Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The Butcher posted:

Weedstocks down ~5% on news legalization pushed back to likely late summer, worst case sometime in the fall.

I don't think that matters at all big picture, this poo poo is still absolutely happening.

Good entry point today on this news I think. I'm sticking with the ETFs for the long ride as the individual stocks are too unpredictable.

Added more HMMJ at 18.16.

I am thinking about putting some money I can afford to lose into this coming weed nirvana. From my research so far it looks like HMMJ is a good place to put that money.

Anyone else have any opinions on the matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

HMMJ.TO and WEED.TO are the default recommendations. There's also a new one one, SEED.TO. but if you're in the US and don't want to buy OTC you can pick up MJ

Follow-up question. I currently have a Vanguard account for my retirement accounts, it looks like you can trade OTC via a phone call to them and it's something like $25 per trade. Since my gameplan would be to buy whatever I settle on and them hold for a few years at least prior to selling would this be my best bet?

Any recommended OTC trading platforms that are going to take someone looking to be around $1000 starting out with like 1 trade a year or less volume?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Dr. Eldarion posted:

They definitely use LIDAR, that was the entire point behind the big Google lawsuit. This seems like something that LIDAR should have easily caught - essentially a bicyclist in the middle of a completely empty road.

It's been obvious for a while that Uber has been trying to shortcut their way into releasing first, and this is the sad result of that. Given the data, I wouldn't get in anything other than a Waymo ATM.

Yeah how the gently caress can LIDAR not see further than a vehicles non-high beamed headlights? I'd love to see the LIDAR "view" and I'd also love to see Google's internal chat right now as they discuss how badly Uber appears to be loving up.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

crazypeltast52 posted:

IIPR! Still down YTD, but that’s not a bad day.

I'm up from when I bought in! (not that it really matters since I plan on holding long term as this is more of a dice roll for me)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Please tank AMZN shares Missah Trump so I can buy low sell high etc

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Recommend me some cheap/penny stocks to buy on fidelity with this stupid amount of $38 I'm looking for big return or bust so I can either make the $5 commission worthwhile or lose it and not have it sitting there laughing at me.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

greasyhands posted:

Dude get a Robinhood account, or have you already wiped out an account and are trying to figure out how to burn the last $38?

Already have a robinhood account. I guess I could withdraw this amount from Fidelity and transfer to my RH account?

I have other money in Fidelity but it's sitting for the long haul.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Debating selling my small number of MJ shares to fund buying more IIPR but I'm also like holy gently caress can IIPR keep going up like this?

Really just shouting into the void with this as it doesn't matter it's gambling money but any researched thoughts welcome.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

cowofwar posted:

All season tires are for all seasons in Florida not anywhere that gets snow. If it gets below 4C and/or snow you need to be swapping on winter tires.

This is false no need to go hyperbole in the opposite direction. I have run a variety of good all seasons in TN winter's with zero problems (plenty of days or mornings below 4C and a handful of days with snow on the ground) for probably 15 years plus on ambulances which definitely didn't have winter tires and I've had zero problems getting around because I know how to drive.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

lol this guy
https://twitter.com/AntonTheDev/status/1072993619777388544

next time someone asks about robinhood post this pic:

I don't trade options, can someone explain this to me?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thanks for the solid info post.

One further question what is this Anton guy referring to, "Here is what I assume happened. Their finances went under just as they had auto fill on options @ the price iin their system.. their huge loss stopped trading, then they reversed all the options hey didn’t want to fill for loss..."?

Is/Was Robinhood somehow going to be on the hook financially by filling the option trades? I thought they were just a clearing house and weren't financially tied to the orders placed by their members?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mattis leaving probably won't help the market open tomorrow I'd wager. (not changing any of my holdings)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm looking forward to dumping money into my SEP IRA before end of year. Was waiting anyway really but a market selloff is a good time to get in for the long haul.

Anyone know how much volume of Amazon freight FedEx carried? I thought UPS did the vast majority of the plane stuff.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ulio posted:

Red to green again or we finally gonna get some real bearish action with an earning season selloff?

Weed is up so obviously we goin' green baby.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Traded my 10 MJ shares for 7 CGC shares. Down 6% on MJ for the ~year I've held them. Debated just buying more IIPR since it's been absolute fire for me (105% total return) but look at me being all fancy and 2 marijuana stock diversifying my play money.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

greasyhands posted:

Im not calling anyone smart or dumb on the whole, I'm saying people that die with a shitload of money and are nice enough to leave boatloads to their family are *smart about money* and the least some prep school smartass like yourself could do is respect that instead of acting like they had no idea what they were doing! jesus hhhhhhhhhhh

Here's a hint, locking someone's inheritance into a small handful of specific stocks for 40+ years instead of a broad market index, is actually dumb. Otherwise we'd all be investing our retirement in ~5 blue-chip stocks and not touching it for decades.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

paternity suitor posted:

That wasn't an option for a long time. Index investing wasn't created until 1976, and the first ETF wasn't until 1993.

Fair point.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Girbot posted:

I'm willing to gamble with 125% of the previous days gains for a bit and play around with increasing stop limits until it triggers. But yeah—definitely not researched strategy on my part.

Hit all time high today (No pun intended).

I just looked and it's roughly doubled since September. I'm still in, did you get out?

edit: IIPR

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 25, 2019

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Lote posted:

So this stock got listed on Nasdaq small/micro cap so I feel better talking about it.

This micro cap pick $DYAI is killing it right now. It’s a biotech stock that’s coming up with a way to improve yields on biologics for pharmaceuticals. Has like $1.50 worth of stock as cash on hand and when it was OTC it was trading at less than it’s cash position. It just got listed and no one is selling. Low volumes but the 40-50k share buy orders for mutual funds / ETFs will push the stock up 10% a pop right now. Volumes only 50k a day too. :toot:

Had some leftover dividends from some weeds that I threw into 9 (lol) shares of DYAI @ 4.23 average cost. Time for some big money no whammies.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Agronox posted:

There was a great quote from the CEO of Sun Microsystems about his company’s share price during the dot com bubble:

BYND, btw, is trading at over 50x annual revenues.

Is "50x annual revenues" the same as a P/E ratio of 50?

BYND insanity makes me intrigued about an Impossible Burger IPO and gambling some on that if/when it happens.

Currently still riding IIPR at 263% total return and picked up some FAST last week for a slower positive (hopefully) rise upwards. Sitting on CGC at -0.2%, HMLSF at -10%, debating bailing on one or both to get into something else.

On HMLSF I was thinking maybe it's worth sticking in it till Canada is at one year post-legalization which would be October. Any thoughts?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Serendipitaet posted:

Er.. no! Price to earnings implies that there are positive earnings. Read the quote about Sun in the post you quoted again.

The p/e chart for BYND is a sight to behold.

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bynd/pe-ratio

haha oh poo poo that is insane now that I'm actually grasping it

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Obviously just get your brother or mom to open an account.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

java posted:

FB is climbing on news about crypto-currency and this is really making me want to short the gently caress out of it.

If FB is able to pay any percentage of their employees with Monopoly money then I guess their costs would go down. But also gently caress that stupid poo poo.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Does Robinhood sell stocks from oldest to newest if you execute a partial sell order?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Well I got out of IIPR for $123 per, left 1 share unsold since it has 4 more days to hit one year. My average cost was $25, just wish I'd bought more than 5 total shares as a little baby gambler over here.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

CNBC has someone at the Citadel post on the NYSE floor. Current range is 30-34 so it’ll be a while before it narrows to a 0.50 range which is probably when they’ll open it from what I remember of the Alibaba IPO.

Can someone explain to me how it has a price range if no actual trading is happening? Or is trading happening for the connected elite out there?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ulio posted:

Got in at slack around 38ish and didn't sell when it spiked at $42,. I am so greedy. Don't know market seems to be doing a little bounce right now, I feel like holding till the close or selling near then.

When WORK is priced at $100 a week from now I'll regret it but currently I'm not buying. Wanted to get in around 30 but lol.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm one arm posting with a sick toddler sleeping in my other arm but I guarantee you Sanders has a plan for college tuition that doesn't involve continued inflation of whatever insane percentage it has been the past few decades.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Outstanding performance by CRTX today

But I can't help fearing that weak hands will shake loose here. This isn't a "double your money" stock; this is Go For BUCKETS

What's your case for buying this stock today (if any)?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I got out of HMLSF just yesterday, I don't think it's going to move significantly anytime soon. IIPR has been hanging between 120-130s since I got out of it, probably could be played a bit on the swings for the adventurous type. Currently I'm sitting it out.

Bought some CAR and MSFT (edit: haven't bought MSFT yet, but I do have an order in) to park my money while I decide what else to gamble on. Also holding some UNFI and FAST but I think I might leave FAST here soon.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

Bought the BYND dip mid-morning and made some quick money. I love fake meat.

June 6 thru till now is just crazy as gently caress. Even if I had decided to buy at "the peak" of the rise to ~$170 before it dropped off I'd still be up as of today. I think I'm going to stay out of it though, too crazy for me.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

Guys, I think I might be the fake meat whisperer. I have had an uncanny string of success with BYND options. :stare: I am, of course, keeping my bets (relatively) small with this crazy stock.

are you going to hold any positions on it over the weekend into earnings?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Scarodactyl posted:

Just finally tried an impossible burger, and I thought it was maybe 1/3-1/2 as good as beyond. It'll be interesting to see how they do when they go public.

Interesting because I've heard a lot of people say the Impossible burger is the better of the two. I've not had it yet, just had the beyond, so still waiting to see for myself.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I bought some more. It'll go up when my Aliexpress package arrives (in a few months, maybe never)

I put in an order for some more but it stopped going down so hasn't hit my buy point yet.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm down 25% on CAR but I think I'm going to ride it out, pun not intended. I don't see any valid reason for the drop?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

UBER is finding new and interesting ways of burning another 2 billion dollars as a logistics company now.

Pretty sure the big way is the same as their taxi beating price. Underbid the market (trucking companies and 3PLs) and then pay the indy truckers more than they are getting per mile to capture market share and ~data~.

But also you probably know this but well I typed it now.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

Yeah, grab market share with no plan on creating efficiencies sounds like a really great idea. Amazon grabbed market share at a loss but built infrastructure to support the back end. Uber just is allergic to money.

I didn't meant to come across as thinking it's a good idea or that UBER is worth buying.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ah I didn't even think you were an rear end in a top hat I just didn't want people to think I liked UBER :v:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

Pretty shocking that markets aren't doing worse than they are. Maybe they expect the House Dems to be feckless?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/trump-asked-ukraine-president-if-you-can-look-into-biden-and-his-son-in-phone-call.html

Is your concern markets should be going down as they price in possible impeachment? Because maybe in the past it could have made sense but I can't think any stock trader believes Trump remaining president is particularly a good thing for the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Woodchip posted:

Unfi on sale again.

Hindsight being what it is I had a thought about selling pre-earnings and now I wish I did so I could buy the dip but who wouldn't wish that. Funny part is half the reason I didn't really consider it was because the robinhood app had logged me out and I didn't feel like firing up my PW manager to log back in :v: