Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hey guys, turns out there are goons in on this action! I managed to get out literally at the top of 20 Euro on my first bunch of blackberry, now I got in at the bottom while it rips again. I'm having a blast with this.

(sadly I'm playing with only a couple hunnos as I'm not comfy gambling larger amounts, but it's something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

vote_no posted:

I had a thought along these lines, as I'm doing the same. As I get more financially stable, the amount that I think is a lot of money shifts. I'm up $42 on my $100 investment from couple days ago. If I was making like $100k I would be up $420 on a $1000 investment, but $420 wouldn't seem like as much. If I was making $1M I assume I'd be up $4,200 but that wouldn't seem like that much either.

So like, I'll always think "oh man if I had more money to invest I'd be doing so much better!" But, really, it'd feel exactly the same.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself to remain happy about only putting in $100 :)

I've put more money in that Im comfortable in once or twice and I lost money in stupid ways by panicking when it lost too much value . I've found out the hard way that the only way I can actually be successful with this is to play with money that I don't care about too much. It's one of the basics of trading or investing but it's something I had to learn by myself to believe it.

In any case playing with this at this point is a fun hobby and nothing more, and that's fine.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Henry Scorpio posted:

This situation is pretty hilarious, but how is this not a pump and dump scheme that the SEC will prosecute? I suppose intent matters, and maybe if it is for LOLs / to destroy hedges it doesn't count?

It's a short squeeze in gmes case. The sec is absolutely gonna look very hard at wsb for all the other meme stocks but gme is a unique situation in which a bunch of random people on reddit saw an opening to win big.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

As far as I can see gme is the only one with a legit short squeeze going on, the term has been repeated by a bunch of people who don't know what is actually means. The rest of the stocks are just bitcoining, lots of people with no plan or knowledge getting in which raises the price *he said with a sneer, sitting smug on his 1000 dollar loss over the last years. *

Honest warning, if you're putting in any amount of money that you can't just literally burn right now don't do it. This is purely gambling. If you like that go ahead, but don't use rent money or anything.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

420.69 is going to be a big sell off if it ever reaches that. Not even kidding.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Relevant Tangent posted:

well yes, that's why you sell at 420.68

Do you have a investors guidance program I can subscribe to???

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

We have reached shoeshine level. This is gonna go way down soon and leave a lot of bag holders.

I'll give all th newbies a piece of advice from losing a bunch of money on these kind of trending meme stocks: the best way to get into this now is to buy yourself a pair of furry house shoes, a nice whisky, some good weed and to watch it from the sidelines.

Unless you literally have money you had earmarked for wiping your rear end with.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh my God every single time I think about how this has to be the top it just goes higher. This thing will reach 1000 dollar out of pure spite for the concept of reasonability at this point

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Joink posted:

A stock is never to high to go long, and never to low to go short.

That moment where every short thinks "this CANT possibly go any higher". THAT is where some the BEST squeezes happen. Not my own quote but in my day trading notes. Applies to GME these days.

Very good quote, and something I wish I'd have know earlier. I've lost most of my losses by trying to time the top and getting puts. Almost never worked out.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

GABA ghoul posted:

All the RH clone brokers here in Germany are down or have up to an hour long delays on orders. It's the apocalypse :allears:

And I can't stop laughing about all of this. Weaponized autism indeed, they don't teach this poo poo at shool

I've been using trade Republik, seems to be working fine so far.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh so that's why i suddenly went down 25 percent, holy poo poo those dicks

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Terebus posted:

I think thats just the switch from outside hours trading to market trading.

No I use an app on the german market, it's never done this before. Adding insult to injury my panic sell order that I canceled immediately went through anyway after 5 minutes so now I'm down for good. gently caress. Glad I'm just playing with peanuts, if I had any serious money in this I'd be in shock.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just found out that my EU trading app (Trade Republic) has also halted buys of all the meme stocks. Went to leave a 1 Star review and it's already at 1.1 star lmfao. What a shitshow, this is going to have consequences and might actually ripple into another occupy wall street, mark my word. This is bigger than just some random stock fuckery.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm embarrassed to ask but what are the spacs people keep talking about?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm out of this thing, bought an apple stock and some calls. Seems like a better investment at this point.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm playing battlefront 2 right now and the only chat text in an entire game is

SmallHitBoxer: buy amc
SmallHitBoxer: la

Amazing

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Yudo posted:

I, for one, have shifted my entire investment portfolio into 5.56 and 9mm ammunition.

Again, the serious investing and retirement thread is that a way

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

smackfu posted:

Is there any AMC hype outside of WSB though? GME is all over the news.

I've postes this before, but I was playing battlefront 2 which has very little hat activity, and the only comment in 2 games was a "buy amc". I'm pretty sure amc is significantly hyped right now.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

What I got out of this is that over the last few years I learned a lot about my personal risk tolerance, the stock market in general, how to avoid fomoing and panic selling and that I will never engage with this outside of gambling money.

Lost 35 bucks on bb during the buy stop whoh I feel Was not in my control. I also technically gained 15 bucks because I was down that much before the frenzy due to buying Tesla puts. Which I still think will turn out fine at some point, but my time frame was too small and the continuous value loss ticker was getting to me.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I had good timing on some spy calls and sold those at 17% profit, now I bought a second apple stock while watching wsb work themselves into a frenzy. That's right, you're posting with a two share apple owner, and I don't even own an apple product.

Anyway I kinda kramered into this thread along other people energized about the GME thing, if my kind of small stuff trading is welcome here I'd like to continue posting in the future, as wsb is gonna take a while to go back where it was and I never even knew we had a thread for this.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

a friend in need posted:

What price realistically is GameStop going to settle at? It was like $4 before it surged up, is that a likely return to normality or will it end up higher?

I'm guessing at around 30 for a while, it was at that level for a few weeks before it really jumped off, and there's so many wsb idiots who will not let go because it's all they have left.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh my, the aapl 135 calls I bought yesterday turned out to be good timing! I was wondering when Apple would pop off after the good earnings and subsequent dump, but has there been any actual news? Can't find anything.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tim Apple noo you were doing so well. I've got a few calls that keep being just slightly in the red since the decay is the same rate as the stock rise. At this point I just want out.

Also the wsb and gme stuff is literally bonkers now. It's not even funny to watch anymore, it's somehow even dumber than bitcoin in the 2017 bubble. The behind the scenes mod drama is just icing on the cake, appearantly the current mods are trying to make money on the movie rights, demodded half the good mods (?) and are shadowbanning and removing a lot of posts.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Aruan posted:

my experience posting some gains on wsb

lots of upvotes

several messages from people saying they have 10k to invest and want me, a complete stranger, to tell them what to do

an equal mix of messages saying good job and calling me a hedge fund paid shill keeping GME down

what a time to be alive

WSB is a cesspool now, come to wallstreetbetsogs, it's where a lot of the former members ended up to escape the apes.

The running joke there is to inverse wsb now because only the idiots and new members without a clue are left. Unsurprisingly it mostly works out great.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Thinking Friday will propably continue being a sell off. There's no good news on the horizon and many retail investors are jacked to the gills with stock and options they can't really afford to lose. Anybody have an alternative theory? I see this calming down next week at the earliest, stabilising and going up near the end maybe.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I mean, it is disruptive in that it is not providing a clear benefit to most cases but every manager who thinks he's on the pulse of cutting edge technology wants in on it. Remember when that one company renamed themselves into something something blockchain, and their stock tripped during the last bitcoin bubble?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ola posted:

I believe we're in a huge speculative bubble, people in their teens and early 20s have been getting into stocks via Tiktok and margin. It's 20% down from here to the pre-Covid peak. That says something. This thread made fun of how Robinhoods would get wiped out last summer. Then the market stayed irrational so long it all started seeming normal. The effect of the virus on the stocks seems to mostly be that idle pocket money picked up a bunch of leverage and bought stocks and bitcoin. That needs to come out, one way or another, it's just the law of gravity.

It's obviously impossible to predict how much and when, so I might as well do it:

QQQ closed at 304, just touching the Sep peaks. I think in the short term, next week or two, we'll go down to the bottom of those Sep and Nov dips, 260-270. At some point before end of June we'll touch 200, which is mid-way down the Covid crash. After that, the crust of the Earth will tear open and swarms of lava bees emerge. Or markets will start going back up again.

Tell me more about those lava bees, I'm listening.

But yeah this has really reached shoeshine levels, I've heard people talking about stocks that barely knew what an index was until a month or two ago, from very random directions. It is quite funny in a way that this is happening exactly one year after the last one, I could actually see this becoming some kind of superstitious march thing in the next few years.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sp500 just absolutely drilling, smashing through every 10 point resistance. My puts are doing fine but this is bonkers.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Everything is going to be worth billions. Hyperinflation is back on the menu, it's back baby *wolf howl*

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Why not go for 840 for that smooth double 420,can't go wrong with that.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Baddog posted:

Traditionally you get walked up the levels over a period of years, at least. Etrade still doesn't want to give me level 4 (naked calls). I dunno how much experience/cash they require for that, but it must be a lot.

Lol I just registered on tasty works and they gave me full access after clicking that I'm knowledgeable on a multiple choice questionnaire. I'm not touching naked calls with a 10m pole, but still.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I've been tempted to buy doge coin for years now, solely because I love the meme. The effort of setting up an account anywhere its traded was always a hassle. Ah well. Congrats in any case!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

jeeves posted:

You don't want to buy it when its this high.

There are about to be so many bagholders.

Oh no I'm not touching this, it's just hilarious to me that the one crypto I was interested in getting into again was this one. At least I had some bnb coin dregs that I sold for 2500% 3 dollars to 103, was a pleasant surprise.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Crypto has gotten a bad reputation for being a money laundering scheme, a way for people to exchange their dirty money. We say "no more" to that, and are proud to announce TideCoin for the cleanest investment possible.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

This stuff happens regularity and it's always new fools who get blindsided, it's kind of funny. Something gets hyped, the early adapters get rich, mainstream gets in which means the top is in, then everything collapses along with robinhood. Then a few years months weeks later the same things happens with some other instrument. Anyway I'm all in on condom futures to prepare for horny summer.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Spy puts, tesla puts, plug stock all green for today, a good end to a stressful day.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm so sorry, i should have warned y'all i bought calls today :cry:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bought a handful of stock of humanigen HGEN. The wsbog sub currently has a good DD post on it, main takeaway is that it's a short time away from approval for a covid treatment that industry experts are bullish on. It's currently around 17 dollars and the price target is around the mid 35.

Link if anyone's interested

I know next to nothing about any of it but the post sound promising

Apart from that I'm currently betting on a slight correction, the market has been dumping around the same level for a while and there doesn't seem to be that much momentum anymore. I have lost copious amounts of money on puts though so I'm likely wrong again!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

John F Bennett posted:

A very green day today. The only way is up.

I've had the first few green weeks in a while after finally just going the "buy call Options on Indizes after every dip", it's kinda weird how most markets just hovers in a 2 to 3 percent range currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Le0 posted:

drat I should have bought HGEN!!

Appearantly they got a marketing authorization for covid treatment in the UK, which triggered the jump. It's not the full eua approval yet, so I'm hoping for another huge spike. Pretty glad I stick with this one for sure!