Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ittes about ethics inne chess broadsheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

an anthropomorphic punk-style duck character.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pubic Wars, a pun on the Punic Wars,[1]

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kinda nice!! i guess? hard to tell without the view

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
In the summer of 1986, Jay Villemarette found himself out of work after being laid off from his auto body job and started considering the possibility of working full-time with skulls.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

Species[edit]
The book "G" is for Growing: Thirty Years of Research on Children and Sesame Street refers to Big Bird as a canary.[12] In an episode of Sesame Street, Big Bird was asked if he was related to the cassowary; he replied, "I'm more of a condor." On the January 23, 1976 episode of Hollywood Squares, Big Bird was asked what kind of bird he is and said he was a lark, causing host Peter Marshall to crack up.[13] In the film Don't Eat the Pictures, Osiris calls Big Bird an ibis. Big Bird appeared in a series 11 episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, in which he declares he is a "golden condor". Zoologist Mike Dickison suggested in his popular Pechakucha talk that Big Bird represents a unique species that evolved from the whooping crane.[14] Big Bird is always described as being flightless.
From Wikipedia Puppet.wikia has better scholarship, but fan wikis are cheating.

I just like the amount of effort and thought people have put into working out what species Big Bird is. Especially when everybody knows he's a giant canary.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

big bird is clearly a hybrid of several species, like a designer dog

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

darthbob88 posted:

From Wikipedia Puppet.wikia has better scholarship, but fan wikis are cheating.

I just like the amount of effort and thought people have put into working out what species Big Bird is. Especially when everybody knows he's a giant canary.

That's cool and all but in Dutch sesame street he looks like this:

What species is this?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
blübjord

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_eclipses

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wow

i am tempted to make an account just to make this a little more comprehensive :spergin:

that ain't good

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

syscall girl posted:

wow

i am tempted to make an account just to make this a little more comprehensive :spergin:

that ain't good

i only came across it because i went to see Little Shop of Horrors (1986) in theaters last night lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i only came across it because i went to see Little Shop of Horrors (1986) in theaters last night lol

i was thinking of getald's game for starts cuz that scene is super creepy

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

syscall girl posted:

wow

that ain't good
How many of the films were animes?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

John Big Booty posted:

How many of the films were animes?

is hellboy an anime? fantasia?

lara croft has got to be an honorary anime

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i still love that movie. and the soundtrack

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Grassy Knowles posted:

In the summer of 1986, Jay Villemarette found himself out of work after being laid off from his auto body job and started considering the possibility of working full-time with skulls.
this is better than big bird or eclipses

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The Tom Collins Hoax of 1874[edit]
In 1874, people in New York, Pennsylvania, and elsewhere in the United States would start a conversation with "Have you seen Tom Collins?"[9][10] After the listener predictably reacts by explaining that they did not know a Tom Collins, the speaker would assert that Tom Collins was talking about the listener to others and that Tom Collins was "just around the corner", "in a [local] bar," or somewhere else near.[9] The conversation about the nonexistent Tom Collins was a proven hoax of exposure.[9] In The Great Tom Collins hoax of 1874, as it became known, the speaker would encourage the listener to act foolishly by reacting to patent nonsense that the hoaxer deliberately presents as reality.[9] In particular, the speaker desired the listener to become agitated at the idea of someone talking about them to others such that the listener would rush off to find the purportedly nearby Tom Collins.[9] Similar to the New York Zoo hoax of 1874, several newspapers propagated the very successful practical joke by printing stories containing false sightings of Tom Collins.[9] The 1874 hoax quickly gained such notoriety that several 1874 music hall songs memorialized the event (copies of which now are in the U.S. Library of Congress).[9][11]

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Wrong thread

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
A noted exception to this is his acceptance of Humphrey Bogart's smoking habit in the episode "Play it Again, Sledge", although Bogart was only a ghost.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Tom Collins Hoax of 1874[edit]

I remember the Tom Collins walls of text ca 2009

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
https://tinyurl.com/y9o9encc

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ARunningman.webm

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
(Redirected from Something awful)

lol what is this poo poo trash

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

On the other hand, the use of fixed skewers may not be true tool-use because the thorn (or whatever) is not manipulated by the bird.[14]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

On the other hand, the use of fixed skewers may not be true tool-use because the thorn (or whatever) is not manipulated by the bird.[14]

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
On January 13, 1999, it was reported the National Security Agency of the United States banned Furbies from entering NSA's property due to concerns that they may be used to record and repeat classified information, advising those that see any on NSA property to "contact their Staff Security Officer for guidance."[19][20][21]

Roger Shiffman, the owner of Tiger Electronics, stated that "Furby has absolutely no ability to do any recording whatsoever," and would have gladly told the NSA this if he was asked by anyone from the spy agency.[22][not in citation given] Additionally, Dave Hampton demonstrated that Furby's microphone can't record any sound at all, and can only hear a single monotonous beep if a loud sound is produced around Furby, and no words or waveforms can be made out at all.[citation needed] He too was never questioned by the NSA, and he could have answered both questions easily.[speculation?] The ban was eventually withdrawn.[citation needed]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

maskenfreiheit posted:

On January 13, 1999, it was reported the National Security Agency of the United States banned Furbies from entering NSA's property due to concerns that they may be used to record and repeat classified information, advising those that see any on NSA property to "contact their Staff Security Officer for guidance."[19][20][21]

Roger Shiffman, the owner of Tiger Electronics, stated that "Furby has absolutely no ability to do any recording whatsoever," and would have gladly told the NSA this if he was asked by anyone from the spy agency.[22][not in citation given] Additionally, Dave Hampton demonstrated that Furby's microphone can't record any sound at all, and can only hear a single monotonous beep if a loud sound is produced around Furby, and no words or waveforms can be made out at all.[citation needed] He too was never questioned by the NSA, and he could have answered both questions easily.[speculation?] The ban was eventually withdrawn.[citation needed]

i'd like to imagine that at some point during this the nsa interrogated individual furbies

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

...and the NSA would, and should, have simply accepted the word of the manufacturer?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
And there's no way someone could've stuck a bug in one

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

A Pinball Wizard posted:

And there's no way someone could've stuck a bug in one

well yeah but if you try to ban bringing anything in that could have a bug stuck in it, you need to start by firing all your staff

ok so this isn't sounding such a bad idea but

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
the nerds are getting desperate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Breast-Shaped_Hill.jpg

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

“technically known as tiggoliths, these formations...”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soricidus posted:

the nerds are getting desperate

The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):

Inselberg

🤔

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

quote:

The message does not reliably indicate whether the printer in question is actually aflame.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde

much better than a ceiling titty

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There is evidence that the picture may have originally portrayed the titan with a partially erect penis,[5]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

There is evidence that the picture may have originally portrayed the titan with a partially erect penis,[5]

i was expecting this to be about the cover art of atlas shrugged