Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Neu posted:

Hey religion is really dumb lets not talk about it.

Religion is actually really cool from a historical standpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Wit_Sponge posted:

So is hitler...

Yes, most madmen who rise to power are!

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Nevergirls posted:

when did this start happening?

Only a few days ago. It popped up on some articles I was reading.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Well, an article. It was on Corey Haim.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

That table of contents is longer than some articles.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

But anime is just cartoons. It's loving drawings that are put into goddamn sequence and refreshed to give the impression of motion. They are literally nothing but cartoons.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

What really loving gets me, though, is that apparently getting lumped in with "cartoons", which have a pretty goddamn rich history in entertainment, regardless of country, is some sort of grand insult. That and the fact that they think that Japan was aiming anime at older audiences before everyone else, despite the fact that the Flintstones was just The Honeymooners set in the stone age for the entire first season.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

I mean, jesus christ, a lot of these people write off western animation entirely just because it's not from Japan. Yes, a lot of mass-produced media is awful, that's always been the case! So you have to dig a little to find the good stuff. And you know what? Start digging in France, because France is a goddamn champ at putting effort into some of their productions!

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Shaggar posted:

france was overrated before japan. its someone elses turn.

Unlike Japan, france is willing to animate entire faces rather than just making a snout face and slapping a mouth on the side like a loving flounder.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

dreamworks-face.png

Dreamworks face is really annoying but it hasn't actually appeared in great amount in any Dreamworks movie since Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (and maybe Bee Movie, I didn't bother with that). It's mostly just a promotional gimmick that gets slapped on posters because most people don't actually notice it on a conscious level.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

fishmech posted:

nearly all cartoons are animated in studios in South Korea. the amount of money the owners in other countries put up determines how much animation effort is put in.

all of hanna-barbera's cartoons did similar animation cheats to cheaply done Japanese cartoons. fred flintsone's stubble allowed them to actually animate the face less without it looking weird and so on.

idk what french cartoons you're talking about but the only difference between them and japanese or american cartoons is likely paying Kim-il-Kimchi Sung Jun Animation Happy Conglomerate of Seoul an extra $10,000 per episode

lol episodic format TV shows. Get a budget, fag.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

got dat wmd posted:

tossgirl is ugly as poo poo even for an asian

She looks completely plain to me. Sorry about your GBS level standards of beauty.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Cosmo Clock 21 posted:

a good father

Starcraft: Ghost Dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007