Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

we found it, close thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:spergin:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

ahhhh what is wrong w you el salvador

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_KFC_franchises

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_Oxford_colleges

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

wikipedia lists are the best

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_space_stations

(this is actually kinda cool though i guess? space movies are badass)

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

wait

28:34[edit]

Denmark (also 28:37)

how can denmark be both 28:34 and 28:37 do some people like trim the ends?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Orbi posted:

wait

i guess they could have two versions for different occasions

also how come its 28:34 and not 14:17

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TINA TURNER posted:

i guess they could have two versions for different occasions

also how come its 28:34 and not 14:17

maybe they wanted it to be compared more easily with 28:37?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

prefect posted:

maybe they wanted it to be compared more easily with 28:37?

yeah 28:37 can't be reduced so maybe thats it.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Orbi posted:

wait

oh i found the answer!!!!

As late as 1892 it was stated in a series of regulations that the correct lengths of the two last fields in the flag were 6/4. Some interested in the matter made inquires into the issue and concluded that the 6/4 length would make the flag look blunt. Any new flag would also quickly become unlawful, due to wear and tear. They also noted that the flag currently used had lengths, of the last two fields, anywhere between 7/4 to 13/6. So in May 1893 a new regulation to all chiefs of police, stated that the police should not intervene, if the two last fields in the flag were longer than 6/4 as long as these did not exceed 7/4, and provided that this was the only rule violated. This regulation is still in effect today and thus the legal proportions of the National flag is today anywhere between 3:1:3 width / 3:1:4.5 length and 3:1:3 width / 3:1:5.25 length.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TINA TURNER posted:

oh i found the answer!!!!

As late as 1892 it was stated in a series of regulations that the correct lengths of the two last fields in the flag were 6/4. Some interested in the matter made inquires into the issue and concluded that the 6/4 length would make the flag look blunt. Any new flag would also quickly become unlawful, due to wear and tear. They also noted that the flag currently used had lengths, of the last two fields, anywhere between 7/4 to 13/6. So in May 1893 a new regulation to all chiefs of police, stated that the police should not intervene, if the two last fields in the flag were longer than 6/4 as long as these did not exceed 7/4, and provided that this was the only rule violated. This regulation is still in effect today and thus the legal proportions of the National flag is today anywhere between 3:1:3 width / 3:1:4.5 length and 3:1:3 width / 3:1:5.25 length.

they must be pretty crime-free to have the police spending time on this kind of thing

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

prefect posted:

they must be pretty crime-free to have the police spending time on this kind of thing

i mean its denmark its too cold to do anything but make flags

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

prefect posted:

they vikinged it all out of their systems for a few centuries beforehand, p simple

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:T1200_class_icebreaker

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

TINA TURNER posted:

ahhhh what is wrong w you el salvador

quote:

There are two versions of the flag... Both flags have a 3:5 aspect ratio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_El_Salvador

can't the spergers get anything right???

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

seems like an image for showing off what microscopes can do, right? guess again:

quote:

The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):
  • Times New Roman

that's it. the whole list.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

i barely GNU her! posted:

seems like an image for showing off what microscopes can do, right? guess again:

that's it. the whole list.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

no the normal flag is still that hosed up proportion, those are the two variant flags (variants because ???)

which i guess shows how messed up it all is

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

quoting this because a) people spent real time assembling this list and 2) you loving rear end in a top hat countries just could not bother to match anyone elses proportions and had to be a special idiot snowflake huh

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

1:2 supremacy

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

lol if your flag didnt predict the future and go 16:10

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

500:809 (1:1.618)[edit]
Togo

haha they got a graphic designer to do it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

quoting this because a) people spent real time assembling this list and 2) you loving rear end in a top hat countries just could not bother to match anyone elses proportions and had to be a special idiot snowflake huh

nepal can go gently caress themselves; get back to us when you have a real flag, idiots

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

prefect posted:

nepal can go gently caress themselves; get back to us when you have a real flag, idiots

theyre not even white what the fu

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_style_of_national_flags
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sets_of_four_countries_that_border_one_another

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i hate to admit it, but i find both those pages fascinating :spergin:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

prefect posted:

i hate to admit it, but i find both those pages fascinating :spergin:

its u, the sperg

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

quote:

No more than four contiguous countries can share borders since the complete graph K5 is not planar.

wtf is that supposed to mean? use english you loving idiots.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

yet another example of how the kaliningrad oblast is loving stupid

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

uhm the dude obviously measured it with a ruler and the proportions turned out to reduce to 189:335 if you dont like it you can check his match its obviously correct

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

TINA TURNER posted:

yet another example of how the kaliningrad oblast is loving stupid
not if you like missiles

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

WorkingPeer posted:

yospos bitch

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

WorkingPeer posted:

countries are two-dimensional. this is not enough dimensions for five countries to all border each other.

i am an absolute non-mathematician and i understood this, gj on being an idiot babby bitch.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

countries are two-dimensional. this is not enough dimensions for five countries to all border each other.

i am an absolute non-mathematician and i understood this, gj on being an idiot babby bitch.

if they had omitted "since the complete graph K5 is not planar", would you have understood it any less?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

if they had omitted "since the complete graph K5 is not planar", would you have understood it any less?
no idea what a "complete graph" is but it's apparently necessary and has a 5 in it like the number of countries. i also know that "planar" means two-dimensional. these happen to be the only ideas relevant to my post so without them there wouldn't have been anything to understand.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm vaguely interested in whether it's as simple as you need n-2 dimensions to draw a graph of n countries that all share borders, or if it's more complicated than that

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

i'm vaguely interested in whether it's as simple as you need n-2 dimensions to draw a graph of n countries that all share borders, or if it's more complicated than that
i doubt that, i'm picturing a whole mesh of "countries" in 3d space with pipes or tendrils or whatever extending to every other country and as far as i can tell this could be extended indefinitely. i think that what's important here is that in two dimensions countries fence each other off but in three dimensions they can "overlap" which eliminates the relevant constraints.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

howcome 4 corners isnt in that list is it becasuue our american engineering and straight lines blew wikis collective mind?