Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is like the opposite of what this thread should be about.

for a while on 9/11 wiki page there was a subsection about things that defined the 2000s, and it included photo of paris hilton with her thong sticking out the back of her pants lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Suspicious posted:

there's an editor named dragonfly something that edits out most of the funny stuff posted here

wait for real lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i refuse to divorce my fishwife boops boops

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

did the apology last 5 years? drat, dude must have felt real bad

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i dont know if :thatsthejoke: but that species of pepper was incorrectly named "chinese pepper" in the 1700s by the dutch, assuming it originated in china

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Midjack posted:

that's kind of critical to understanding the failure mechanism of the walkway, not worthless at all!

i watched a youtube about a huge collapse that killed a lot of people because they hosed this up

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I remember reading once that a lot of people survived in the water after the titanic sank because their blood alcohol level was high enough that it kept them from freezing to death. idk enough about chemistry or biology to say whether that’s bullshit or not but it sounds cool

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

science fiction tends to assume that advanced AI is indifferent to the needs or desires of humans, much like how we regard insects or bacteria.

in reality, a sufficiently advanced ai would quickly realize that torturing humans is ineffective, and would instead try to render us placid by providing us with everything we need or want.

basically im saying that the matrix got it right

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

asbestos? in my gooch??

i thought this was a shot glass and it was a drink

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I didn’t get to experience pppowerbook or the tour bus thread in real time but I did witness the thread where the guy wanted to get revenge on his neighbor stealing cable so he spliced the cable with a power line or something insane like that and then there was a mysterious fire later. that was bonkers

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

quote:

Commonly referred to as being "blown up"

idk why but this made me laugh out loud

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

graham’s number +1

checkmate, math nerds

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

so many good jokes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l80t8anzVO4

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you are missing the best part which is how they actually accomplish this. what defines the inside of your home? why, the walls that enclose it, of course. so if the neighborhood were walled, you could consider it as one large home. now that neighborhood wall, surely it would need at least one gate, so that people can enter and leave. well, what if we made the entire wall out of gates? that is, we will string up a high wire on poles so that it encloses the neighborhood. the poles are the only "wall" parts of the wall. everywhere else is a gate. mission accomplished

i simply don't practice judaism

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

He had a number of feats he would perform, such as:
  • He would hold his arm out, with fingers outstretched, and challenge people to attempt to bend his little finger.
  • He would stand on a greased iron disk and challenge people to push him off of it.
  • He would hold a pomegranate in one hand, and challenge others to take it from him. Nobody ever could, and despite him holding the fruit very tightly, it was never damaged.
  • He would train in the off years by carrying a newborn calf on his back every day until the Olympics took place. By the time the events were to take place, he was carrying a four-year-old cow on his back. He carried the full-grown cow the length of the stadium, then proceeded to kill, roast, and eat it.

i just watched the tasting history video that mentioned this guy

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

Booing is an act of publicly showing displeasure for someone or something, such as an entertainer or an athlete, by loudly yelling "Boo!" and sustaining the "oo" sound by holding it out.

I was saying boo-urns

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

this is a bunch of bullshit that john boehner made up because he's a pathetic weenie who can't own his own name. not a single other person on the planet named boehner pronounces it "bayner."

it’s pronounced “bouquet” energy

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

goblin week posted:

The game received generally negative reviews, with critics disputing the game's portrayal of Hitler as having two testicles,

lol is this that sniper game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

apparently when they shot the scene where you see santa drunk, riding up the escalator, billy bob was actually poo poo faced and passed out IRL