Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Residency Evil posted:

lol even I loving bought in at 90 this morning.

I bought (a piddling amount) at 95 yesterday before the first peak and was a little bit worried but now I feel pretty comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
As someone who knows nothing about anything Im betting the GME train will keep going full steam all week. After that I have even less of a no idea.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

iSurrender posted:

I bought (a piddling amount) at $95 yesterday before the first peak and was a little bit worried but now I feel pretty comfortable.

Sold ~30% of what I had at $379, so now Im in the green no matter what happens, while still aboard the rocket with the remaining part.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

cr0y posted:

NOK halted on news pending 😬😬😬

I bought a little bit of NOK at $4.9 and while I doubt it will go to the moon, I'd estimate its floor to be at worst $4.3, Multiple European banks had buy recommendations when it was at €3.3 ($4.025).

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Yeah, but how many of those have > $25 in their portfolio?

Ahh that's the catch! So if I had $30k then I can only day trade with $5k indefinitely? That makes much more sense!

I mean normal stocks not meme stocks lol

No, the catch is you dont know if the stocks you buy/sell are going to go up or down.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

melon cat posted:

Likely due to dangerous levels of echo-chamber chaos with naysayers getting shouted down and shamed as "astroturfing bots" (although to be fair some of that IS happening). People only upvoting comments they want to be true or because it fits their worldview.

Like all goldrush scenarios this situation will result in a handful of winners but an even larger group of bagholding losers.

If the reddit horde is wrong about how the real squeeze hasnt happened yet why arent other big shareholders selling at this amazing price?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Every purchase involves someone else selling at the amazing price

No poo poo, but if big players wanted to lock in their profits the price should be tanking due to increased supply.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Quote me to mock me tomorrow of course, but this is the top of this bullshit and it's time to get out.

GME is never touching $400

I'll mock you now, and then you can mock me tomorrow if it turns out you were right!

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Kraftwerk posted:

Feeling stupid for cashing out of NAKD so soon.

Yeah $NAKD has taken off after hours.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Baddog posted:

Everyone else is also pretty drat sure gme is not going to be worth much very soon, so it's really hard to make a reasonable bet on it.

I almost sold feb 10s for 80 cents. Thats betting that it wouldn't go back to single digits in three weeks. Probably about the most solid bet you can make, it's just not sexy.

If you think betting on when something is coming back down is safe have a look at Signal Advance.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

cr0y posted:

So can calls drop below intrinsic value? 🤔

No, but just to be clear the intrinsic value can be 0.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
GME is up €40 since opening on the German market. (Trading as GS2C)

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Hoping for 4208008.69

Next up are $694.20, $800.85, and $1337

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

flashman posted:

Tbh I wish every "normie" in America would buy a single share and hold it until the end of time

There are only ~70M shares total though. (And it's not only Americans buying.)

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

You also will never get close to the amount of people hopping on one train again. There might be bumps up as people try but you can’t force something to go viral.

What if Im Elon Musk?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Meme stocks have broken my brain, I was up 7% on the day on what was supposed to be a day trade and I didn't pull the trigger because "oh, let's wait to see if it goes a little nuts" and of course now it's back down.

On the German Market Gamestop has gone from €260 -> €420 -> €215 -> €375 -> €210. Today.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
I made a watchlist of meme stocks and the only one currently up is NAKD

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Im very glad to be a part of this ride, and also to not have any money I cant afford to lose aboard.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Palmtree Panic posted:

The peak this morning for GME was $469.42(0), lol

Peak meme stock

The peak on the German market was €419.90

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

jokes posted:

They want to lose money so bad.

I can’t believe people actively bought this poo poo, but at this point it’s like a populist protest. It’s absurd.

I too cannot believe people are buying a stock which just went from $125 to $240 - have they no sense?!

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

this but non-ironically. you're supposed to buy before it goes up drastically, not after

Yeah that's what a lot of people said when $GME was at $20, $60, $90...

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Margin Call is a pretty terrific movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhy7JUinlu0&t=1s

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

jokes posted:

BB is up 9%
NOK is up 4%
GME is up 40%
AMC is up 27%

These people want to lose money very badly and now that those precious hedge funds have gracefully exited or whatever the plan was today, they can do so!

Pump and dumps are so dumb. they WANT TO LOSE MONEY!

Anyone who bought NOK under $5 is gonna be fine long term. Multiple major EU banks were recommending buy back at ~€3.5 ($4.25) before the reddit hype.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
My favourite thing to come out of this so far is this:

Some Redditor posted:

"I hate this CNBC dude. Just want to shove my 1/2 eaten crayons up his nose."

And that's despite me roughly doubling the money in my stonk account.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Looks like GS2C are up almost €100 in pre-market, since closing.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm embarrassed to ask but what are the spacs people keep talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special-purpose_acquisition_company

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

cr0y posted:

I can't believe people are still actively buying this poo poo.

Id like to know from the people who think this what the case is for there not being a squeeze to come.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

smoobles posted:

gently caress it I'm in GME at $330, 1 share

I made €110 buying and selling 1 share on the German market.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Rabble posted:

It's going to end the way it always ends. A couple people are going to strike it big and the rest are going to be left holding the bag.

Can someone please explain why this is the same as every other bubble despite the massive short% and ITM calls?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

naughty joystick posted:

I wonder how much profit you can make day trading a single share of GME before the market close (like an even shittier swap.avi):shrek:

On the German market yesterday you could have made €400 per share in 3 buys + 3 sells if you timed it close to the extremes.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

quote:

Shorts dont expire.

Ok, but what about all the calls expiring today?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

How does a company like robinhood go bankrupt? If I wanted to buy say $1000 of a stock through robinhood, then I need to give them $1000 of my dollars. What do they do with that $1000 that makes it possible to go bankrupt?

Well, you buying $1000 of a stock through them didnt give them any money directly,
so if that was all they did they'd bleed out just on normal operating expenses that any business has.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Nokia and AMC were just Redditors ironically investing in dying companies, Bed, Bath, and Beyond spawned off people "Accidentally" buying it instead of BB.

A few days ago when Nokia were sitting at €3.3-€3.5 there were buy recommendations from multiple major European Banks.
Huawei getting shut out of a bunch of 5G markets means Nokia is gonna secure a (potentially much) bigger market share in 5G infrastructure than they otherwise would have.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Isnt ericsson kicking their rear end at 5g towers tho

Disclosure:
1) I develop Ericsson products (AMF, not radio).
2) I own shares in Nokia.

As far as Im aware Ericsson are currently a lot more profitable than Nokia, and I believe "we" will almost certainly have greater marketshare for 5G both in Radio and Core pretty much all over the world.
However, I absolutely believe the market is big enough that Huawei getting shut out of markets will still mean significant growth for Nokia. This is of course speculation on my part.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

smackfu posted:

Wasn’t the AOC / Cruz thing about RH stopping people from buying GME, and that turned out not to be something RH had a choice about? Not sure what there is to legislate there.

Considering the difference in info RH put out compared to the supposed real explanation, and the fact that RH still let you buy 100s of shares if by buying ITM calls Im gonna go with "RH are full of poo poo".

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

von Vicious posted:

(Its time to go all in on WWE stocks)

Up 55% in the last 3 months.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

smoobles posted:

GME go down

GME go up

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Unless people start buying in, and it trends back up (hard to do when places are limiting buy-ins) I'm pretty convinced it's just gonna get worse from here. Feels like a dead cat bounce right now.

OTOH it tanked to ~$120 on thursday and then climbed back to atleast $380 after that.

Though "Unless people start buying in, and it trends back up /.../ it's just gonna get worse from here." is a bit of a tautology.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

If GME hits $200 im pulling the plug and rolling it into AMC or back into weed stocks again.

If you intend to sell on the way down why wait for $200?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

djfooboo posted:

This whole thing is nutters. On the bright side my wife has finally agreed to let me do a little trading with discretionary income instead of wasting away in a savings account.

Any good YouTube’s to explain some of this moon language like puts, options, etc?

Not a youtube but Investopedia's got you covered https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/option.asp