Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
baronsnype

Skullstep [edit]

Skullstep is a genre that emerged from techstep. While originally it was a derisive moniker for techstep itself (much like clownstep), it is currently used to designate a certain style within the genre: Skullstep follows the instrumentation of techstep, it is characterized by a much more repetitive, aggressive song structure with similarities to Breakcore - the original Skullstep drumloop, pioneered by Limewax, got looped at a dotted quarter beat length. This allows the drumloop to remain syncopated, but achieve a repetitive sound resemblant to hardcore techno. Artists prominent in this genre include Current Value, Donny, Dylan, Limewax, Gein, SNM, The Panacea, Axis & Trank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

qfb

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
So my dad is a wikipedia editor and today he was mad because someone changed his image

to this poo poo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OMNIMAX_frame_%28English%29.svg linked because I CBA to give it a white background

why do wikipedians have such a hardon for changing stuff to british spellings

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i...don't thin i've ever said this before but...well...

Silver Alicorn posted:

So my dad is a wikipedia editor

a shameful dad

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
It is necessary to breathe to yell.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

It is necessary to breathe to yell.

aaaay huh

aaaaaaaay huh

aaaaaaaaaaaaay huh

I'm

aaay huh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

i...don't thin i've ever said this before but...well...

a shameful dad
not even merely a wikipedia-editing dad, a wikipedia-editing dad who gets caremad that his ms paint drawing isn't displayed in a wikipedia article any more

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

baronsnype

Skullstep [edit]

Skullstep is a genre that emerged from techstep. While originally it was a derisive moniker for techstep itself (much like clownstep), it is currently used to designate a certain style within the genre: Skullstep follows the instrumentation of techstep, it is characterized by a much more repetitive, aggressive song structure with similarities to Breakcore - the original Skullstep drumloop, pioneered by Limewax, got looped at a dotted quarter beat length. This allows the drumloop to remain syncopated, but achieve a repetitive sound resemblant to hardcore techno. Artists prominent in this genre include Current Value, Donny, Dylan, Limewax, Gein, SNM, The Panacea, Axis & Trank.

that's not even accurate anymore, those guys are just straight up classed as crossbreed (hardcore mixed with dnb)

:goonsay:ing about electronic genres right here

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Orbi posted:

:goonsay:ing about electronic genres right here
while you're at it please explain to me the difference between skullstep and clownstep, i am v. curious and wish to be enlightened

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

while you're at it please explain to me the difference between skullstep and clownstep, i am v. curious and wish to be enlightened

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

its me im the worthless thing on wikipedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeElGEB-mo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is clownstep made using samples of clown shoes?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lol what the hell am i looking at

also where's the not-dance music

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lol what the hell am i looking at

also where's the not-dance music

Electronica does not exist. Not as a genre or a description. It was coined by the North American music press to refer to the second wave of electronic music's explosion in the late 90s, and exists purely as a marketing buzzword, not any actual quantifiable branch of music (the first wave of electronic music, incidentally, they called 'techno', and, having driven the word into the ground beyond all sense of meaning, they couldn't keep using it if they wished to re-market the music). Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Prodigy's 'Fat of the Land', Chemical Brothers and other big-time stars of that period were all called "electronica" at one point or another, but the person who really popularized it in the public consciousness was Madonna and her shallow, William Orbit-produced piss-poor attempt at appropriating trance music as something she invented (Ray of Light). She used that word all the drat time in interviews. God I hate her. So yeah: There is no such thing as electronica. I want each and every one of you to stop calling it that, because it makes you sound like a god drat retard. If you want to talk about the music as a whole, simply call it what it is: "electronic music" (or EDM--Electronic Dance Music--for the club/rave stuff). This is a PSA from the Official Electronic Music Genre Standards and Classifications Consortium.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

it's a flash thing made in like 2003 trying to explain the dumb loving subgenres of electronic stupidity

check out the jungle tab for a laugh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my dad started the article on the AVE Mizar

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIFF

Richard Sexton: I make no claim to inventing BIFF. Blame Joe Talmadge. Joe wasn't too busy one year at HP and invented a whole cast of characters such as SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR MAN, Bobby Joe (Dedicated Wobegon listener), Joe Supportive (soc.singles reader for 1.5 years) and of course the big bad BIFFSTER. ... Joe Talmadge: Oh. Hey. Don't blame me. It's Webber's fault. Anyway, I may have invented BIFF, but Richard made him famous. Richard is the Roy Crock[1] of BIFF; meanwhile, I fade quietly into obscurity.[2]

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Silver Alicorn posted:

So my dad is a wikipedia editor

sorry I had to go look for him because I was curious (and bored) to know what kind of wikipedia editor dad he is and...

is he the guy who met jimbo wales and had a picture with him in his userpage because :laffo:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

no he hates jumbo wales fat face lol

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
oh ok then sorry for thinking this was your dad:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Crasscrab posted:

as a bona fide clown shoe i can say for a fact that it does not

however i think that it might use samples of icp but gently caress you i aint gonna click it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

(much like clownstep)

looked it up, was really disappointed to find out it wasn't juggalo-centric dubstep

speaking of juggalos on wikipedia:

Wikipedia posted:

Description Juggalo Car
Date 9 March 2008
Source Own work
Author Yourexhalekiss

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Crasscrab posted:

no its someone reading your post history

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
In 1995, Alan hosted a Christmas special of Knowing Me, Knowing You... with Alan Partridge, humorously[citation needed] titled Knowing Me, Knowing Yule.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Heavy_D posted:

In 1995, Alan hosted a Christmas special of Knowing Me, Knowing You... with Alan Partridge, humorously[citation needed] titled Knowing Me, Knowing Yule.

:iceburn:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Heavy_D posted:

dragon fly sixty nine ban that wikipedian, alan partridge owns

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Crasscrab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpOH-mQGuJ8

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Samvuy1FG_g

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Post the most worthless thing you can find on YouTUbe

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchK6Le8dIs

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Suspicious Dish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

clearly not worthless

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Orbi posted:

Electronica does not exist. Not as a genre or a description. It was coined by the North American music press to refer to the second wave of electronic music's explosion in the late 90s, and exists purely as a marketing buzzword, not any actual quantifiable branch of music (the first wave of electronic music, incidentally, they called 'techno', and, having driven the word into the ground beyond all sense of meaning, they couldn't keep using it if they wished to re-market the music). Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Prodigy's 'Fat of the Land', Chemical Brothers and other big-time stars of that period were all called "electronica" at one point or another, but the person who really popularized it in the public consciousness was Madonna and her shallow, William Orbit-produced piss-poor attempt at appropriating trance music as something she invented (Ray of Light). She used that word all the drat time in interviews. God I hate her. So yeah: There is no such thing as electronica. I want each and every one of you to stop calling it that, because it makes you sound like a god drat retard. If you want to talk about the music as a whole, simply call it what it is: "electronic music" (or EDM--Electronic Dance Music--for the club/rave stuff). This is a PSA from the Official Electronic Music Genre Standards and Classifications Consortium.
Included in today's media [edit]

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, electronica music was increasingly used as background scores for television advertisements, initially for automobiles. It was also used for various video games, specifically the Wipeout series, for which the soundtrack was composed of many popular and highly-appropriate electronica tracks that helped create more interest in this type of music[22]—and later for other technological and business products such as computers and financial services. Then in 2011, Hyundai Veloster, in association with The Grammys, produced a project that became known as Re:Generation.[23]

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Suspicious Dish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

if i only knew what i could do

to make you make you get out