Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Mathematician, unknot thyself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The copper was sub-standard[citation needed] and not accepted. In response, Nanni created the cuneiform letter for delivery to Ea-nasir

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

quote:

Yamantaka Eye's noise project Hanatarash was notable for its dangerous live shows, the most famous instance being when the Japanese artist drove a bulldozer through the venue at the back of the stage. There were also reports of audience members being required to fill out waivers before shows to prevent the band or the venue being sued in case of any potential danger caused to them.[6]

Other pieces involve more symbolic forms of "danger", such as Nam June Paik's "Danger Music for Dick Higgins," which directs the performer to "creep into the vagina of a living whale",[7]

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

British YouTuber Colin Furze shows how he built a tunnel in DIGGING A SECRET TUNNEL part 3.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Where do I sign up?!?!

finally the chance to relive my blissful alien abduction. i think about those aliens and their probes all the time. furthermore,

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Zamujasa posted:

similarly

hammy (at times)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Winty posted:

pre:
Classical	Element	Adler[18]	Riemann[19]	DISC[20] 			Seinfeld
Melancholic	Earth	Avoiding	Depressed	Conscientiousness/Cautious	George
Phlegmatic	Water	Leaning		Schizoid	Steadiness/Supportive		Elaine
Sanguine	Air	Socially Useful	Hysterical	Influence/Inspiring		Kramer
Choleric	Fire	Ruling		Obsessive	Dominance			Jerry

lol what loving page is this lmao

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Death
He died of illness on 10 January 1795

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

the fictional Feltyrion galaxy, which is presented as being approximately 90 thousand light-years in radius - double that of the nonfictional Milky Way Galaxy

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

quote:

and Sigmund Freud (his own double uncle)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erfurt_latrine_disaster?wprov=sfla1

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

quote:

There were also snow unicorns, snow mermaids, a snow dentist, and snow prostitutes enticing people into the city's red light district. Among the political snowmen created were "a snow virgin with a unicorn in her lap", that was built in front of the ducal palace in Coudenberg, the home of Holy Roman Emperor Charles V. This was in protest to him being absent and instead living with his aunt Margaret of Austria in Malines.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

lol at the laziest loving theme tune

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

matti posted:

The maximum size of a PDF compared to Europe.

And yet this is false.

Postscript is a Turing-complete language, and PDFs support embedded javascript. So the real maximum size can be whatever u want

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Jabberlock posted:

yeah if youre a nerd

Well, you would know, wouldn't you

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The trilogy's story initially presents itself as a light-hearted romantic comedy, but changes into an alternate timeline coming-of-age story, and finally evolves into an alien invasion war epic.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Carbon dioxide posted:

The description of the image on wikipedia specifically says "There is no limit to the size of PDFs, but this is the largest PDF that can be created in Adobe Acrobat."

So that just confirms I was correct, thanks! :)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

goblin week posted:

In the mid 1990s, numerous US states enacted seven-deadly-sins laws to combat so-called teen "superpredators," a predicted wave of remorseless teenaged criminals. However, this prediction did not come to fruition.[3]

Obviously the lead was important for keeping civil order!!!!!!!1

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it's ok it was one of those bomb dogs

I'm glad the dog looked fly but did it survive!!!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasilalinic-sympathetic_compass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

goblin week posted:

As Mollick explained, visitors to a foreign country have "an irresistible urge" to say something in that language, and whatever they say (a cited example being along the lines of "Where is the bathroom?") usually marks them as tourists immediately. Saying "I can eat glass, it does not hurt me", however, ensures that the speaker "will be viewed as an insane native, and treated with dignity and respect".

Yeah i saw that twitter thread too