Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

theflyingorc posted:

found the guy who reads this thread and removes fun things

also the real crime is the removal of [cetacean needed]

it was a sad day when we lost the In Poplar Culture section of some tree fungus page

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fisherman's friend is not a "sweet". it's a cough drop that can eat through the back of your skull

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

raminasi posted:

it was a sad day when we lost the In Poplar Culture section of some tree fungus page

i maintain that the purge was fyad's doing

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the aunt beru entry gets me every time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

prefect posted:

fisherman's friend is not a "sweet". it's a cough drop that can eat through the back of your skull

try Turkish Pepper

salmiak owns

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_(comic)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

what this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_(comic)

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

prefect posted:

Victory V is also on that list, originally they contained chloroform and diethyl ether.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Krankenstyle posted:

salmiak owns

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I also love salmiakki

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

watch your blood pressure if you eat a lot of salty licorice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Beginning in the early 1930s, scientists at Rawalpindi sent Indian soldiers, wearing shorts and cotton shirts, into gas chambers to experience the effects of mustard gas. The scientists hoped to determine the appropriate dosage to use on battlefields. Many of the subjects suffered severe burns from their exposure to the gas.[4] According to the report severely burned patients were often very miserable and depressed and in considerable discomfort.[5]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
After the invention of the printing press by Johannes Gutenberg in 1440, numerous books have been self-published.[8]

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

The idea of chronologies that differ from the conventional chronology can be traced back to at least the early 17th century. Jean Hardouin then suggested that many ancient historical documents were much younger than commonly believed to be. In 1685 he published a version of Pliny the Elder's Natural History in which he claimed that most Greek and Roman texts had been forged by Benedictine monks. When later questioned on these results, Hardouin stated that he would reveal the monks' reasons in a letter to be revealed only after his death. The executors of his estate were unable to find such a document among his posthumous papers.[11]
i gotta say thats a p epic troll

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
they should've gotten some monks to just write one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

FMguru posted:

i gotta say thats a p epic troll

I've always hoped that Fermat's Last Theorem was just Fermat having a laugh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've always hoped that Fermat's Last Theorem was just Fermat having a laugh
the theorem was proven in the '90s

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i don't really understand the notation (wtf is a quadruple equals sign?) but it turns out the answer was:

8=====D~~~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the theorem was proven in the '90s

presumably meaning that he was having a laugh claiming to have a proof, which actually seems very likely to be the case

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

presumably meaning that he was having a laugh claiming to have a proof, which actually seems very likely to be the case

yeah the proof was a hundred pages long and involved many concepts that had not been developed at the time so unless fermat was secretly the greatest mathematician who ever lived he did not have a proof

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Isn't there a very simple almost-but-not-quite proof which is what we suspect Fermat had?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Vengaboys are a Dutch Eurodance group based in Rotterdam. The brainchild of two Dutch producers Wessel van Diepen and Dennis van den Driesschen (Danski and Delmundo), the group consists of lead vocalist Kim Sasabone, vocalist Denise Post-Van Rijswijk and male vocalists Robin Pors and Donny Latupeirissa. Contrary to what the group's name suggests, the Vengaboys features male and female performers.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
[adds "vengaboys" to "list of technically gender-neutral band names" right next to "beastie boys"]

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

quote:

Known for Ironic humor and skeleton art image macros

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
not worthless:

quote:

Courses include "the art of lockpicking. Traveling on foot. The exhilaration of being shot at unsuccessfully. The athletic side of filmmaking. The creation of your own shooting permits. The neutralization of bureaucracy. Guerrilla tactics. Self reliance."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
:nws:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pussyhook-drawing-bw.svg

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

egyptian hieroglyphs as an art style for kink diagrams is a bold choice

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Sisai Data

Particulars Total Male Female Total No. of Houses 1,877 - - Population 11,892 6,259 5,633 Child (0-6) 2,202 1,127 1,075 Schedule Caste 918 444 474 Schedule Tribe 1 0 1 Literacy 66.08% 78.54% 55.25% Total Workers 3,602 2,306 1,296 Main Worker 1,616 0 0 Marginal Worker 1,986 1,011 975

In Sisai Village you find 15 of 100 Young working in govt sector, 30 in foreign, 20 are engineer or doctor,2 are in civil service and rest are in private secotr. Sisai is one of the leading village in India which brings foreign money in India. Religious places are :- Maa Kali Mandir & maa durga mandir, A historical Mela used to gather on 15 August Every Year, one priest of Maa Kali is Acharya Ramesh Mishra from Sisai 51 Tola with other bhaktagans organised this holy Mela every year. one pustakalya (library) make 1984. and govt hospital make in 1990.

You can find buses from Sisai to every city of Bihar. (Discovered by Kunal Kumar ! )

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

not worthless:

herzog?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haveblue posted:

yeah the proof was a hundred pages long and involved many concepts that had not been developed at the time so unless fermat was secretly the greatest mathematician who ever lived he did not have a proof

we don't know that there isn't a simple proof though, unlikely, but a sort of human-fallability sort of unlikely rather than a statistical unlikelihood

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Jujyfruits' most prominent appearance in pop culture came in the TV series Seinfeld's fifth season finale, "The Opposite", where Elaine Benes buys a box of Jujyfruits at a movie theater.

what about eddie murphy's "raw", you philistines? :doom:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just looked him up. apparently eddy murphy is the name of some old dude?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
goddamn. loving owned.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
rassem frassem :rant:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

fart simpson posted:

i just looked him up. apparently eddy murphy is the name of some old dude?

he's a successful voice actor best known for playing the donkey from shrek*

*an old movie that contributed to the popularization of "all star" by smash mouth, a popular meme

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

prefect posted:

what about eddie murphy's "raw", you philistines? :doom:

lol at the thought of some woke millennial looking this performance up and jets of steam spurting out of their ears. it has not aged well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also known for being in one of the biggest cinematic disasters of all time