Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11_%28number%29

quote:

Eleven is the 5th smallest prime number. It is the smallest two-digit prime number in the decimal base; as well as, of course, in undecimal (where it is the smallest two-digit number). It is also the smallest three-digit prime in ternary, and the smallest four-digit prime in binary, but a single-digit prime in bases larger than eleven, such as duodecimal, hexadecimal, vigesimal and sexagesimal. 11 is the fourth Sophie Germain prime, the third safe prime, the fourth Lucas prime, the first repunit prime, and the second Good prime. Although it is necessary for n to be prime for 2n − 1 to be a Mersenne prime, the converse is not true: 211 − 1 = 2047 which is 23 × 89. The next prime is 13, with which it comprises a twin prime. 11 is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n − 1. Displayed on a calculator, 11 is a strobogrammatic prime and a dihedral prime because it reads the same whether the calculator is turned upside down or reflected on a mirror, or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Public Enema posted:

this article says prime 25 times
17 of those are in that block of text you quoted

spergin' out loud :)

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sorry, page contains the world's most awesome president, thus it is not worthless.

4lokos basilisk fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 13, 2010

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recurring_alien_characters_in_Stargate_SG-1

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Serious question: Why is it Japan? Why not Brazil or Russia or Nigeria or Germany? Why Japan?

Name a movie where the asian character is not a superhuman badass.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

quote:

names

Ok so my point was that more often than not, in movies from the western culture, the asian (japanese) member of the cast is portrayed as some paragon of virtue (either they know martial arts, are origami wizards or generally seem to be above it all). The only two movies I remember seeing asian characters drink their worries away are Karate Kid and Orgazmo, and I'm not sure about Orgazmo.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Gentle Autist posted:

your point is trash

:saddowns:

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boon-Ga_Boon-Ga

actually this may classify under the hosed up things on wikipedia denominator

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

well not that specific ad. pretty sure he started in ads though. maybe that movie that came before the tv series instead? wikipedia doesn't give many dates for him

it was a character that nelson mandela created in his letters before he died in jail

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Resting Lich Face posted:

Huh. Reading the rest of the article and it's mostly fine. WTF with that introduction though.

activation codes for sleeper agents

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

With the evolution of the genre it has come to be known by a number of names, including spiral tekno, hardtek, tribetek, tribe and lately evolved in many other subgenres like pumping tek, hardfloor and French core which is a sort of mixture between mainstream Hardcore and Hardtekno, with funny and pumping samples taken from different media supports.

Jungletek and Raggatek is a subgenres derived directly from Hardtek. These well known genres collide to create fast energetic 190 BPM dance floor smashers. Kicked of around 2008 here in the UK Mandidextrous & Vandal were among the first producers to start writing this genre of music. It breathed new life into the underground rave scene not only here in the UK but also picking up a strong following in Italy, Spain and Austria to mention a few. Massive influence for this music also came from the Techno scene in Europe where some of the first underground music lovers started to up the bpm and add variations in structure thus becoming Tekno. Techno in the UK in the early 1990s was based on a bpm of 130-140. By the 2000s music on its never ending journey of progression had gained more speed and Hardtek was starting to dominate UK raves especially in the South and London.. Even Trance had progressed from sweeping delicate melody's to whats now known as Hardtrance a faster, harder more bouncy music to its predecessor. Music all over the underground was getting harder and faster. In today's world the most recent and noticeable evaluation in music is the progression of DnB into Neuro Funk, very similar to DnB but with grittier and harsher bass and synth sounds often using masses of compression to get those tearing bass line which is now worlds apart from one of the original DnB genres pioneered by Carl Cox Jungletechno.

alright in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QTU1-k2LZE

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

adidas

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

now we need to edit things a little bit vis a vis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_of_Roland

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

alexandriao posted:

Ok but see I've done some years of kung fu, and I've also seen a few of the videos in question, and the MMA guy was constantly leaving himself open to attack and the kung fu guy was constantly just doing absolutely loving nothing.

He missed like a dozen takedowns, maybe like 20+ points where the guy just left himself completely open. Every single punch the MMA guy threw was off-balance and could have been turned into an arm lock or a takedown. The kung fu guy had multiple opportunities to break the guy's arm or just do a takedown and slap him on the temples hard and that would very literally be the end of his career. I have absolutely no doubt that the entire thing was rigged because I have no idea how anyone who had done any amount of kung fu could be that incompetent.

apparently the whole point was to show that some self described kung fu masters are full of poo poo. notably the point was not to show mma > kung fu for ever

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

afrofuturism kicks rear end, what the heck is that pic doing in here

due to copyright, wikipedians have to recreate everything visual by themselves and release it under creative commons

this leads to predictably cringe and also unpredictably funny results

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

one of the most consistently funny results is that so many pictures for celebrities, the most photographed people on earth, look like they were taken on flip phones

and any depiction of a marvel cinematic universe character is someone in cosplay

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

prefect posted:

why is there an apostrophe in "CAP'T."? i've seen that before, and now that i think about it, it seems wrong

captain’t

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

The board recruited CEO Gil Amelio, who prepared the struggling company for eventual success with extensive reforms, product focus and layoffs in his 500 day tenure.

lol

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

*points at seagull* trope

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

ultravoices posted:

cow punk more like y’allternative

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

duz posted:

they are as correct as the scots wikipedia is

aha that’s the no correct scots wikipedia fallacy! nice try but i am not falling for this!

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

pointsofdata posted:

That thing is huge. It has like the entire combat history of every USA formation I've clicked on so far

wondering now if there are some classified stuff on there because someone just had to win a modding argument, just like in world of tanks

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Also sagebrush is an insufferable know-it-all

til he is also a draw-it-all

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

The city was renamed after the guy so it's a perfect circle

but since the guy was named after his dad, shouldn’t we update all these references??

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

not to confuse with the newest teledildonics network interface

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Christ Voice: VARY NAICE

hopefully there is also a corresponding fragment with the words “upon a sleeping place larger than four times eight elbow-lengths of a grown man”

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

Ballsack Art is a field of art that involves the creation of works that use or refer to the structural and conceptual properties of

… the works of Honoré de Balzac?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

looks more like a pittsburgh hidebehind to me

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

ipasphixiate

indian palliative ale

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Gubbinal Girl posted:

In France, woad was treated with human urine, by a profession known as pisseurs, who would drink large quantities of beer to provide a sufficient supply. [39]

sometimes i wonder about how we would - in a sustainable and non-polluting way - make all the stuff we used to make somehow before fossil fuel powered industrialization

this post has put one piece of the puzzle in place

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

echino- means 'spike', echinoderm = spiky skin, echinopsis = something that looks spiky, echidna = spiky thing etc.

echi = horny on main

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Internet Poster posted:

The war was fought between the Rajah of Vizianagaram, Vijayaramaraju aided by the Bussy, the then French General and the Rajah of Bobbili. During the battle the Bobbili fort was totally destroyed and many Bobbili soldiers died. There is still a street named after Bussy in Yanam.

the ballad of bussy and bobby lee

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

why would an unfathomably advanced and complex ai even be motivated enough to torture, or not torture? if its something that human minds can not by definition understand then human minds should also not assume that it will act like their projected ideas assume

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

brian wilson seems to have somewhat solved his mental issues now and there are a couple of recent live shows that you can watch on youtube.

he might even be touring and his group is definitely better than mike loves cringe beach boys show that i went to last year

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

While the Wienermobile was not as long as the 1995 version, it was considerably wider and taller.

i didnt know your bikes have their own wiki pages

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Paladinus posted:

How do I print that pdf?

by accident, on the company printer

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

grimes number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Midjack posted:

didn't realize grimace was part of the ftx polycule, why didn't we see him on the stand at sbf's trial?

you got it wrong, thats elon musk on the right and grimace on the left

a picture from happier times