Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DELETE CASCADE posted:

thanks i have the malaguena stuck in my head now

it hapened in 1998, so

https://youtu.be/zWaymcVmJ-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

in this one moment i am ok with the current spat between google & the danish rightsholders

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lol if the mere mention of the Macarena doesn’t put that song in your head for hours

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
A music video was produced for the song. In it, a man (Wil Veloz) sits in his house with his cat, getting ideas for the dance by watching clips of children dancing to the song. Two people comes to his house with a made-up dance to it. Soon, more people come outdoors of his house, performing the Macarena line dance. A girl's body transfers to a CGI replica on a screen, doing the dance. From this point, the video focuses on everyone doing the dance from it while Veloz sings it. At the mark of 2 minutes and 50 seconds, a car comes near the house. Two men come out of it. In Spanish, they say (complete with captions) "Hey! Can everybody dance your Macarena?". Soon, they (and two doubles) join the dance, leading into a fade-out. This removes 20 seconds out of the song.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Subject matter

"The Humpty Dance" is a tribute to Humpty's sexual prowess despite his ridiculous appearance.[4] Humpty introduces the appearance theme with the opening line, "I'm about to ruin the image and the style that you're used to," a protest against the uniformity among successful rappers of the time.[5]

In the final verse, Humpty describes the Humpty Dance itself as a loose, easy dance, "like MC Hammer on crack ... Anyone can play this game." The contrast is with the precision dancing in MC Hammer's videos. The song ends with an invitation for people of all races to join in the dance.[6]

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

Wandering lecturers would hold public gatherings, referred to as "ether frolics", where members of the audience were encouraged to inhale diethyl ether or nitrous oxide to demonstrate the mind-altering properties of these agents while providing much entertainment to onlookers.

i think i got a new idea for a party

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i think i got a new idea for a party

finally something I can vote for

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

a school friend of mine did a report on the guy who discovered ether. back then scientists would just drink or inhale shitloads of unknown chemicals and write down a description of what it did to them

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
lol can’t imagine anyone doing that today

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have an old chemistry textbook from like the 1860s and it includes every possible tangible property of every compound it lists. Melting point, density, solubility, crystal shape, color, smell, smell when burned, color of flames and smoke, taste, astringency, the feel between the fingers, even the sound it makes when you crush it in a mortar. Before analytical chemistry your senses were all you had

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
taste is still an important thing for geology

when we learned about how enlightenment era people discovered the toxicity of chemicals and compounds and stuff, it always reminded me of the human cost of determining which mushrooms were good to eat

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Taste is absolutely not an important thing in geology, in any sense of the word.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oh yeah well then how do you identify halite

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harsh_noise_wall

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

aww I was hoping it would link to my post history

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Although meant to activate by clapping, The Clapper can inadvertently be triggered by other noises,[5] such as coughing, a dog barking, a cabinet or door being closed, laughter, yelling, banging, intercourse, knocking on a door or a wall, other sharp sounds, or noises from televisions and speakers.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Some of the slang used in the film became popular in the years following its release, especially the use of the word "money" as a catch-all term of approval or quality. The exclamation "Vegas, baby!" also became a common quote when referencing the city.[3][23] Big Bad Voodoo Daddy credits much of their later music success to their appearance in the film.[3]

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

The show was known to have slimed their audience; when they did this they would pick someone, sit them in a chair, and ask them a question. If they answered correctly, they would get a bucket of slime (eventually changed to two buckets, then three) poured on top of them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kind Friend posted:

The show was known to have slimed their audience; when they did this they would pick someone, sit them in a chair, and ask them a question. If they answered correctly, they would get a bucket of slime (eventually changed to two buckets, then three) poured on top of them.

i am offended by people being slimed for answering questions correctly; it originated as something that happened to people who said "i don't know" :rant:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

However, the drive is actually possible, travelling at an average of about 65 miles per hour (105 km/h). If he leaves Los Angeles around midnight, he can drive the 373 miles (600 km) to Phoenix in about six hours to arrive when she "rises" at 6:00 am. If she "stops at lunch" to "give him a call" at 12:30 p.m. when he is in Albuquerque, it gives him six-and-a-half hours to make the 420-mile (680 km) drive. The drive from Albuquerque to the Oklahoma border is about 390 miles (630 km), giving her plenty of time to get home and go to sleep.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

"Fire is also a problem."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The world's largest display model of a Ukrainian sausage is a roadside attraction in Mundare, Alberta, the home of Stawnichy's Meat Processing.[12][13]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sagebrush posted:

The world's largest display model of a Ukrainian sausage is a roadside attraction in Mundare, Alberta, the home of Stawnichy's Meat Processing.[12][13]

This is very valuable information to me.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Other notable films with ensemble casts
  • The Godfather[9]
  • Clueless[10]
  • Cruel Intentions[10]
  • Dazed and Confused (1993)

(that is the entirety of that section)

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Created by spoonerism: transposing the first letters of bunch of wankers produces the phrase wunch of bankers.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Andy (1987 – October 19, 1991) was a goose that was born without webbed feet. It became well known as the sneaker-wearing goose. Andy was killed in 1991 by an unknown perpetrator.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

justice 4 andy

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
:honk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i used to have a pet goose. my parents got one each for me and my sister, goslings young enough that they imprinted on us

those things continuously poo poo. they poo poo while they're awake and excited to see you, or following you around, or anxiously waiting next to the door for you to let them in so that they can poo poo lines all over the carpet. they even poo poo while they're asleep, significantly so

"like poo poo through a goose" is most definitely not hyperbole. they're kinda mean too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Is this more substantive, Mike? 'Could there be more goose poop in my front yard?'"
"No!"
"No, it couldn’t be more substantive, or no, there couldn’t be more goose poop in my front yard?"

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

With his shoes, Andy was able to walk, swim and fly which was supposed to give hope to people with disabilities.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Geese are bad and I'm not sorry Andy is dead.

In much the same way that non-Kalamata olive trees should be extirpated to allow the cultivation of more Kalamata olives, geese should be replaced with ducks.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Geese are bad and I'm not sorry Andy is dead.

In much the same way that non-Kalamata olive trees should be extirpated to allow the cultivation of more Kalamata olives, geese should be replaced with ducks.

What will fill the ecological niche of making GBS threads up the place and harassing children?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bear in mind Aatrek is no longer around.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The detection of this pattern, a Fletcherian textual profile, has persuaded some researchers that they have penetrated the Fletcher canon with what they consider success

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I once saw a goose wing-check a corgi in a park when the corgi was trying to defend its person from the goose's importuning.

Poor doggo flew like six feet.

:(

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

A Pirate-ninja is defined as one kilowatt-hour (3.6 MJ) per Martian day, or sol. It is equivalent to approximately 40.55 watts.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

The Zapotec tribe has about 1,000,000 tribal members, according to Jimmy Nelson.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Some jobs require working at heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In recent times, hybrid versions of cutlery have been made combining the functionality of different eating implements, including the spork (spoon / fork), spife (spoon / knife), and knork (knife / fork) or the sporf which combines all three.