Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Delta State is a French-Canadian animated television series,[3] based on a comic book by Douglas Gayeton (which was never released), featuring four amnesiac roommates with the ability to enter an ethereal realm known as the Delta State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
How did I never hear about "diaper sniper" when this was happening

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
post the most worthless thing you can find on youtube

quote:

At SXSW yesterday, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki announced that the platform would start adding information from Wikipedia to conspiracy-related videos within the next few weeks. “We will show a companion unit of information from Wikipedia showing that here is information about the event,” she said. The company is “using a list of well-known internet conspiracies from Wikipedia” to pull from. However, YouTube appears to have left one party in the dark: “We were not given advance notice of this announcement,” said the Wikimedia Foundation in a statement on Twitter.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Delta State is a French-Canadian animated television series,[3] based on a comic book by Douglas Gayeton (which was never released), featuring four amnesiac roommates with the ability to enter an ethereal realm known as the Delta State.

this used to be on teletoon F like 24/7 when I was in college

it was poo poo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

RZApublican posted:

there is, but it doesn't redirect from diaper sniper

also someone removed all references to diapers from the page

imo you can't have a straight-faced description of The Rook without mentioning how people were genuinely suggesting DNA diaper analysis to track the guy. it's a legitimate part of the story! :mad:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo you can't have a straight-faced description of The Rook without mentioning how people were genuinely suggesting DNA diaper analysis to track the guy. it's a legitimate part of the story! :mad:

or the fact that him leaving a constant trail of dirty diapers was likely one of the biggest things that kept the manhunt from growing cold

that's a hell of a thing to leave out, the guy sitting in his sniper's nest all day until he shits his diaper, changes himself, and then sets out all the while leaving a stream of clues that he can't get rid of

who has that many diapers

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

didn't they eventually shift the explanation to "i guess a lot of people litter diapers in the woods"? i remember after a while some police entity in the hunt said the diaper theory didn't make sense

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why was he doing that?

if you're hiding in the woods surely it's cleaner and easier to just poo poo in a hole, or even a bucket or something, than in a diaper? it's not like he was having to freeze in one position for hours upon hours, right?

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

why was he doing that?

if you're hiding in the woods surely it's cleaner and easier to just poo poo in a hole, or even a bucket or something, than in a diaper? it's not like he was having to freeze in one position for hours upon hours, right?

it makes sense for the sniping part i guess. otherwise you're dealing with two targets at once

but my real answer is "because he's a loving lunatic survivalist"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FrozenVent posted:

this used to be on teletoon F like 24/7 when I was in college

it was poo poo

teletoon's original content has always just been the worst

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Lutha Mahtin posted:

didn't they eventually shift the explanation to "i guess a lot of people litter diapers in the woods"? i remember after a while some police entity in the hunt said the diaper theory didn't make sense

yeah, wasn't he found in an abandoned hanger and it turned out the whole manhunt had mostly been a waste of time and money

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

The song is a lightweight space disco track that cashed in on the media hype surrounding the original Star Wars film: the lyrics include the lines "And evil Darth Vader he's been banished to Mars" and "Or are you like a droid, devoid of emotion", and the titular "starship trooper" could refer to Luke Skywalker[original research?] or to the novel "Starship Troopers" by Robert Anson Heinlein. The song also samples music from Star Wars, Thus Spoke Zarathustra (from 2001: A Space Odyssey), and the "spaceship communication" melody from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Many of the lyrics contain sexual innuendo; for example, "Take me, make me feel the force". Other science fiction references include: "I lost my heart to a starship trooper", "Flash Gordon's left me, he's gone to the stars", "What my body needs is close encounter three", "Static on the comm – it's Starfleet Command" and "Fighting for the Federation" (which could refer to Star Trek, Blake's 7 or Starship Troopers).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Note that the remainder of this article is confused about this.[what?]

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

yeah, wasn't he found in an abandoned hanger and it turned out the whole manhunt had mostly been a waste of time and money

vice.com writer spotted

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
I lost my heart to a starship trooper is the finest work of video entertainment in the medium.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol a portuguese bot auto-added a pic of some brazilian renovation workers to a danish article about the historical outcasts who emptied latrines 3 years ago & its still there

https://da.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Natmand&diff=prev&oldid=8305959

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

lol a portuguese bot auto-added a pic of some brazilian renovation workers to a danish article about the historical outcasts who emptied latrines 3 years ago & its still there

https://da.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Natmand&diff=prev&oldid=8305959

this is apparently what wikipedia thinks is the dansk equivalent of "waste collector" or "garbage man"

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
ah gently caress i signed my post

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Krankenstyle posted:

the historical outcasts who emptied latrines 3 years ago
very recent history

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Farmdizzle posted:

this is apparently what wikipedia thinks is the dansk equivalent of "waste collector" or "garbage man"

which is this article:
https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skraldemand

someone hosed up the interwiki links I guess

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sham bam bamina! posted:

very recent history

:doh:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

which is this article:
https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skraldemand

someone hosed up the interwiki links I guess

Interwiki links are weird poo poo. Occassionally you can run into an article which has only a couple of interwiki (other language) links. Then if you go to a literal translation of that title on another language wiki that wasn't in the first interwiki links list, it DOES exist, and it has a bunch of OTHER interwiki links itself, basically all the ones that were missing from the first article.

I once tried to fix a case like that. Makes you leave Wikipedia and use an incredibly awkward WikiMedia interface of some kind. Turns out that for an interwiki entry, there can only be one wikipedia page per language, and usually in those cases, there's one or two languages where the topic is for some reason split up in two separate pages, and the wiki bots just randomly coupled half the other languages to one of those pages and the other half to the other. To fix that is to get into that annoying interface, first go to the "wrong" collection, remove all interwiki links one by one, then go to the "right" collections, re-add all of them there (you can't do that in one go because a page can only exist on one interwiki entry), and by doing so, leaving that one language's 'duplicate' orphaned. And then hope idiots or bots don't go changing it back. Oh yes, and if you don't have an account on that WikiMedia thing, they keep rate-limiting your IP so you can change only one link per hour or whatever.

So, like so many things on wikipedia, it's usually not worth the effort. It doesn't even sound hard to automate but lol if you think WikiMedia makes anything straightforward.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea im not gonna fix this poo poo :effort:

also lol Skraldemand (lit. garbage man) interwiki links all point to Cleaner in various languages. what a mess

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

and?? i need closure on this plot synopsis

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
gerard butler is dracula

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

this movie's dumb and awesome

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

gerard butler is dracula
i knew it!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Glorgnole posted:

this movie's dumb and awesome

i saw it in the theater

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a really dumb friend of mine saw it in the theater and when he liked it i knew i would never watch it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The fact that he did not have—and had not previously considered the need for—larger tortillas suggests that the birth of the Mission burrito as we now know it did not come earlier than that time. Yet the Mission burrito does have historical forebears in burritos made elsewhere.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, doesn't sound like a difficult man to me

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Proyecto_-_cambio_de_color.ogv

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Through El Padrecitos Online Church, Homies have made it easier for society to connect with those looking to improve their lives; on the website people can create religious figurines, such as saints.[1]

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Becker has recently created works related to the video game Minecraft such as the video "Animation vs. Minecraft"[4] and a world map based on the Studio Ghibli film My Neighbor Totoro.[5]

Becker also created a series of "how-to" videos regarding animation based on the "12 basic principles of animation" which was uploaded on his secondary YouTube channel "Alan Becker Tutorials".[6] The most popular video on his channel is Animation vs. Minecraft, which has more than 86 million views.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound, known in Japan as Dragon Ball Z: The Galaxy's at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy (Japanese: Z !! Hepburn: Doragon Bru Zetto: Ginga Giri-Giri!! Butchigiri no Sugoi Yatsu),

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound

these netflix originals are out of control

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Super Incredible Guy

mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Some religious anarchists, who combine neopagan religiosity and anarchist ideas, use a modified version: "Many Gods, No masters".