Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

quote:

List of movie posters with lamps in them [247]
The list contained one item – Mission: Impossible – with a footnote saying "NB: does not contain lamps."

this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

JawnV6 posted:

does it contain itself?

there should be a list of lists which do not contain themselves

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
you guys haven't even tapped the biggest source of worthless bullshit on wikipedia: talk pages

for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Philadelphia_blunt_ban

quote:

The synergy of cannabinol and nicotine is such that users mixing them risk quickly getting addicted to nicotine and becoming part of the at-risk population of smokers (WHO 2003 estimate: 5.3 million deaths per year attributed to cigarette smoking). Many young persons don't know that the wrapper leaf from a cigar, used to wrap a cigarette-sized dosage of cannabis, contains nicotine.

It has been alleged that since the early 90's tobacco-marketing companies or organizations fed funding, promotion opportunities or other rewards to rap singers who included references to "blunts" in song lyrics. The presence of artists with names like "Tu-Pac" or "Cool" speaks for itself.

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Varkk posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Malamanteau

A massive wall of text arguing over whether a a word invented in a joke about wikipedia editors from a webcomic needs an article and what form such an article should take. Of course this is probably what the author of the comic wanted and he is probably fuelling the debate through several alt. accounts.

honestly this almost makes me like xkcd because as :spergin: as randall munroe is, he knows how to get the goat of people who are :spergin: even harder

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Hammerite posted:

i realise you have an al aqsa tag but are you seriously suggesting this would take someone many hours of work

he could probably get it done faster

but he'd rather be stallin' :xd:

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

RZApublican posted:

the important part of farting is that it's available under a license that's free (as in freedom)

general fart distribution license

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Yodzilla posted:

i'm gonna sell that fart and claim it as my own and there's nothing they can do about it :smug:

cc-by-nc-licensed farts will be the hip new thing

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

RZApublican posted:

wouldn't using a non-creative-commons photo (like this press photo) on wikipedia be covered under fair use?

they do poo poo like that all the time provided it's for strictly non-commercial use

yes, but wikipedia editors are a bunch of sperglords and don't want to even think about having to talk to someone to get approval to use an image

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Lamont Cranston posted:

They won't allow a "free use" image unless there is zero possibility whatsoever that a CC/whatever image can exist. also encourages exhibitionist dick shots instead of actual medical diagrams

and lithographs from like the 1890 edition of gray's anatomy

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

RZApublican posted:

the lamest edit wars page is the best thing wikipedia ever produced

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_edit_wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:User_Asperger/Archive_1

this lame edit wars page is loving amazing

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

haveblue posted:

this is the best page on the internet

quotin' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:User_Asperger/Archive_1 again

quote:

I'd like to reduce the font in the left part of the template, because the text currently stretches a little beyond the standard size of similar templates. On any page containing this template among many standard templates, this template will stand out. I'd like to reduce the footprint of this template.

quote:

There is nothing wrong with it standing out, nor it not being a "standard size". It is not important that every template be the same size at all. --Mistress Selina Kyle (Α⇔Ω ¦ ⇒✉) 23:58, 9 January 2006 (UTC)

quote:

Perhaps there are many more Wikipedian Aspies who do not use this template because it is too loud. You may not feel there is anything wrong, I considered that there might be. -- Ec5618 00:14, 10 January 2006 (UTC)

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
holy poo poo, "lame edit wars" has some of the few well-told jokes on Wikipedia too

quote:

Year 2038 problem

After 2038, it turns out that some computers are also going to run into date issues in the year 292,277,026,596, well after the predicted end of the universe. Which means we've still got some time to discuss whether the article should include a sentence that says "this is not widely regarded as a pressing issue".[89] [90] [91] [92] Apparently saying that it didn't matter itself didn't matter, because the phrase was deleted when nobody was watching and nobody even seemed to notice. And then the reference to the problem was deleted as well, so if you're reading this after finding a copy of Wikipedia amidst the fallout of the war caused by the Year 292,277,026,596 problem, the Wikimedia Foundation extends its condolences.

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

unixbeard posted:

that first guy can probably quote every anime ever tho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Blue_Spider

quote:

The Blue Spider is in reality a young political consulant residing in Central Michigan.

He is a first generation American citizen.

He hates Wikipedia.

He edits Wikipedia pages only to improve on people's knowledge and not for the sake of Wikipedia.

His topical weblog is Apologies Demanded.

He obviously rocks hard and is incredibly unappreciated.

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
I am a professional performance autist

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

lazar wulf posted:

modern japanese toilets own dude. get a sweet stream of water aimed right at the anus post poop

:a2m:

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

haveblue posted:

Reiserfs and the Power of Namespace Unification

by J.K. Rowling

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Virion posted:

I hope nobody is having an emergency situation and can't think of a better way to find out the number for emergency services than by looking at "list of American words not widely used in the United Kingdom" :ohdear:

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
yeah it is

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
I love the parenthetical definition of "fart chamber"

also, on a related note, parenthetical definition will be the first EP from my new band, fart chamber

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
see guys, this is how you snype

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
oh thank god my reader rabbit x super solver slash fic is canon

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

eagerly awaiting "north america#in poplar culture" section

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Furnok Dorn posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

the article itself isn't that great its the related links at the bottom

bonus fact about loving, Austria:

there is a sign at the city limits with cartoon kids on it that says in German

"loving
not so fast!
"

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

LinuxGirl87 posted:

Night on Wank Mountain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wank_(mountain)

quote:

Mount Wank has been linked to Garmisch-Partenkirchen by a cable car system called the "Wankbahn" since 1928.

heh

quote:

It is possible for a fit person to reach the summit without major difficulty. [...] The peak is popular for its spectacular panorama.

lmfbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

jigglemaster7 posted:

christ

this is the most poorly-designed t-shirt I've ever seen, not to say anything of the woman it's on