Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

quote:

Ham and cheese sandwich - Content is "A ham and cheese sandwich is
a sandwich composed of bread, ham and cheese." Explain significance.
Meelar (talk)20:18 , May 13, 2005 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
WikiSnype, the snype anyone can make

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
He was saved from suffering a more serious injury thanks to the pair of USC cheerleader boots he was wearing as part of a hazing ritual.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_food_cake#Molecular_and_structural_composition

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

rotor posted:

huh, once last year and then like 7 years ago

threads last too long imo

this is how i found out i posted in this thread twelve loving years ago

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
i read the french wikipedia p often for things and this seems to be in line with their long-held style, so it was only jarring to me in thinking i was on the wrong language at first. otherwise i'm cool with it

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
The Christian Science Monitor said it had "sufficient excitement".

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Carthag Tuek posted:

wow, rare to see "it is become" type grammar in english (idk the term), its regular & common in the other germanic languages i know but feels weird and biblical in english, so what the hell is going on here i love it

is it a remnant like indian english "the needful"?

for me it's simply incorrect, should be "it has become"

fake edit: in french they use the "to be" verb for the past tense devenir ("to become") so idk that could be part of it

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
incorrect means correct?! what a country!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

quote:

The term "pizza effect" was coined by the Austrian-born Hindu monk and professor of Anthropology at Syracuse University, Agehananda Bharati

[...]

Although Bharati's knowledge of pizza history was incorrect, the term pizza effect nonetheless stuck.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
James called his crew for a drill and to test a new self-bailing, self-righting surfboat. For more than an hour the 75-year-old man maneuvered the boat through the boisterous sea. He was pleased with the performance of the boat and the crew. Upon grounding the boat he sprang onto the wet sand, glanced at the sea and stated, "The tide is ebbing" and then fell dead on the beach from a heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
gee, thanks

Only registered members can see post attachments!