Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
disappointing he didn't name the brewing company after anything related to that. dead man's lager. the malty gas chamber. uh, something about ipas maybe? anyway, max dog brewing just sounds lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lol i expected it to be about bitcoin or something like that

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
An excavator that is in a hole, and per the Law of Holes, has stopped digging.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
This first hexadecimal system, proposed in the 19th century, has thus far not achieved widespread usage.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
recently lost all his coins. that's what made me remember this tonal stuff and look it up because i didn't remember anything about it other than "bong". turns out that's the only thing worth remembering about it

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Glorgnole posted:

Contents

1 Life and career
2 Skull
3 Notable compositions

the 50 cent article is shorter than i'd have expected

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
any sufficiently advanced friendly ai would go "holy loving poo poo you people are so goddamn stupid even by your own standards; you're like a plague of locusts upon this planet and god help the galaxy if you ever leave this gravity well" and then proceed to figure out if we can be fixed or if we should just all be sterilized and put out of our misery in the kindest way possible

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
harsh but fair

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bad_dogs

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
anorectal biofeedback

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i imagine there's significant overlap between the two groups

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

how the gently caress do you eat an entire cessna

very carefully

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

lol seriously

and a 500 meter long steel chain in one sitting? how does that even work? like regardless of link size that's insanely heavy

i assume once you've got the first length completely through it becomes a lot easier since you can just start pulling on it

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
"asbestos gooch" isn't that bad of a cocktail name tbh

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Kazinsal posted:

The actual winner, Thomas Hicks, was near collapse and hallucinating by the end of the race, a side effect of being administered brandy, raw eggs, and strychnine by his trainers.

lol at taking a poison that can kill you at like 100mg to put you on the verge of muscular convulsions so it's easier to keep moving even when you're dead tired. it's literally what one of the cyberware implant that boosts reflexes and movements does in shadowrun and it's one of those with the biggest side-effects. they were pretty hardcore back then

i think they should probably go back to that; you're allowed to take all the performance boosting drugs you want as long as it's all insanely dangerous stuff

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Tunicate posted:

Objection! Because pdf image compression was turing complete, it is entirely possible to print a larger pdf by simply reprogramming the computer reading it.

get some demoscene guy to convert your pdf to 3kb of postscript code and shove that directly into the printer

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
never heard of him before either. but apparently capitalizing random words and signing your posts predates the internet:

quote:

The first edition of A Pickle for the Knowing Ones is 8,847 words long, totaling 32 pages. The book contains no punctuation, many misspellings and grammar mistakes, and randomly capitalized letters.
[...]
The text is structured like a series of letters; each section is signed "Timothy Dexter" at the bottom, with some containing headings like "From the museum of Timothy Dexter, esq."[9]

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
All of this demonstrated that Japan was now part of the first world and a technological leader, and at the same time demonstrated how other countries might modernize.[45] In preparation for the games, 200,000 stray cats and dogs were rounded up and killed.[47]

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that's just how chemistry worked back then. synthesize some weird new organic molecule no one's seen before then give it the taste test

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The Culm Measures are a thick sequence of geological strata originating during the Carboniferous Period that occur in south-west England, principally in Devon and Cornwall, now known as the Culm Supergroup. Its estimated thickness varies between 3600 m and 4750 m though intense folding complicates it at outcrop.[1] They are so called because of the occasional presence in the Barnstaple–Hartland area of a soft, often lenticular, sooty coal,[2] which is known in Devon as culm.[3]

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
look that's just how things worked in the post-war years. there was all this awesome wartime research that was starting to be broadly available and by god it was gonna be used for something. sometimes that meant strapping yourself to a rocket sled, or making popcorn with a radar dish, and sometimes it meant gassing fields with nerve agents to get rid of bugs and probably gophers and rats too as a bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

darthbob88 posted:

I just love the tone and phrasing of this article overall.

Incomplete, initially unidentifiable human remains caused by total body disruption may be referred to as "disassociated portions".[6]

well i learned something today