Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
photo used to illustrate the article about the saying "turtles all the way down":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Antivehicular posted:

Apparently it's actually a description of "Dare to Be Stupid," Weird Al's Devo style parody, so the direct Devo refs are kind of interesting? It's got a bad case of that Wikipedia style where even interesting facts become deadly dull, though.

ah ok that makes more sense but yeah its very wiki style

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ScienceSeagull posted:

Alchemists experimented with sperm too, among other animal and human bodily products. Here's how to make a homunculus according to Paracelsus!

oh that's what was going on in that picture.
you know the one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"Rob Van Winkle" redirects here. For the short story, see Rip Van Winkle.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Limp Bizkit also recorded their own version for the film,[33] though Powerman 5000's cover was used instead, in both the film and on the soundtrack.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Limp Bizkit also recorded their own version for the film,[33] though Powerman 5000's cover was used instead, in both the film and on the soundtrack.

hahaha owned

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was the highway.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

above the entrance is a 4.50-meter (15 foot)-high lion who occasionally drinks from his beer. This is overshadowed by yet another tower where an even larger drinking lion sits.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

This approval of IND for an anti-IgE antibody for the first time was regarded a brave demonstration of professionalism for both the FDA officials and the Tanox/Ciba-Geigy team. The scientists participating in the pre-IND discussion comprehended that an ordinary anti-IgE antibody (i.e., one without the set of the binding specificity of CGP51901) would invariably activate mast cells and basophils and cause anaphylactic shocks and probably deaths among injected persons. Notwithstanding this concern, they came to the same view that based on the presented scientific data, CGP51901 should have an absolutely required clean distinction from an ordinary anti-IgE antibody in this regard.[

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Scarodactyl posted:

This approval of IND for an anti-IgE antibody for the first time was regarded a brave demonstration of professionalism for both the FDA officials and the Tanox/Ciba-Geigy team. The scientists participating in the pre-IND discussion comprehended that an ordinary anti-IgE antibody (i.e., one without the set of the binding specificity of CGP51901) would invariably activate mast cells and basophils and cause anaphylactic shocks and probably deaths among injected persons. Notwithstanding this concern, they came to the same view that based on the presented scientific data, CGP51901 should have an absolutely required clean distinction from an ordinary anti-IgE antibody in this regard.[

lmao

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
During the night, one Holloway son attempts incest with his mother. Several murders take place. According to reviewers, a mummified paraplegic (most likely Sidney) rises from his wheelchair to kick a man dressed as a moose in the crotch.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The French writer René Daumal intoxicated himself by inhalation of carbon tetrachloride which he used to kill the beetles he collected, to "encounter other worlds" by voluntarily plunging himself into intoxications close to comatose states.[77]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Fully grown, he was less than 5 ft 0 in (1.52 m) in height, and later was nicknamed "Millimetternich", a portmanteau of Millimeter (German for millimetre) and Klemens von Metternich.[6][7]

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Pakled posted:

Fully grown, he was less than 5 ft 0 in (1.52 m) in height, and later was nicknamed "Millimetternich", a portmanteau of Millimeter (German for millimetre) and Klemens von Metternich.[6][7]

god how many sick two-cite burns are there on wp love it big fan

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Junior Mints are a candy brand consisting of small rounds of mint filling inside a semi-sweet chocolate coating, with a dimple on one side. The mints are produced by Tootsie Roll Industries, and packaged in varying amounts from the so-called 'fun-size box' to the much larger 12 oz. box.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Only the pro tier boxes of mints for me :hmmyes:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tag that as original research

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

i'm glad someone has the guts to say it :colbert:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

A donation box is usually placed near a votive candle rack in order that Christians lighting the votive candles can help defray the cost of votive candles

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The Broadway production began previews on November 26, 1973. Within days, it was obvious to everyone involved that it was beyond repair. On December 1, a small notice in the local newspapers announced the show would be closing that night, prior to its official opening.

The demand for tickets was immediate. Theatre buffs who revel in the calamitous as much as the classical were determined to see what was destined to go down in the Broadway annals as one of the all-time biggest flops. When the curtain went up that night, the cast was facing a sold-out house. Frank Rich of the New York Times noted that the musical had a small hardcore group of fans who had followed its evolution from the beginning and already had seen it several times: "In scattered pockets throughout the otherwise shell-shocked house were claques of theatergoers who sang along with the musical numbers and gave mini-standing ovations at the end of most of them."[1]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Since the mid 500's BC, the Icarian snack known as "Jujufruits" have been the traditional cinema snack of theater goers without interruption through the premier of Dune 2 in the year 2024.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

He was often mistaken for being Jewish due to his surname and direction of Fiddler on the Roof,

Norman Jewison

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Andy Summers, however, was critical of Sting's overacting in the video: "I never much liked the idea for "Wrapped Around Your Finger." No, I was kind of pissed off about that one. I've never been much of a fan of that song, actually. Sting got to shoot his part last in that video and made a meal of knocking all the candles out. gently caress him." — Andy Summers, I Want My MTV[5][3]

In a promotional video tied in with the release of The Muppets Take Manhattan, "I'm Gonna Always Love You" from the movie featured lead vocals by Miss Piggy and had her imitating parts of the "candle labyrinth" from the Police video.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Parkan is a series of video games that combine space flight and trade simulation with first-person shooter style game play. Namely it allows players to board ships.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Dolby Digital (also called AC-3) and DTS, which are now common on DVD releases, first became available on LaserDisc, and Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) which was released on LaserDisc in Japan, was among the first home video releases ever to include 6.1 channel Dolby Digital EX Surround (along with a few other late-life releases from 1999 to 2001).

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Crapper held nine patents, three of them for water closet improvements such as the floating ballcock.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No thanks, I only use genuine Crapper ballcocks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

He asserted that the Danes, thanks to their habit of combing their hair every day, of bathing every Saturday and regularly changing their clothes, were able to undermine the virtue of married women and even seduce the daughters of nobles to be their mistresses.[12][13][14][15]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

He asserted that the Danes, thanks to their habit of combing their hair every day, of bathing every Saturday and regularly changing their clothes, were able to undermine the virtue of married women and even seduce the daughters of nobles to be their mistresses.[12][13][14][15]

hell yeah :cool::hf::denmark:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

quote:

In some versions, the story takes place in Newport Beach, California.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Captain Hygiene posted:

Those chad Danes destroying the sexual market value of stank chode hogging all the poon from the euro incel hordes.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
furnishing my new apartment in r'lyeh from the nearby ikea

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Zomp is one of the colors on the Resene Color List, a color list widely popular in Australia and New Zealand.[citation needed] The color was formulated in 2007.[citation needed]

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Imagining this undergoing "corporate logo simplification" process

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pictured: jerry lewis's brain

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Internet Old One posted:

Those chad Danes destroying the sexual market value of stank chode hogging all the poon from the euro incel hordes.

Didn't work out well for them. Their cleanliness and hotness was cited as one of the reasons for the ethnic cleansing of Danes in England

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The third movie originally was going to be darker in tone and the main antagonists were originally going to be Bulgarians.[3][4][5][6]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The first states to adopt DST (German: Sommerzeit) nationally were those of the German Empire and its World War I ally Austria-Hungary commencing on 30 April 1916, as a way to conserve coal during wartime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord