Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

rotor posted:

of special note here is the completely gratuitous use of a japanese term for which english has several synonyms

No it doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
junipero is good gin but i have difficulty finding it

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

forget the soup, is fish and cheese a sandwich? :barf:

tuna melts are a thing. i don't know why, but they are.

best soup + sandwich is tomato soup + grilled cheese

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Carbon dioxide posted:

The edit history of this page is what you'd expect.

i thought this was the thread for worthless wikipedia things

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sagebrush posted:

wikipediphiles have zero sense of fun

if they had any capacity for joy or humor they would have left in the [cetacean needed] tags on the list of whales and the little helicopter icons on the Helicopter Prison Escapes page

or the "in poplar culture" section on that tree fungus page

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sagebrush posted:

i will be really happy when our society advances beyond the stage where "shittier version of a regular business, but employing nearly-naked ladies" is considered acceptable

you and I have different senses of our society's general direction

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
i'm the 78% dislike of the ghostbusters trailer jfc

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

are these Neal Stephenson's notes for seveneves

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

theflyingorc posted:

found the guy who reads this thread and removes fun things

also the real crime is the removal of [cetacean needed]

it was a sad day when we lost the In Poplar Culture section of some tree fungus page

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I’m definitely the chad alert

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Soricidus posted:

not sure what this is doing itt

making me wonder whether iran has a domestic us flag industry or imports

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
A McNugget number is the total number of McDonald's Chicken McNuggets in any number of boxes. In the United Kingdom, the original boxes (prior to the introduction of the Happy Meal-sized nugget boxes) were of 6, 9, and 20 nuggets.

According to Schur's theorem, since 6, 9, and 20 are relatively prime, any sufficiently large integer can be expressed as a linear combination of these three. Therefore, there exists a largest non-McNugget number, and all integers larger than it are McNugget numbers.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

akadajet posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Urine_Themed_Islands

urine rear end in a top hat

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Devonaut posted:

Fumes from Teflon in very high heat are fatal to parrots,[3] as well as some other birds

not worthless, keep your pet birds safe

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Doom Mathematic posted:

Mass. The corresponding unit of weight is "pound of force", symbol lbf.

whoa I learned something new today

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

prefect posted:

there's got to be a genre of music that only has one song in it. or maybe a theoretical genre, that has zero songs

in ishkur’s previous version of that guide he actually did hypothesize the existence of a theoretical music genre called “booty trance” that, tragically, did not yet exist

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sagebrush posted:

If a true strong AI is ever created, I doubt it will be recognizable as a human-like intelligence. We barely understand how our own cognition works, let alone intelligent animals', so I suspect that an electronic intelligence would be completely unknowable. Humans trying to assign human characteristics to one would be like fish trying to understand a submarine.

i find it profound that recent, spectacular advances in language models have managed to perfectly mimic the low-information, incurious, overly confident internet communication that serves as a key substrate for our culture. we've done it, we've duplicated human intelligence. human intelligence just sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

To anyone else who assumed this was types of rocks: it's not.