Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
my favorite thing lately was finding a see also: to temple OS referenced from the hypothetical third temple in Jerusalem page

former yosposter terry davis would no doubt be flattered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

prefect posted:

Cat Creek (also Frantz or Frantzville)[N 1] is an unincorporated community in eastern Petroleum County, Montana, United States.

"petroleum county"? not even making an effort there, montana

the ghost of bill hicks has developed a severe facial tic

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
last i heard this thread was monitored by a humorless wikipedia editor so every chance we get to point something out that is funny in its face or humorless gets “fixed” by some rear end in a top hat

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
it’s 67 you monster

also he was not born in 1967 and furthermore

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
WREATH, worms rule everything about that hellpost, also thanks now I have worms in my brain

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Hello, Helen. Marge.
- Edna.
- Marge.
Uh-- Oh--
Oh, my name is Agnes, and you know it's Agnes!
It means lamb. Lamb of God.
I'm sorry, Agnes.
Marge.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ultravoices posted:

sounds like an alternate history ethnic slur

fuckin' goozers

i feel like there's a rule 34 for ethnic slurs and that at one point this was one, now thankfully lost to time

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DELETE CASCADE posted:

nobody drinks that much and stays that skinny without plenty of cigarettes and adderall

you forgot bulimia

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
two dicks agree

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

By English tradition, ships have been referred to as a "she". However, it was long considered bad luck to permit women to sail on board naval vessels. To do so would invite a terrible storm that would wreck the ship.[citation needed]

well now i'm curious as to why there is no apparent regular wiki article on jane's fighting ships

they stopped referring to them as female several years ago, iirc

https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Jane%27s_Fighting_Ships

military.wikia.org sounds about as reputable as wookipedia

the internet posted:

Jane's Fighting Ships - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Jane's_Fighting_Ships
Jane's Fighting Ships is an annual reference book of information on all the world's warships arranged by nation, including information on ships' names, ...
Missing: gender ‎| Must include: gender

did i imagine this?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

yeah i mean i found the articles but not the reference to when it went out of vogue to use gendered terms for ships

i want to say the late 90s or early 2000s but

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

thank you

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Carthag Tuek posted:

i wish children had the economic and military power to make real countries

big orson scott card fan?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol call of duty, the game series that has promoted and even employed war criminals like ollie north

i've always avoided any game where you play a soldier in a bdu in a desert environment where you kill middle easterners

from counter strike on, never touch the things

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FMguru posted:

About one year later, while interviewed for NME, he went as far as stating that "I don’t like the Eagles. They’re about as exciting as watching paint dry. Their albums are good for keeping the dust off your turntable and that’s about all.”[3]

god bless u tom waits

could i love him more :allears:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
one of the many reasons LCARS is so :coal:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i just enjoy realistic depictions of wwii era elastic shortages

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%90or%C4%91e_Martinovi%C4%87_incident

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I know, and I stole it from the CSPAM Climate Cat rear end Trophy thread

but it's really interesting!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

goblin week posted:

like that’s some loving legacy to leave this world with

i mean it was an interesting way for owen wilson to kind of worm his way in to B actor status

without that guy's assplay we wouldn't have had wedding crashers or the internship

man, gently caress that guy

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

gottem

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

also i've made perhaps a dozen edits over the last few months, mostly just fixing things that bug me like sentence fragments or unclear wording as i would with a student's paper. every one i've gone back to check on has been reverted within 24 hours with no comment, i assume because the king poo poo editors just do that to anonymous edits automatically. gg

i never cared enough to try as i always assumed that was the case but dang

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

It's true. I do know all (in certain fields)

seems like you missed epistemology

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FMguru posted:

Caragonne put on a Walkman containing a cassette of theme songs from the James Bond films, his favorite, and jumped. He fell 500 feet, his 400+ lb. body caroming off ledges and decorations before landing on a buffet table bustling with guests.

loving :black101:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Trivia:
The name "Byrd" is just "Bird" spelled with a "y".

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
saw this and thought it was a wiki thing but apparently it's a search engine thing

bing

google

winner: duckduckgo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Norm McDonald offered Howard Stern the role of Satan but he declined. Adam Sandler was eventually cast instead.

i know this one without cheating

had a long convo about norm with a cabbie

but it's dirty work

recommended

also screwed, but see him on coco or letterman for his best

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The light was on.

also featuring artie lang he had a bad gambling prob like norm, and chris farley

hey wait a moment

imdb posted:

Kevin Farley (accomplished actor, writer, director) has truly established himself as a comedic presence both on the big screen and television. Kevin was born in Madison, Wisconsin, to Mary Anne (Crosby) and Thomas Farley, who owned an oil company. Among his siblings are actors John Farley and the late Chris Farley. He is of Irish heritage. He has ... See full bio »

that's cheating but also never knew that

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
worst pie i ever had was at rat restaurant

had pineapple and almonds

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

theflyingexecutive posted:

In some towns in the Jim Crow south, white shopkeepers wouldn't sell black people toilet paper and they would have to use corncobs if they hadn't stocked up.

dangumbint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZH32FuXeF4

clips from this movie should be relevant but they're always relevant so sorry for the miss

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
:argh:

i just learned that wagons east made a reference to the ambiguously gay duo from snl

it's okay

:tif:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Since 2018, MacDonald has produced more than six hundred follow-up songs. Some bear the "Ram Ranch" title and all of them expand on the "gay cowboy" storyline.

going for possibly the best u/n combo possible

chaps in chaps

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shaggar posted:

vessels to bear the name Enterprise

there's also english onez but i got lost in the disambiguation

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
pretty sure echinopsis is some kind of drug bearing plant

echidna penis is funnier tho

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

it's bullshit. hypothermia kills you by slowing down your chemistry way before your body actually freezes solid. and a solution of 0.50% ethanol in water (fatal blood level for nearly everyone) only depresses the freezing point like 1 degree anyway

there are salamanders that can make a biological antifreeze and fill their body up with it before hibernating over the winter, which i think is pretty cool.

there's also this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_ground_squirrel

(sorry watched too much QI lately)

quote:

The best theory as to why the squirrel's blood doesn't freeze is that the animal is able to cleanse their bodies of Ice nucleators which are necessary for the development of ice crystals. In the absence of ice nucleators, body fluids can remain liquid while in supercooled state. This process is being studied with the hope that mechanism present in arctic ground squirrels may provide a path for better preservation of human organs for transplant.[15] The connections between brain cells also wither away in this state. The damage should have resulted in death, but research on related species show that these connections regrow after waking up. In the warmer months, the squirrel is active during the day.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

Dril is noted for making posts relating various things his fictional wife does that make him seem pathetic, like withholding his inhaler or keeping him from purchasing a harp.

I am chortling here

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
yippee yaoi mofo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
don't bring that evil voodoo in here

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

God that was an amazing thread to see happen.

i didn't read it as it happened but in reading it the gradual dawning of what the event is is was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
birdemic is timeless