

AHT is trading around $3.50 and is a recovery stock that will hopefully be making a pretty solid move over the summer as things reopen. It also has options enabled. That might be a good one to consider. It also has a dividend which is a little extra kicker if you plan to hold onto it a while.

I am not showing them as paying a dividend. Are you talking historically?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Divot posted:

I don't expect VW's price to rocket as absurdly as TSLA but I do expect their sales performance this year / the coming years (along with all the other competition, Ford Mach-E seemed to put a major dent in Tesla's US market) to obliterate the notion that Tesla is going to be a market leader in EV sales.

I am a new VW customer and I am very impressed with my Tiguan. Great car at a great price.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bitcoins are bad for computer gamers too! drat GPU prices.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I need to do a Vanguard for my 2yo daughter instead of just savings deposit. Maybe even get a few DIS for good measure :3:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I absolutely despise higher education greed so I am wary of 529’s tax benefits or not. Hopefully my daughter is smart enough for a full ride or a bunch of scholarships and I’m just putting icing on cake for living expenses, books, travel abroad, etc.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

pmchem posted:

shame we didn't have anyone here who got in on lumber futures when they were cheap

https://twitter.com/Price_to_Value/status/1373432359446474757?s=20

I am currently building a bed for my kid. I had no idea how bad it got :saddowns:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

All of my bullishness for TSLA is for the drat roof panels. Those are a game changer if they can get market penetration and their margin is good enough, but with glass shortages I suspect margin will not be great.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lol, didn’t know they failed spectacularly. There goes any enthusiasm I had for TESLA. The big guys are gonna eat their breakfast when they pivot.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

IG-88 posted:

I got into this poo poo recently and I've never had stock during an earning's call. NDRA's is today. What sort of thing usually happens? Is it going to go the moon before the call and then crash right after? What's everyone's play look like here?

Probably, possibly, maybe, people will buy in on the earnings news and crash because they aren’t a profitable company yet. Looking forward to our SA meme stock being on sale again :)

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 25, 2021

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1376592573083570189

On the one hand: Whatever makes number go up
On the other hand: I like the name Volkswagen :smith:

This is dumb as poo poo because in 30 years it will be a lovely tongue in cheek name when every new car is electric.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

nwin posted:

Maybe a stupid question, but why is everyone buying houses all of a sudden?

RIch people and mortgage interest rates real low if you have good credit: 15 year you can squeak under 2%, 30 year ~ 2.25%

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I want to own a rickroll NFT and somehow hack all other NFT’s to link to it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Back on the NDRA dip. This is a fun ride.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

Dogecoin boys!!!!

Lol, I’m up 50 bucks on a 10 bucks investment 😎

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

yummycheese posted:

...there was bitcoin atm’s and signs in shops saying they accept bitcoin. haven’t seen one of those in a year or more.

The more valuable a crypto becomes, the less useful it is for everyday use. Something like Dogecoin is easier to parse. This sandwich costs 35Doge vs 0.00000001 BTC.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I traded my free RH stocks for doge :masterstroke:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Every doge has its day.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I expect a red week myself. :shrug:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Inflation and tech overvaluation are scaring me some, but nevertheless he persisted.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Wait, the CDC caused the moratorium? I thought it was higher level of govt than that. The hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cyber Sandwich posted:

Edit: I just realized how hungover wallstreet is. I forgot to get drunk last night.

Algorithm not drunk 🥴