Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Hammerite posted:

my favourite part about driving tests is how americans assume that their piss easy driving tests are the norm everywhere else in the world and so when you mention that you failed the uk driving test however many times / nearly didnt pass they are all like "lol you must be a retard the driving test i took was really easy and therefore so is every driving test everywhere"

stiffer driving tests and license grades is the one political issue i havent become completely apathetic about and people look at you like your a goddamn lunatic if you mention it

like someone can be going on about coverting to a memorial nascar plate-based currency like the founding aryan fathers intended and everyone will just nod but if you say maybe it should take more than a perfunctory 15 minute test when youre 15 to drive a 5000lb vehicle perpetually with no real possibility of losing that privilege even if you kill someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if childs play gives sick kids video games so that they associate being miserable and in pain with them and dont turn into miserable (wo)manchildren once theyre better idwt

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Lost For Words posted:

there's a hundred dudes like this doing this with your 401k fyi

lol no, economists are loving stupid and the ones who aren't (i.e., physicists and cs people) aren't touching your pleb money

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_torture#/media/File:Bizarre_Museum_04.jpg

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

didnt know how much i was missing out as a kid reading those archaic britannicas without even a single rat tortue fetish cartoon. truly we live in a richer world

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

hmm, i wonder what the origin of episodic television title sequences was, since theyre quite distinct in structure from movie & other media title sequences. oh wow, wp has a whole article about this, finally time to satiate my curiosi

quote:

In anime series, opening and ending title sequences have evolved into a distinct art form in their own right: due to the running length of a half-hour block of programming on Japanese television providing more time for the actual episode as opposed to commercials, an episode is able to budget one-and-one-half minutes each for an OP (opening sequence) and ED (ending sequence). These will invariably feature pieces of vocal music, sometimes sung by members of the voice cast for the program, and will have unique animation that thematically serves to open and close the episode; often, guest animators will be brought in to direct and provide key animation for these sequences. The OP credits will usually include director, producer, animation director, studio, music, and OP animation credits: detailed staff and voice cast is almost always reserved for the ED. In anime produced primarily for an audience of young children, karaoke lyrics to the song will sometimes be provided at the bottom of the opening and ending sequences. For further information on anime openings, see Music in Japanese animation.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

future archaeology is going to be completely bonkers

with any luck humanity will finally overcome all pride in itself and all history books and publications will reduce to this: "they were shitheads. some real fuckers."

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

future archaeologists are going to be baffled by how many beanie babies they dig up

also actual babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004