Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
In which way was this movie anything even resembling a comedy? I saw it as drama all the way. If there was supposed be comedy in it, it was lost on me. Xavius, the Satyr Lord (talk) 12:03, 28 May 2009 (UTC)

Should I remove it? I too didn't see any humor in this movie. In my eyes, it was drama to the max, which led me not wanting to watch it.--Shadow6Wolf66 (talk) 10:47, 6 July 2009 (UTC)

It definitely has more dramatic elements compared to Jim Carrey's other work. Director Peter Weir defined the film as a comedy-drama in the DVD special features because he believed the previous script, which was written more like a psychological thriller, was too dark. It's definitely a comedy-drama. Wildroot (talk) 22:36, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Any examples? I just don't see how this film could be funny, unless it is known for its dark humor.--Shadow6Wolf66 (talk) 13:35, 7 July 2009 (UTC)

The way the general public responds to The Truman Show can be considered at least somewhat satirical and funny, especially with the advent of reality television. I could go on and on. Basically, the first 2/3 of the movie are in the form of a comedy-drama, while the last third is tense (Truman escaping, primarily the scene with the sailboat). I'm too tired to continue on, but yes, there's a lot of morbid humor in the movie. Wildroot (talk) 22:45, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Ah yes, I think I get i now..Thanks for clarifying.--Shadow6Wolf66 (talk) 11:08, 14 July 2009 (UTC)

I personally do not see any way this is a comedy-drama or even a drama-comedy. Perhaps at a pinch it could be a drama/black comedy. 00:07, 27 December 2009 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 86.134.13.103 (talk)
It was far more drama than comedy.--Craigboy (talk) 08:25, 7 May 2010 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
An example of a hentai illustration; the image has been modified to remove censorship that was present in the original artwork.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
I actually find those set of pictures humorous. Unless if it is the purpose of the pics, I think we should replace the image. Akira Tomosuke 08:44, 6 June 2007 (UTC)

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Hydras may not grow old.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Evaporated water cannot be used for subsequent purposes (other than rain somewhere), whereas river water can be re-used.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Within this article, I have noticed that a majority of it pertains to intentional secrets. I remember coming across a term at least half a year ago, now regrettably forgotten by me, which is defined (to the best of my memory) as: a piece of information which stays kept from a person since it is assumed that person already knows. Here is an example of such a case. I apologize now for it being a my little pony fanfic.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

A protected witness guarded by U.S. Marshals

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

worthfull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Because the physics involved in a motorsports event generally propel the racing vehicles along a certain path, and since the racers tend to work with the forces acting on the vehicle and make course changes while not suddenly confronting the forces in play on the vehicle, their locations at certain points along the track can be predicted and their course of travel extrapolated.