Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Toast sandwich
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A toast sandwich is a very simple and economical sandwich made by putting a thin slice of toast between two thin slices of bread with a layer of butter, and adding salt and pepper to taste. Its origins can be traced to the Victorian years. A recipe for making it is included in the 1861 Book of Household Management by Isabella Beeton.[1]

The key role is played by the textures felt by the mouth
Although this sandwich is very simple, the collection of textures presented by the butter, the slices of bread and the toast can make its consumption a surprisingly pleasant experience.[citation needed]

Mouthfeel is the great attraction of the toast sandwich. Given the diversity of textures and flavours of all kinds of bread, many variations can be easily devised and tested in order to enrich the experience of the consumer. For example, a toast sandwich can be made with:
  • Cold or hot toast
  • Melted or room-temperature butter
  • Garlic or herb toast (or bacon)
  • Integral bread (with or without raisins) with white bread toast, or vice versa
Butter can also be substituted with a little extra-virgin olive oil when using savory variants of bread and toast.

Alternative uses
Toast sandwiches can be used instead of bread when accompanying meals. The richness of their texture makes them an excellent complement to the mouthfeel given by pasta, salad, soup and aspic dishes.

there is not a single word in it that isnt retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i totally ate toast with butter and pepper on it when i was broke once :(

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I don't understand non-toasted sandwiches.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

"mouthfeel" is the creepiest-sounding word

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Qualities perceived [edit]

• Cohesiveness: Degree to which the sample deforms before rupturing when biting with molars.
• Density: Compactness of cross section of the sample after biting completely through with the molars.
• Dryness: Degree to which the sample feels dry in the mouth.
• Fracturability: Force with which the sample crumbles, cracks or shatters. Fracturability encompasses crumbliness, crispiness, crunchiness and brittleness.
• Graininess: Degree to which a sample contains small grainy particles.
• Gumminess: Energy required to disintegrate a semi-solid food to a state ready for swallowing.
• Hardness: Force required to deform the product to given distance, i.e., force to compress between molars, bite through with incisors, compress between tongue and palate.
• Heaviness: Weight of product perceived when first placed on tongue.
• Moisture absorption: Amount of saliva absorbed by product.
• Moisture release: Amount of wetness/juiciness released from sample.
• Mouthcoating: Type and degree of coating in the mouth after mastication (for example, fat/oil).
• Roughness: Degree of abrasiveness of product's surface perceived by the tongue.
• Slipperiness: Degree to which the product slides over the tongue.
• Smoothness: Absence of any particles, lumps, bumps, etc., in the product.
• Uniformity: Degree to which the sample is even throughout; homogeneity.
• Uniformity of Bite: Evenness of force through bite.
• Uniformity of Chew: Degree to which the chewing characteristics of the product are even throughout mastication.
• Viscosity: Force required to draw a liquid from a spoon over the tongue.
• Wetness: Amount of moisture perceived on product's surface.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Suspicious Dish posted:

I don't understand non-toasted sandwiches.

the crunch adds so much to a sandwich, if it's not flakey you gotta toast that poo poo

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Xavier's actions and goals in life are often compared to those of Martin Luther King, Jr. for his involvement with the American civil rights struggle,[1] whereas Magneto is often compared with the more militant civil rights activist Malcolm X.[1]

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

stoutfish posted:

the crunch adds so much to a sandwich, if it's not flakey you gotta toast that poo poo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Xavier's actions and goals in life are often compared to those of Martin Luther King, Jr. for his involvement with the American civil rights struggle,[1] whereas Magneto is often compared with the more militant civil rights activist Malcolm X.[1]

img-pony-auschwitz.png

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
some pedants deleted a ton of stuff from the list of unusual deaths because the cited articles did not use the specific word "unusual"

quote:

Heart attacks are not unusual, they are one of the leading causes of death. Heart attacks in public places or at special events are not unusual either happening hundreds of times every year. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 17:12, 15 February 2014 (UTC)

It would be sheer WP:OR to claim that. As you are so incessantly fond of repeating, we rely on secondary sources, not OR. Your insistence that if being killed by zombie aliens isn't unusual because a source only used the term "fantastically bizarre" in reference to it is also an insistence that if a source describes some particular heart attack as "unusual", then we also treat it as unusual. Andy Dingley (talk) 20:14, 15 February 2014 (UTC)

My dear Andy, I am, as the policy states, opposed to article content being based upon WP:OR ("Wikipedia articles must not contain original research."). And if you really dont think deaths from heart attack are common, you really should not be editing. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 14:29, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

You seem to be suggesting that the relevant prevalence of the medically-defined cause of death is a valid, perhaps the only valid, criterion in assessing the "unusualness" of a death. Most people would argue, I think, that circumstances can play a significant role in any assessment. But, putting this entirely aside, I thought the criterion agreed on for this article was that secondary sources should describe the death as unusual or some synonym of this word. Medically-defined cause of death is thus, surely, irrelevant? Martinevans123 (talk) 19:58, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

Your claim "Heart attacks are not unusual" (which although seemingly uncontroversial in general, you're actually extrapolating here to mean "All heart attacks (with no exceptions) are not unusual" is the part that's OR.
Of course heart attacks are common. However some are unusual, for some unusual reason. When such heart attacks are described in RS as unusual, then we either thus treat them as unusual, or we indulge your unsupported OR here in that "All heart attacks" are commonplace. You can't have it both ways: your regular claim is that only slavish and literal interpretation of a source is accepted (to the point that "bizarre" is not considered a synonym for "unusual"). If you enforce that literal a following of sources, then when a RS calls a heart attack "unusual", then we also have to consider it as unusual. Andy Dingley (talk) 20:23, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

I am not "attempting to have it both ways". I am not attempting to insert into the article my obvious, though currently uncited, claim that heart attacks are not unusual. The insertion of article content based on WP:OR is what is prohibited by the policy. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 21:04, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

No, you are using your own OR to justify removing death described as unusual, based on your own belief that "all heart attacks are usual" thus none are, or can be, unusual, even when stated as such by RS. Andy Dingley (talk) 21:32, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

This is one of the most grotesque cases of wikilawyering I've ever seen. Overriding RS with your own OR is almost as bad as adding such OR yourself. What if I removed that Earth is round from articles, just because I believe it is not, and I justified it as "well, I can remove stuff based on OR"? I doubt I'd last five seconds. --cyclopiaspeak! 21:39, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

It's a case of "live by the sword, die by the sword". I will say, though, that very few reliable sources would classify a heart attack as unusual, and, if someone linked to something that did describe a heart attack as unusual a trip to WP:RSN would be in order to see if a broader audience believed that the source actually was reliable in the context of categorizing deaths.—Kww(talk) 22:50, 27 February 2014 (UTC)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

soapydishwater posted:

some more of his works

he tried to get this to be a featured picture on wikimedia commons or whatever the gently caress

http://i.imgur.com/lliIhZK.jpg :nws:

I'm the lazy cliff texture

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

syscall girl posted:

img-pony-auschwitz.png

somewhere, a man is wondering if his horsehead mask goes better with a Wehrmacht or SS uniform

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The film is notable for a sequence in which six of the princesses "combine" into one giant warrior by standing on top of each other, invoking Super Robot tropes such as the "firing fist". this movie based from mixing gu long novels and ATV hong kong tv series: PARAGON OF SWORD AND KNIFE

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_corporation#List_of_fictional_evil_corporations

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Aperture Science (Portal) - This corporation, while technically misguided (if not evil), they did create GlaDOS who represent man's attempt to construct an idealized mother figure through the cold logic of science.

:lol:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PleasingFungus posted:

I'm the lazy cliff texture

I'm the giant-eyed anime cat he puts in all of his pictures

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Boxturret posted:

Aperture Science (Portal) - This corporation, while technically misguided (if not evil), they did create GlaDOS who represent man's attempt to construct an idealized mother figure through the cold logic of science.

:lol:

:what:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux_Paint

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Clear Boggy Creek,[1] also known as the Clear Boggy River, is a 132-mile-long (212 km)[2] creek in southeastern Oklahoma that is a tributary of Muddy Boggy Creek.

Geography
According to some sources, Clear Boggy Creek joins with Muddy Boggy Creek to form the Boggy River.[3]

History
Boggy Depot was established on Clear Boggy Creek.[4]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

placenames younger than 300 ish years is bullshit

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Common typographic elements in artist and track names include triangles, crosses, and other Unicode symbols, which are seen by some as a method of keeping the scene underground and harder to search for on the Internet.[5][6]

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

so hard to type triangles :(

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
omg, can u trifoerc?

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
it takes heart, courage, and wisdom.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Metal Pink Babble posted:

it takes heart, courage, and wisdom.

excuse me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Miley Virus posted:

▲
▲ ▲

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

quote:

Butlers may provide comic relief with wry comments, clues as to the perpetrators of various crimes, and are represented as at least as intelligent and moral as their “betters,” or even more so. They are often portrayed as being serious and expressionless and in the case that the wealthy hero is an orphan—such as Batman, Chrono Crusade's Satella Harvenheit, or Tomb Raider's Lara Croft—may be a father figure to said hero.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Recent studies found an increased chance of homosexuality in men whose mothers previously carried to term many male children. This effect is nullified if the man is left-handed.[71]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Horse MacGyver (///▲▲▲\\\)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
☯✞ Follow for more Soft Grunge ✞☯

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Recent studies found an increased chance of homosexuality in men whose mothers previously carried to term many male children. This effect is nullified if the man is left-handed.[71]

what

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

jeez dude its right there in the dm handbook

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Install Windows posted:

jeez dude its right there in the dm handbook

central casting character creation is weird.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Install Windows posted:

☯✞ Follow for more Soft Grunge ✞☯
oh god what is this poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fool_of_sound posted:

lord futanari of ankh morpork

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lollll

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

A screenshot from Azealia Banks "Atlantis" music video showing Seapunk fashion

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Boxturret posted:

A screenshot from Azealia Banks "Atlantis" music video showing Seapunk fashion

how is this seapunk? not even sure what that is, but this is not it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fork bomb posted:

how is this seapunk? not even sure what that is, but this is not it.

neither the sea nor punk has anything to do with the seapunk aesthetic.