Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Baby (Dragon Ball)

Is this character canon? Is Dragon Ball GT canon? Who decides what is and is not canon, anyway, and is it fact or opinion to say so? An eight-hour duel between two editors culminates in nearly one hundred assorted reverts, arguments posted in edit summaries, and both parties blocked for ignoring 3RR, which brings to mind the 30+-episode battles the series is famous for (with 5+ episodes being used to launch a single attack.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Baby_%28Dragon_Ball%29&dir=next&offset=200608311100&limit=100&action=history

tl;dr two nerds slap fight for eight hours over dragon ball gt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

clockwork sundial posted:

time cube rules qtiyd

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ethnic Hairstyles posted:

also hello

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravure_idol

knowing wikipedia I'm surprised it isn't longer

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Other names

Sissy Comformist (DeviantArt)
ColonelVomit (YouTube)
Stayinmilk (Crash Mania)
DoTheDwah (AvatarSpirit.net)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gay libertarian atheist men's rights activist furry that also somehow supports universal health care

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BillWh0re posted:

since you clicked the link, please tell us what a transformation fetishist is

Coffee Quack posted:

bear doesnt mean furry in the internet sense but in the literal
he is fat and gay and is happy to be fatgay

and hairy

apparently it means he likes seeing people transform into furries

ergo, furry

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

could god create an object so big even he couldn't stretch his anus to accomodate it?

these exist they're called black holes

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

23:45, 14 February 2010 87.194.104.132 (talk) (2,795 bytes) (→Fictional Frogs and toads: Keroro and Sgt Frog are the same)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_geek

quote:

Products

A majority of products sold on ThinkGeek are heavily related to (and sometimes only understood within) Internet culture. Some t-shirt designs include stick figure with a detached buttocks, with "LMAO" as the caption, a ROFLCOPTER (an ASCII drawing of a helicopter made of internet slang), the Intel Pentium Processor logo replacing "Intel" with "Geek", and a pixellated 1up Mushroom from the Super Mario Brothers games series.

Thinkgeek sells more than just T-shirts - they also sell accessories for electronics (such as ipods) and geeky books such as "I can has cheezburger", a book full of lolcats (cats with funny captions)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Estate

quote:

Notable events

My Little Pony: The Movie

The Little Ponies were left homeless when The Witches from the Volcano of Gloom buried Dream Castle with Smooze, a sentient ocean of purple lava. The Moochic created a new home for the Ponies, the Paradise Estate, in a part of Dream Valley the Smooze had not affected. The Witches soon unleashed a second wave of Smooze, which reached as far as the Estate, forcing the Little Ponies to climb to safety on the roof. A massive army of Flutter Ponies fought back with their Utter Flutter, forcing the Smooze back to the Volcano and dumping the witches in it. The Ponies remained in the Paradise Estaste, and the recovered Dream Castle was given to the Grundles, who'd earlier been made homeless by a Smooze attack.[citation needed]

The Ghost of Paradise Estate

The Little Ponies were driven out of their own home by what appeared to be a ghost - in truth, a shape-shifting bird named Pluma - who then utterly destroyed Paradise Estate. Phluma needed an amulet buried beneath Paradise Estate to pay ransom for her grandfather. After Phluma's grandfather was freed, the Ponies stole the amulet back and used it to restore Paradise Estate.[citation needed]

The Glass Princess

The entire Paradise Estate, and all the Ponies within, were turned to glass by the magical pig Porcina. She eventually regretted her actions and reversed the spell.[citation needed]

The Return of Tambelon

The city of Tambelon from the Realm of Darkness materialised in Dream Valley, as it did every five hundred years. Paradise Estate was invaded by Troggles, servants of the city's ruler Grogar. Grogar planned to abandon Tambelon after imprisoning the Ponies inside and allowing it to return to the Realm of Darkness. The Ponies escaped, and the city vanished with Grogar inside. The Troggles abandoned Paradise Estate and adopted a peaceful existence in Dream Valley.[citation needed]

The Magic Coins

Baby Lickety-Split was granted her rashly-made wish that it would never again rain. Without water, the Paradise Estate's gardens died, and the Ponies were left with nothing to fight a huge fire which spread through the grounds of the Estate. Just as the Ponies made preparations to abandon their home, the troll Niblic reversed the spell, summoning rain which extinguished the fire.[citation needed]

Woe Is Me

Paradise Estate was largely demolished by the arrival of Woebegone, a wandering hobo with a history of bad luck.[citation needed]

The Revolt of Paradise Estate

Frustrated at the difficulty of repairing the Estate, the Ponies accepted a can of magic paint, which not only instantly repaired the Estate, but brought it to life. The living furniture soon grew tired of the Ponies and threw them out, whereupon the wizard took over the Estate. When the Ponies and furniture fought back, he removed the spell, making the Estate lifeless again. He was driven away by his own wand which, receiving its own coat of paint, came to life and sought revenge.[citation needed]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

from the Dr. Thunder article:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

tef posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_blowing

this is an awesome article

India T. Murari 1937 Mahatma Gandhi (1927/1929) phooka phooka fasta

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_gaming

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pardot posted:

yospos: doom dev

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlewood

other:
  • Castlewood A guardian on the Meneldor server in LOTRO who has a bloated ego that is wholly undeserved.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

saw a "you have new messages" thing when I went to wikipedia a little while ago, I think they must have sent this to everyone of my IP address because I wasn't logged in:

Cybercobra (talk | contribs)
(General note: Vandalism on C++. (TW))
Current revision as of 08:40, 27 September 2009

[edit] September 2009

Information.svg Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to make constructive contributions to Wikipedia, at least one of your recent edits, such as the one you made to C++, did not appear to be constructive and has been reverted. Please use the sandbox for any test edits you would like to make, and read the welcome page to learn more about contributing constructively to this encyclopedia. Thank you. C++ may suck, but that doesn't mean its article deserves vandalism. Cybercobra (talk) 08:40, 27 September 2009 (UTC)

If this is a shared IP address, and you didn't make any unconstructive edits, consider creating an account for yourself so you can avoid further irrelevant warnings.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

File:Eva027.jpg

Non-free media use rationale for Shinji Ikari

Description

Shinji Ikari and Asuka Langley Soryu from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion

Purpose of use

The image shows Shinji and Asuka in their classroom, and shows part of the standard desk computer terminals which each student uses in class. Asuka is staring at him how cute

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kenjamin leads the way

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

nosubsgo posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego%3F_%28game_show%29#Variations

in case you wanted an exhaustive list of differences between episodes of where in the world is carmen san diego

In non-pilot early episodes, the Chief would congratulate the sleuth for capturing Carmen. This has only occurred at least twice.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BillWh0re posted:

p sure this has already been posted but im posting it anyway :nws: http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Sex_drawings_by_User:Seedfeeder :nws:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Involuntary celibacy (or incel)[1]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

notMordecai posted:

lmao

the best thing on wikipedia

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

YOSPOS: Image:Ejaculation.ogg

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

good thing it's available for use under the GNU Free Documentation License

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Varkk posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Malamanteau

A massive wall of text arguing over whether a a word invented in a joke about wikipedia editors from a webcomic needs an article and what form such an article should take. Of course this is probably what the author of the comic wanted and he is probably fuelling the debate through several alt. accounts.

i love the sarcasm

Malamanteau
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

The use and purpose of this redirect is currently being discussed by the Wikipedia community.
The outcome of this discussion may result in a change of this page, and possibly its deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.

So, from one part it say about freedom to edit and from other part is censoring an article without giving so much information about the causes. So, it is not strange that some schools decided to ban wikipedia. Anyways,from Urban dictionary:

Malamanteau
A word defined to infuriate Wikipedia editors <-- is true.

--201.222.139.138 (talk) 16:18, 12 May 2010 (UTC)--201.222.139.138 (talk) 16:18, 12 May 2010 (UTC)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

D. melanogaster posted:

holy gently caress this is depressing

how can anyone waste so much time arguing futilely?

:negative:

self-reposting from the start of the thread but whatevs:

Baby (Dragon Ball)

Is this character canon? Is Dragon Ball GT canon? Who decides what is and is not canon, anyway, and is it fact or opinion to say so? An eight-hour duel between two editors culminates in nearly one hundred assorted reverts, arguments posted in edit summaries, and both parties blocked for ignoring 3RR, which brings to mind the 30+-episode battles the series is famous for (with 5+ episodes being used to launch a single attack.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...&action=history

tl;dr two nerds slap fight for eight hours over dragon ball gt

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bomberman

Roses are...also beautiful when they scatter.
Who: Eagle Bomber
Source: Bomberman Generation
Notes: The Eagle Bomber was a member of an organization known as the Crush Bombers, which formed a coalition with Bomberman's primary adversary, the Hige Hige Bandits. Upon venturing through the ruins of Tako Desert, Bomberman is soon confronted and challenged by the Eagle Bomber. After being defeated by Bomberman, the Eagle Bomber utters his last words as he falls on his back with spread arms, exploding upon impact.

also:

Last Words in Final Fantasy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

found the most worthwhile thing on wikipedia:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

David Graeber attempts to synthesize the insights of Karl Marx and Marcel Mauss. He sees value as a model for human "meaning-making". Starting with Marxist definitions of consumption and production, he introduces Mauss’s idea of "objects that are not consumed" and constructs a list of things that are neither consumption nor production. Graeber’s list includes those human activities that are not consumption, in the narrow sense of simply purchasing something, and are not production, in the sense of creating or modifying something intended for sale or exchange. It includes:

* cooking a meal
* extinguishing a fire
* dressing and undressing
* applying makeup
* watching television
* playing in a band
* falling in love
* reading
* listening to music
* going to a museum or gallery
* taking a photograph
* gardening
* writing
* conducting a coming of age ceremony
* going window shopping
* exercising
* acting
* turning around in a circle
* teaching
* having an argument
* playing games
* having sex
* attending a religious service
* looking at old photos

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kirk posted:

turning around in a circle

a marxist critique of aspies

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Coffee Jones posted:

It's amazing. They managed to wedge an 'in popular culture' into an economics article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble

it's all a very serious description of how not to burst a bubble, and then some mouthbreather starts talking about video games.

well it is about japan

also, if you follow the links on the page it leads you to like eight other famous economic bubbles, one of which was the recent US one

not one of them have an "in popular culture" section

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 13, 2010

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Frt755_1.ogg

Description
My Fart

Date
2 August 2006(2006-08-02)

Source
Own work

Author
Horst Frank

Permission
(Reusing this file)
GFDL

the important part of farting is that it's available under a license that's free (as in freedom)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lamont Cranston posted:

reminder that the notion of purging wikimedia of garbage like this had the entire "community" fuckin furious

my... my open source farts... :negative:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LunixArchduke posted:

general fart distribution license

farting wants to be free

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LinuxGirl87 posted:

:negative:

"SkyOS Involvement with free software posted:

Often, SkyOS is accused of violating the GPL. That is, since developing an operating system is thought to be an exceedingly complex task, the conclusion is drawn by some that Szeleney must have stolen code from free software in order for him to have made the progress that he has. In fact, the opposite is implied by Szeleney's public dealings with open source developers.[11] Even when not required under license, Szeleney has consistently published changes made to open source works used in SkyOS.[12]

He also writes the wikipedia entry.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Footboy posted:

One of the worst things to come about from Wikipedia's push for strictly creative-commons content is the choice of what images to use on a celebrity's page. It's not as bad as it used to be now that iPhones can take photos comparable to digital cameras, but you still get poo poo like this.

As an example, here's an image from comedian Jim Breuer's Facebook page. It's a nice press photo taken last year. However, it's totally not a creative-commons image! There's no Wikipedian who can upload that image and go "I, SonOfHugeFarts, hereby release this image into the public domain~."

So, instead, Wikipedia's representative image of Jim Breuer is this piece of poo poo someone pulled off of flickr and cropped:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Breuer

wouldn't using a non-creative-commons photo (like this press photo) on wikipedia be covered under fair use?

they do poo poo like that all the time provided it's for strictly non-commercial use

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the lamest edit wars page is the best thing wikipedia ever produced

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_edit_wars

Talk:Lolicon

Edit war over whether the template at the top, announcing that the article was speedy kept after an Articles for Deletion debate lasting less than an hour, should include the word "ZOOOOOOOM" to exemplify the speediness of the process. It was kept in until finally being supplanted by a note in the archive box template.

also:

Lolicon has been listed as one of the Arts good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can delist it, or ask for a reassessment.
Article milestones
Date Process Result
January 14, 2006 Articles for deletion Speedily kept
December 13, 2007 Good article nominee Listed
Current Status: Good article

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

clockwork sundial posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence

quote:

Nerve endings in the rectum usually enable individuals to distinguish between flatus and feces, [4] although loose stool can confuse the individual, occasionally resulting in accidental defecation.

good job goons

incontinence can also be a symptom of autism

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NANERPUSS posted:

um cowboy bebop owns shut yo mouth fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

You're telling an Aspie to stop being obsessive? Do you have any idea what the syndrome entails and what the primary symptom is? :p That is all. Rogue 9 23:12, 9 January 2006 (UTC)

Should I know? Should I assume that an editor has a serious neurological condition, and tread carefully around them? I'm sorry, but I refuse to stare at the wheelchair, if you get my meaning. -- Ec5618 23:40, 9 January 2006 (UTC)

I don't expect or want you to stare at the wheelchair, particularly as I don't consider it a disability in the literal sense. FYI, two of the trademarks are obsessive-compulsive behavior and obsessive specialty on a certain subject to the point where the Aspergian knows that subject inside and out. The first part leads to what we saw here, which is a problem when displayed on Wikipedia. The second leads to brilliant article contributions in areas that are the Aspergian's obsessive specialty, which is indispensable. However, all this is ancillary to what I was pointing out, and I didn't even intend it as a criticism; I simply found it funny that Selina Kyle was being told to stop being obsessive on a topic that she's basically bound to be obsessed about, namely her own syndrome. Rogue 9 18:29, 10 January 2006 (UTC)

I am not an established member of the Wikipedia community, so I won't comment on all the technical aspects of this page. However, as a neurotypical who lived with an Aspie for the first eighteen years of her life and currently plans on working with autistic children for a living, I will say that obsessive-compulsive behavior is not a symptom of AS, much less a hallmark of the syndrome. Yes, OCD and Aspergers are often comorbid, but that doesn't mean that the one is characteristic of the other. The claim that people with AS are by definition obsessive-compulsive reflects a serious misunderstanding of the differences between obsessive-compulsive disorder and the "restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped behaviors, interests, and activities" that are characteristic of Aspergers. People with AS are already vastly misunderstood, and when you misrepresent your disorder, you do them all a great disservice. I don't mean to be rude, I just want to encourage you to be more careful with your research in the future. Alt0dos (talk) 17:34, 24 November 2008 (UTC)