Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Carthag Tuek posted:

Turn this loving article back to corn or else.184.4.120.30 (talk) 21:42, 16 May 2011 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
BRB moving to Gdansk to grow specialty corn in the hopes the resulting name argument will destroy Wikipedia forever.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
actually it’s wikephebia

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fish_described_in_1761

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Just the one, but what a one!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Carbonated water (also known as soda water, sparkling water, fizzy water, club soda, water with gas, in many places as mineral water, or especially in the United States as seltzer or seltzer water)

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Contents

1 Life and career
2 Skull
3 Notable compositions

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Glorgnole posted:

Contents

1 Life and career
2 Skull
3 Notable compositions

Dude donated his skull to the Royal Shakespeare Company for productions of Hamlet. That's pretty hardcore.

I actually saw David Tennant acting with this dude's skull and didn't realize it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Carbonated water (also known as soda water, sparkling water, fizzy water, club soda, water with gas, in many places as mineral water, or especially in the United States as seltzer or seltzer water)

Definitely ordering "water with gas" next time

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sagebrush posted:

its how it is called in some languages :(

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

l’eau gazeuse, s’il vous plaît

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cool my parents have that picture

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

1761 is a signigicant year in taxonomy since Carl Linnaeus's Fauna Suecica came out then. this is one of the earliest works where the scientific names are still vaild. Most fish described by Linnaues were originially described by Peter Artedi, who died before the starting point of modern zoological taxonomy in 1758. Artedi was really good at what he did, and Linnaeus used his descriptions, and gave the fish names consistent with binomial nomenclature. The only Swedish fish that didn't make it into the 1758 volume was the garfish, and that went into the 1761 book.

the fish in the 1758 list are all from Linnaeus's Systema Naturae 10th edition.

why yes I am a zoological taxonomist, and thanks for listening to my TedX talk.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I actually saw David Tennant acting with this dude's skull and didn't realize it.

that's badass

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Glorgnole posted:

Contents

1 Life and career
2 Skull
3 Notable compositions

the 50 cent article is shorter than i'd have expected

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

they'll fart into a glass of tap water just for you

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gorpcore is a futuristic, loose-fitting, outdoors, camping-chic inspired style. The youth in 2022 reuse and get style inspiration from previous generations, while Gorp has emerged in the 2020’s, making the up-and-coming style more unique. The style is somewhat open for interpretation because it is fairly new, making it flexible and creative. Although, there are certain patterns and forms that classify an outfit as Gorp. This fashion style coincides with Gen-Zers desire for sustainable fashion, as many of these pieces are easily accessible in vintage or thrift shops while designer pieces can be found on e-commerce stores such as Depop or Thred-up.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

it's unclear if it was a commercial success because of Square Enix and People Can Fly releasing different statements on the game's commercial performance.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Gorpcore is a futuristic, loose-fitting, outdoors, camping-chic inspired style. The youth in 2022 reuse and get style inspiration from previous generations, while Gorp has emerged in the 2020’s, making the up-and-coming style more unique. The style is somewhat open for interpretation because it is fairly new, making it flexible and creative. Although, there are certain patterns and forms that classify an outfit as Gorp. This fashion style coincides with Gen-Zers desire for sustainable fashion, as many of these pieces are easily accessible in vintage or thrift shops while designer pieces can be found on e-commerce stores such as Depop or Thred-up.

fandom.com is cheating. :mad:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In crush films, the crushing agent is typically a woman, who will concentrate her body weight upon her feet to compress the object against the floor.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

thanks jimbo i hate it

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Sauzer
Jan 31, 2006
Some Sort of Guy

Beeftweeter posted:

thanks jimbo i hate it
the amount of white space is terrible, but thankfully you can turn it back to the old skin in user preferences. people are yelling at them on the talk page for the change and the designers are in full “sorry you feel that way, give it a couple months” mode.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah i just signed in for the first time in literally years to do that. it shouldn't be necessary though, i wish there were an option to do it without logging in (although using keychain makes it something of a non-issue). keep the custom css feature for accounts i guess, but a cookie with a stylesheet preference shouldn't be that hard

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
it's much easier to read imo. i'm a fan!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it wasn't that bad before. i liked reading it in portrait mode on my ipad

but moving the table of contents to where it is now means that it's exactly in the same area where i'd scroll with my left thumb. i don't really care if the other stuff is hidden away in a menu — fine, i'd bet most people don't use that anyway. since the new layout leaves a ton of whitespace though, the organization is real stupid

i m o of course

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
i read the french wikipedia p often for things and this seems to be in line with their long-held style, so it was only jarring to me in thinking i was on the wrong language at first. otherwise i'm cool with it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Super funny that you can use the old reddit layout without signing in but not wikipedia. It really feels like the big open spaces are a threat to donate or get ads. Ugly as sin on desktop

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The Florida Supreme Court described his filings as "repetitive, frivolous and insult[ing to] the integrity of the court," particularly one in which Thompson, claiming concern about "the court's inability to comprehend his arguments," filed a motion which he called "A picture book for adults", including images of "swastikas, kangaroos in court, a reproduced dollar bill, cartoon squirrels, Paul Simon, Paul Newman, Ray Charles, a handprint with the word 'slap' written under it, Bar Governor Benedict P. Kuehne, Ed Bradley, Jack Nicholson, Justice Clarence Thomas, Julius Caesar, monkeys, [and] a house of cards." (see [142])

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Manufacturers rarely agree on why their laundry balls work, which suggests that each manufacturer makes these claims up.

The mechanical action of the laundry balls can help clean some types of spots,[3][5] but a golf ball will achieve the same effect for much less money.[2]

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

the kick is a little twisty and the framerate sucks but this is a reasonably good demonstration of backstroke

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

George posted:

the kick is a little twisty and the framerate sucks but this is a reasonably good demonstration of backstroke

what about the headlights tho

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anyway came here to post that it amuses me that the example of the marcinelle school comic book style of draing is scanned from a swedish copy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcinelle_school#/media/File:Image-Marcinelle-Example.png

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rated R for Nudity Yes Yes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carthag Tuek posted:

Rated R for Nudity Yes Yes

-Teenage me at Kensington Video.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not worthless, just fun

quote:

As a natural food substance, manna would produce waste products; but in classical rabbinical literature, as a supernatural substance, it was held that manna produced no waste, resulting in no defecation among the Israelites until several decades later, when the manna had ceased to fall.[32] Modern medical science suggests the lack of defecation over such a long period of time would cause severe bowel problems, especially when other food later began to be consumed again. Classical rabbinical writers say that the Israelites complained about the lack of defecation, and were concerned about potential bowel problems.[32]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:LongPages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

the homies all say he’s pretty fly for a Wife Guy