Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comic_book_drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

This article is about the album by Ol' Dirty Bastard. For the phrase "nigga, please", see Nigga.
H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation"[10] and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. friend of the family was and still is a word of disrespect."[11] The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights group, condemns use of both nigga and friend of the family.[8]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Georgia/Archive_1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHEN YOU TYPE GEORGIA IN SEARCH WHAT COMES UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Gay_Nigger_Association_of_America

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Gay friend of the family Association of America was nominated as a good article

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lamest_edit_wars

the whole shebang

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_creation/Redirects#Role_of_computer_in_today.E2.80.99s_life

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

it appears that they never resolved it, it goes to a disambiguation page, and georgia (country) is the only country in the world to have (country) appended on wikipedia

:911:

on the other side of the argument, in all discourse in the english language, which is brought up more, Georgia as a country, or as a state?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

has anyone posted wikipe-tan yet

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pawn_Stars_episodes

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Something weird is going on in this article. If you look at the Season 8 part of the article, you'll notice that the Season 8 episode list is not under that header, instead it is under the next header, Home Releases. Initially I opted to use my preferred method of editing, source code, as I thought this was a simple matter of the list being placed in the wrong section of the article. Upon going into source editing, however, I found that the list did indeed seem to be under the Season 8. Couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I decided to give VisualEditor a shot. Since I have very little experience with VisuelEditor, I had very little idea of what to do. I couldn't copy and paste the episode list, and wasn't even sure how to make a new one either. In the end I opted to simply delete the "Home Releases" header above the Season 8 Episode list and make and make a new one below. After doing this, everything seemed to look the way it should while in VisualEditor, but after I saved it, everything after Season 6 on the article was deleted and I got the following was at the bottom in red text "Cite error: There are <ref> tags on this page, but the references will not show without a

template (see the help page)." The results of my editing can be seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Pawn_Stars_episodes&oldid=580252378
Any idea what the problem might be? –Nahald (talk) 03:48, 5 November 2013 (UTC)

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

When asked about distinctive features of their signing, Black Deaf signers tended to identify a number of idioms borrowed from AAE.[38] Some were literal translations like 🇮 🇫🇪🇪🇱 🇾🇴🇺 or 🇬🇮🇷🇱 🇵🇱🇪🇦🇸🇪 which are signed the standard way but have meanings different from their literal interpretation.[39][40] Other loan words modified existing signs like 🇸🇹🇴🇵 🇹🇷🇮🇵🇵🇮🇳🇬 which took the bent-v handshape of trip and moved it up to the head to indicate a new meaning of "stop imagining things."[41]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

AnoHito posted:

Petrosian responded to So with a lengthy message including the comments "You are a biggest looser I ever seen in my life! You was doing PIPI in your pampers when I was beating players much more stronger then you! [sic]"

it's not easy being the second best grandmaster named tigran petrosian

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Schmidt also rates the sting of the warrior wasp as a 4, describing it as "Torture. You are chained in the flow of an active volcano. Why did I start this list?",[3] saying the pain lasts up to two hours.[3]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Prurient Squid posted:

What does he say about bullet bees? I've heard you can taste some real pain with them.

Schmidt's original index rated only one such example, the sting of the bullet ant, as a 4.[1] Schmidt has described the sting as "pure, intense, brilliant pain...like walking over flaming charcoal with a three-inch nail embedded in your heel."[3]

stop it you're creating worth

Tweezer Reprise fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 29, 2021

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Magna Carta (An Embroidery) is a 2015 work by English installation artist Cornelia Parker.[1] The artwork is an embroidered representation of the complete text and images of an online encyclopedia article for Magna Carta, as it appeared in English Wikipedia on 15 June 2014, the 799th anniversary of the document.[1]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Paul Wall shows off his grills with a smiling fan in Baghdad, 2007.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

We suffered and dreamed. We waited for a long time. And when we grew tired of waiting, we decided to fix it all ourselves. We’ve brought together the best of the best and we worked hard. Thus, we have created WIKI 2 which is the magic mirror which reflects Wikipedia and turns it into a beautiful princess. The one, it deserves to be.

Dear reader, it is safe to assume that you use Wikipedia. And you use it repeatedly. It helps you answer many very important questions. It is possible due to the fact that, at the moment, Wikipedia is the largest and most relevant encyclopedia created by humankind. Also, it is the fastest source to get any information. And it's perfectly true.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Beach Boy Al Jardine speculated that Wilson's obsession with the song may have begun after co-writing the song "Ding Dang" with the Byrds' Roger McGuinn in the 1970s.[5] McGuinn explained that Wilson had one day come to his house for amphetamines while escaping from his therapist. After McGuinn spent some time crafting "Ding Dang" with Wilson, he went to bed. The next day, he awoke to Wilson, still awake, and still playing "Ding Dang" on piano. Only one lyric was ever written: "I love a girl and I love her madly / I treat her so fine but she treats me so badly".[6] During sessions for The Beach Boys Love You, engineer Earle Mankey commented that "everybody who showed up got subjected to 'Ding Dang'."[5]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

No one wants to be the skunk at the garden party. But Wikipedia is no longer the fledgling experiment it was back in the 2000s. It's now the world's foremost repository of humanity's collective knowledge, and with that privilege comes some custodial responsibilities. The benefits of humor in helping boost editor retention must be weighed against its potential for disruption. Consider:

Humor is sometimes misinterpreted – sarcasm is hard to convey in writing that lacks the cues of verbal communication. Many editor and administrator hours have been spent resolving disputes arising from this.
Irresponsible humor damages Wikipedia's credibility – we've all worked hard to cultivate the reputation for trustworthiness Wikipedia enjoys. Readers come here expecting information, and when they find jokes instead, they lose faith in our reliability.
Not everyone is looking for humor – Sometimes, an editor is engaged in a serious task and just wants to focus on it. Clear disclosure gives them the option to do so, whereas undisclosed jokes often draw attention and take time to figure out.

Think of the disclosure requirement not as an obstacle, but as a challenge. Humor can still be funny even when it's disclosed — try reading WP:Sarcasm is really helpful with a straight face — it just needs to be, well, good.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

simply don't read the pages that are too hard for you

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

As well as being used by the major free software desktop systems, FreeType has been used as a rasterization engine for modern video games,[77][78][79] and Opera for the Wii.[80]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Even though both skill and chance play a fundamental role in the game, there is no shortage of superstitions in which players believe where they sit, how they hold their pieces or objects they have on their person will somehow affect the outcome. For example, players will try to find seats with the best Feng Shui or wear their lucky clothing or trinkets. Some believe that specific pieces (one dot for example) bode bad luck if received in their opening hand.[46]

More elaborate superstitions in Mahjong range from those found in the game poker, like not counting one's wins and losses, to the comical, like changing one's undergarments after a loss. As with all superstitions in gaming, none of them have been properly demonstrated as effective, though, for some, the rituals have become an integral part of the game experience and its aesthetics.[47]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Internet Explorer 2 is no longer supported, and is not available for download from Microsoft.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/1457905925235298309

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Versions include:

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
If you see a crocodile,
Don't forget to scream.

or:

Row, row, row your boat,
Underneath the stream.
Ha Ha! I fooled you,
I'm a submarine!

Or

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently to the shore.
If you see a lion,
Don’t forget to roar!

Or

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently around the bath.
If you see a large giraffe,
Don’t forget to laugh

Or

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the river.
If you see a polar bear,
Don’t forget to shiver.

Or

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Throw your teacher overboard
And listen to her scream.

and:

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Try to make it back to shore
Before your boat sinks.[6]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Characters
Family

LeBron James plays all of the characters in The LeBrons.[5]

Wise – The old sage that keeps LeBron grounded. Often makes references to his own basketball prowess, claiming to have performed a quadruple double in the state championship. He also likes to tell Athlete Richard Gabriel what "Kobe Bryant" did, referring to Kobe Bryant.[1][3]
Businesss – A slick business/ladies man. Often too busy talking on his cell phone to participate in other activities.[1]
Athlete – The basketball player. Closest to the public's cousin of Richard Gabriel.[1][3]
Kid – A play on Richard's youth compared to other NBA players, he is a youngster just looking to have fun.[1][3]

Others

Erik (voiced by Adam McArthur)[6]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

noob man owned

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Griffith's starter also was found to have two non-pathogenic Streptococcus species, a genus often associated with pneumonia.[1]

The stability of sourdough starters when moving between geographic locations remains an open question to bakers and microbiologists. Bakers anecdotally report that their starters change after they move or take it with them on vacation. It is possible therefore that the current starter is completely different from the original starter from Sequim, Washington, but the Society continues regardless.[1]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

i just like the Wikipedian's Tone of the entire article ok

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

i'm turning my monitor on don't worry

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

owns

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_candies#United_States

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figgy_pudding#/media/File:Figgy_Pudding_with_flaming_brandy.jpg

lmao

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

whoever it is, they feel it's their cop-douche-iary duty

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

The Mirage is set in an alternate history version of the year 2009. Much of the back-story is revealed in excerpts from the Library of Alexandria, this world's version of Wikipedia funded by Muammar Gaddafi.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Since they were the predecessors of the first generation of cellular telephones, these systems are sometimes retroactively referred to as pre-cellular (or sometimes zero generation, that is, 0G) systems.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://wikipulse.com/wiki/Internet ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

the actual, cosmological Center of the Universe, as declared by former Mayor Dick Gillis.[8]