Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

My opinions, though not completely awful are expressed in a tiresome and needlessly aggressive way. Please help me to chill out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops_(comics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

My opinions, though not completely awful are expressed in a tiresome and needlessly aggressive way. Please help me to chill out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Good_articles

quote:

in Country and Western Music – Music of Chrono Cross – Music of Chrono Trigger – Music of Final Fantasy I and II – Music of Final Fantasy III – Music of Final Fantasy IV – Music of Final Fantasy V – Music of Final Fantasy VI – Music of Final Fantasy VIII – Music of Final Fantasy IX – Music of Final Fantasy X – Music of Final Fantasy X-2 – Music of Final Fantasy XI – Music of Final Fantasy XII – Music of Final Fantasy XIII – Music of Katamari Damacy – Music of Kingdom Hearts – Music of the Chocobo series – Music of the EarthBound series – Music of the Final Fantasy VII series – Music of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series – Music of the Final Fantasy Tactics series – Music of the Final Fantasy series – Music of the Mana series – Music of the SaGa series – Music of the Xenosaga series – My World (Justin Bieber album)

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

haveblue posted:

the problem with doing that is that wikipedia has no concept of spoilers

Spoiler may refer to:

* Spoiler (aeronautics), a device to reduce lift in aeronautics
* Spoiler (automotive), a device to modify air flow in order to increase fuel efficiency or improve handling in automobiles
* Spoiler (sports), a team that has been eliminated from the playoffs, and beats a team that required that win to advance
* Spoiler (media), a comment which discloses plot details of a book, play, video game, or film or is intended to distract attention from a rival
* Spoiler (comics), a secondary character in the DC comic book Robin
* Spoiler (film), a comedy film project in New York City
* Spoiler effect, an individual unable to win an election or game for him- or herself, but with the power to determine which player among two or more others will win
* Mighty Spoiler, a popular calypso singer
* Don Jardine, a professional wrestler also known as "the Spoiler"

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

fishmech posted:

thats what the back of the dvd case is for. duh

ftfy

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

qirex posted:

If you use the words "canon" and "retcon" you might be greasy nerd.

Tell that to the dorkroom guys :colbert:

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

haveblue posted:

I found a problem with that list and fixed it

Did you add the line 11 + 0 = 11? If so you own bones and you should make a thread so I can vote it 555555

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

DOOMocrat posted:

This amputation related article is a stump.

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

RZApublican posted:

oh you mean savory

'umami' is the japanese word for monosodium glutamate

though I prefer the term "Roast BBQ Monster Munch"

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

FMguru posted:

The accompanying illustrations for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_%28sex_act%29 are amazing, especially the second one. :nws:, obviously.

this is the funniest poo poo

repost this errday

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Lamont Cranston posted:

also it's been a while since i've taken latin but "Amabo te lege" seems like a strange way to translate "Please read" i mean a direct translation would seem to be "I will love you; read." it seems like you should use a form of "volo" like "velim legas" or something

'Please do this' doesn't have a latin equivalent, you'd probably use the gerundive to implore your audience, stating that this message is something that 'should be read' (hic nuntius omnium legendum est, for example)

cleanhands fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 4, 2010

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

what I'm saying is that anyone who knows latin is smart enough not to edit wikipedia :chord:

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

RZApublican posted:

and that human is far lower than anime

well duh

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

anime is the highest, purest, and (if you like) the most moral form of life

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

RZApublican posted:

This article has multiple issues (It may need to be wikified to meet Wikipedia's quality standards).

This can't be worthless because I'm laughing too much

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

More like Sp. Ed. masters

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Serious question: Why is it Japan? Why not Brazil or Russia or Nigeria or Germany? Why Japan?

because japanese popular culture is uniformly adolescent and simplistic, doesn't interest itself in anything genuinely complicated, and never ever changes

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

cleanhands posted:

because japanese popular culture is uniformly adolescent and simplistic, doesn't interest itself in anything genuinely complicated, and never ever changes

just like every nerd basically

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Breakfast at tiffany's is a cinematic masterpiece

a hong chong ching chong i ram chinerese

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

quote != edit

cleanhands fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 7, 2011

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

wrong thread nm

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

I've decorated my walls with a breakfast at tifany's print on one wall and a le chat noir poster on another

I'll be knee deep in clunge

a bout de souffle posters work best for this idk why

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

rotor posted:

i was all scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll AAAAUGH

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

what a bunch of morons

he clearly is the original donkey kong, otherwise why would he know so much about it??

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

theres no 'in popular culture' section and as a result im beginning to doubt the notability of this subject

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

liberals :argh:

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

I object to the deletion proposal. This video game has received a cult following outside Japan. You should source hunt rather than delete. Most of the sources involving this game are in Japanese. Decimus Tedius Regio Zanarukando (talk) 04:07, 7 February 2008 (UTC)

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

gingerbeard.jpg

three unrelated friends of mine have the brown hair/ginger beard thing going on

maybe i should take pictures of them and replace that ugly sperg on there

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Mufreesboro posted:

:stare: what the gently caress is wrong with those vaginas?

presumably nothing except their owners' taste in spergy amateur photographers

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Heresiarch posted:

This is the guy who got it deleted. The fact that he is a wikipedia admin says pretty much all you need to know about wikipedia.

i figured i'd take a look at his photography and it's really bad

not in an interesting way, just poorly framed boring pictures of not much, taken repeatedly from different boring angles

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

yep he's spergin alright

http://www.schuminweb.com/schumin-web/journal/permalink.php?id=1370

quote:

Metro cars with black floors, wool seats, and overly "busy" patterns...

One of the people I work with, when taking the Orange Line, happened to get Alstom 6027 for their ride into Washington today, and was surprised about the seat patterns being employed there. For those who don't know, Alstom 6027 is one of two Metro cars (the other being its mate, Alstom 6026) that have been outfitted with some new materials that Metro is testing for future use on rail cars. Specifically, Metro is testing out certain types of resilient flooring and different patterns for wool seat pad covers on this car, having first outfitted the cars like this in late 2008.

On the resilient flooring, Metro seems to be primarily testing colors across the 6026-6027 pair. 6026 has a black floor:

And 6027 has a gray floor:

Then Metro is testing four different seat styles in both of these cars (same four styles on both cars). There's solid red:

Some sort of blue-squares-like pattern, called "aura":

A rather busy and colorful blue pattern, called the "balls and seals" version of the "vigor" pattern:

And a black pattern with rainbow accents, another "vigor" pattern called "gray rainbow":

There's also a solid blue, but I don't have a good photo of it to show you. Just use your imagination for a moment, and imagine a strong, mid-tier blue color, and you've got it.

The person I work with saw the "Balls and Seals" pattern, and was less than impressed by it. Personally, I don't think it's the worst of them, but it's not the best, either.

My dream rail car design would be the "gray rainbow" seats on the black floor. I just really like that black floor, and the seats have just enough color and pattern to be fun, but not over the top. Then if I couldn't have the "gray rainbow", I would gladly go for the blue "aura" pattern, and still with the black floor. I'm not too fond of the "seals and balls" pattern because it's a tad too "busy" and too colorful, and the solid red is just too "loud" of a color for Metro, where colors have always been a bit subdued (even the orange seats weren't screaming out, "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M ORANGE!"). The solid blue is also less than appealing for me, because the solid color on fabric seems more prone to showing stains, while a pattern would likely do better at camouflaging stains. Then I don't like the gray floor as much because I just like the black floor so much better.

I get the feeling, however, that once we start to run out of the vinyl seat covers, one of these wool seat cover patterns will start showing up all over Metro, much like the way the CAF carpeting started showing up on many of the 1000-Series cars, and all of the 4000-Series cars once the orange carpeting ran out. Likewise, once the CAF carpeting runs out, I have a feeling that we'll either see one of these types of resilient flooring, or the kind that they tested on Alstom 6104-6105:

By the way, on all of these new flooring styles, I don't like it that Metro doesn't mark the door zones on the floors anymore. On the carpeted cars, Metro has always used a different color of carpeting in the areas right around the doors. It serves as a subtle reminder to "please move to the center of the car" through its different color. For that, I'd hate to lose the door zone floor color change.

So that's Alstom 6026-6027 for you. I believe that these cars give a good idea about what the future of Metro color schemes will look like for a while, but I certainly hope that certain colors being tested don't make it out of testing.

Click the article link otherwise you'll miss out on lots of pictures of empty metro seats

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

Rufo posted:

qi is a pseudo-intellectual circlejerk starring a wannabe oscar wilde + his obsequious sidekicks. its victoria cohen tier tv

1. its victoria coren

2. victoria coren is cool actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

report it for being original content