Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

space uncle posted:

I made up a fact for a Wikipedia article about a trivial cereal box mascot years ago and it stuck around.
Now there’s tons of clickbait articles that reference it and even one very serious long form
history of the cereal saying that it’s a “highly unnecessary myth” lol.

Ok I'll bite, which mascot, and what's the myth you started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The novel consists of multiple plot lines making it more than just an average romance novel.

lol

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

haveblue posted:

the real crux of it is the idea that if an AI creates a simulation of you in the future, that counts as "you" contiguous with the "you" that you experience being today, so the you of today should care about the fate of the simulation. I don't know what the argument is for this but I feel like they only believe this because you need it for all the other transhumanism stuff to work (mind uploading, artificial brains, etc)

Anti abortion rhetoric liquified brains

This ruling class has the weakest loving self justifying philosophy (ideology?)

I think it's both dull and fascinating watching it re-develop. After years of the possession of money being self fulfilling, just pure cult of power itself, now they feel the need for a new argument! Nothing new left fellas

At least that's my impression, I'm zooted

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Paladinus posted:

How do I print that pdf?

I used to know how to do a sequential print so I could print out huge, wall sized posters at the library. Idk how to do it anymore

e: what I'm saying is, go to the library and print a country

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
OS/2 Warp, Mr. Bond

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

theflyingexecutive posted:

The in-flight entertainment system was the first of its kind equipped on the plane. It allowed the first and business class passengers to browse the World Wide Web, select their own movies and games, and gamble. The system was installed in business class one year before the incident, between 21 August and 9 September 1997. It was installed in first class five months later, in February 1998, due to delivery delays.[3]

this is in an article about a plane crash btw, gonna eat a lot of crow if i finish it and it turns out this system caused the crash or smth

e: boy is my face red

lmao

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Laying a banana peel on the floor and walking over it. Masochistic

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

FMguru posted:

On 23 January 2020, Terry Cavanagh, programmer of VVVVVV and Super Hexagon, created a VR version of Zombo.com.[12]

That's not useless. I'm glad he did that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
You've gotta be loving me