Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Am legit somewhat annoyed they break out loyalties like this as it serves to perpetuates the myth that the so-called "Confederate States of America" was a legitimate nation-state rather than the treasonous gang of criminal conspirators that it in fact was (albeit a rather nattily attired one).

it seems to be consistent with how they treat places like taiwan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Then just name the "Country" as "Treasonous Conspiracy in Defense of Slavery"?

join the wikipedia community like they encourage you to on every page and be the change you want to see. you might want to warm up on some less controversial pages like the obviously misnamed pages for chinese taipei and the republic of crimea.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

just imaging little prefect off to spend his hard earned nickel on penny whistles and moon pies :kiddo:

moon pies hell yeah

https://www.amazon.com/Great-MoonPie%C2%AE-Handbook-Ron-Dickson/dp/1589808576

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

In 2009, Masanobu Sato won the Masturbate-a-thon held by the Center of Sex and Culture in San Francisco after masturbating for nine hours and thirty-three minutes.[8]

i didn’t know there was a competition

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

good news, this is the month you’ve been training for your whole life:

International Masturbation Day has since been expanded to include the entire month of May as International Masturbation Month.[6][7][8]

i’m not sure i’m tournament ready if the winner is doing a solid nine and a half hours of jerking.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

a lot going on in italy during the years of lead.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i do not understand the first or third one of these "mnemonics" at all

roll looks like a cat rolling around but the third one is pretty obtuse.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

According to director Morten Lindberg, this was a "dramatic special effect" to illustrate "the world being freed from vicious women".[2]

that article is extremely nsfw if you go looking for it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Inciting significant controversy and anger, Grossman has been documented on video as claiming that when police kill on the job, they often report to him that they go home and enjoy their best sex ever.[9]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

On August 23, 2019, American toy company Hasbro announced a $4 billion purchase of eOne, making them the owners of Death Row Records.[57]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

An apprentice bodyman most likely would have to grind and hand file the lead to a smooth finish for repainting. The master craftsman on the other hand did not have to grind and only had to hand file, if he had to perform any smoothing at all. The true craftsman controlled the flow of lead with his torch and most times could produce a satin finish without filing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

xtal posted:

Yeah, a very small way

microblogging.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tokyo tower is a slightly larger copy of the eiffel tower.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

I've been here 9 years and my gimmick is just as well-regarded as ever, though?

brutal self-own. absolutely savage.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the dark souls of shipwrecks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i feel like after coming back seven or eight times you'd pick up the vibe back at the base and maybe next time out you defect or something

when the imperial armed forces have been using suicide planes as weapons lol if you think you’re getting anywhere near a place you could surrender in a plane.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

"She is of African-American, Narragansett and Cape Verdean descent on her father's side, and German, French, and English, Scottish and Irish (semi pan-British Isles) descent on her mother's."

the term "semi-pan-british isles" is really cracking me up. big gently caress you to wales there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Little Death posted:

Shoudl still call them landship imho. Tank is a dumb name.

Just look at this etymological origin:

Dumb. as. hell. :colbert:

yeah a code name is pointless if you start using it to openly describe the thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

or just change it, if it's niche enough nobody will notice or care.

one of the demonstrated shortcomings of wikipedia is that it reflects what "everybody knows" but not necessarily what's factual.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Continuity RCP posted:

It's about a British public figure

There's a citation to a newspaper article that just doesn't say the thing it's supposed to

Edit: not royalty or anything, an advisor to the PM. There's a claim she was a member of a Trotskyite group in the 90s that's become "common knowledge" but the group basically didn't exist when she was supposed to be a member. It's a dumb thing the bugs me

enjoy the slapfight in the talk page i guess.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The game resembles SimCity with different graphics, disasters, and rules, the former to represent oil tanker ports, petroleum storage and piping systems.[8] The user's role in the simulation was the plant manager of a refinery. One of the things the user learned was about supply and demand and how it affects the financial situation.[9] The game was not defined to be an accurate representation of the chemical processes of a plant, as this would have been considered extremely dangerous.

the infamous simrefinery.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

An unintended emergent behavior of the code caused hundreds of himbos to swarm and crowd around the helicopter, where they would be slashed up by the blades, and then need to be air-lifted to the hospital—which earned the player easy money.

simcopter :allears:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

im sporfin here

spomarf

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

The chorus is sung by a number of gun-toting white South Africans and a sheep, out on safari wearing Springbok jerseys, who bluntly describe themselves in a variety of insulting ways, such as "arrogant bastards who hate black people", "ignorant loud-mouths with no sense of humour" and "talentless murderers who smell like baboons".

i met a nice south african in college; it took me an entire semester to figure out where her dreamy accent was from. :allears:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ugh geez we had one of these in one of our buildings last year. i don’t think they ever caught them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

Michael Ironside as Ham Tyler

never go full ham

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

try and guess what it is before clicking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chome

:chome:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

would not eat these pickles

i think i understand how bad dragon got started.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

A cheese roll (occasionally known by the older name of cheese roll-up) is a snack food similar to Welsh rarebit, but created by covering a slice of bread in a prepared filling consisting mainly of grated or sliced cheese, and then rolling it into a tube shape before toasting.

spawn more overlords

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gongoozler

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i’m baggy

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/-gPuH1yeZ08

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

awesomeolion posted:

Women are said to "react with shock if you joke that maybe they secretly smoke in bathrooms".

citation needed

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

my current dumbest thing on wikipedia is the donation nag that keeps showing up after i gave them some money.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

having given them money, you are the dumbest thing on wikipedia. sorry

i look at it enough that fair’s fair. never made an account, which would probably banish the nag.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pablo pricasso is a pretty great username.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:laugh:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Banks has had feuds with people including Pabllo Vittar, Grimes, Elon Musk,[112] Remy Ma,[113] Cardi B, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Marina Diamandis, Charli XCX, Lady Gaga, T.I., Iggy Azalea, Action Bronson, Lil' Kim, Skai Jackson, Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams, Erykah Badu, Kreayshawn, Rihanna, ASAP Rocky, Baauer, Nicki Minaj, Sia, Dominique Young Unique, Jim Jones, Beyoncé, Angel Haze, Lily Allen, RZA, SZA, Rico Nasty, Lupe Fiasco, Eminem, RuPaul, Perez Hilton, Nick Cannon, Diplo, Shea Coulee, Funkmaster Flex, The Stone Roses, K. Michelle, Shystie, Amanda Brunker, Troy Carter, Cupcakke, Mariah Lynn, DC Young Fly,[114] Disclosure, Lizzo, Kim Petras, Slayyyter, Adrian Grenier, Busta Rhymes, Dave Chappelle, Anthony Fantano and Wendy Williams, among others.[115][116]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

marvel up your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

armor wars might be okay, it was a fun comic storyline 20 years ago.