Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
This is from a decade ago, but that figure is really... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Here is a ball. Perhaps you'd like to-

wiki posted:

In the late 1960s, Wham-O made a giant Super Ball roughly the size of a bowling ball as a promotional stunt.[8][9] It fell from the 23rd story window (some reports say the roof) of an Australian hotel and destroyed a parked convertible car on the second bounce.

"It fell."

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

The film is considered a modern and loosely based adaptation of Mary Mapes Dodge's 1865 novel Hans Brinker, or The Silver Skates.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

Gross man

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

M'semen can also be stuffed with meat.

Whole world's topsy-turvy!

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

a truly astonishing amount of dogshit

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed this about Paris.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

human milk is 11 times more umami than cow milk.

I love a good plausibly deniable pun.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

my sister would relish that burnt potato

Weird potato condiment choice but at least she's not ketchuping it.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

A tube man, also known as a skydancer, air dancer, or wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

Modifying words like "fancy" or "choice" have not historically carried any legal meaning in the United States, and they remain absent from the current regulations.[1] In a 1915 federal case against "fancy mixed nuts" that were argued by competitors to be an inferior grade, U. S. v. 25 Bags of Nuts, N. J. No. 4329 (1915), the court declined to accept a trade standard.[16] The ruling said
"It seems to me that until the Department establishes a set standard of quality... it would be altogether unsafe... to make them amenable to such a vague and indefinite standard as I understand the Government seeks to establish by the testimony of men engaged in the business of handling nuts."[17]

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

ask jeeves for the best beeves

I thought you were supposed to use bing for that.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

The 2004 video game Spider-Man 2 features a humorous instrumental version that plays during pizza delivery missions; this has become an internet meme, with the song becoming colloquially known as the "Pizza Theme".[22] The 2018 video game Spider-Man has an orchestral rendition playing outside of a pizzeria as a reference to this.[23]

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

have you ever seen, say, a poster done in ℓαтєχ?

Why yes, I have been to an ACM conference or 2. Institutions make matching templates for their posters and their presentation slides.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
However the action of making the soil bare and exposed to sun is not good and worms do not like it.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
There was an abundance of herring in the United Kingdom after World War II. Clarence Birdseye test-marketed herring fish fingers, a product he had discovered in the United States,[7][8] under the name "herring savouries". These were tested in Southampton and South Wales against "cod fingers", a comparatively bland product used as a control. Shoppers, however, confounded expectations by showing an overwhelming preference for the cod.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
After opening credits underscored by a lively instrumental of "Cheyenne", an old-fashioned 2-4-0 train is seen rolling along through the desert.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

well now i wanna know what it was

e: oh i'm gonna guess nitrogen trichloride

My guess was acetone peroxide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Surprisingly common. I've also encountered apples and recipes with no fruit that have a decent amount of sugar added. A lot of chicken salad varieties are practially desserts.