Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i just sat on it i swear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

last night i dreamed that the wikipedia article on slide rules had a huge stupid "popular culture" section, relieved to see that it isn't so

i've had strange dreams before but this is ridiculous!!

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

FMguru posted:

The song was inspired by an affair McVie had with the band's lighting director, Curry Grant.[1] "To avoid flare-ups", she told her then-husband John McVie that the song was about her dog.[2]

lol

idgi, this is not a worthless thing. dumb trivia is what i go on wikipedia for

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Soricidus posted:

i sure am glad wikipedia has responsible content policies, it would be awkward if searching for something completely innocuous could instantly display images that are highly inappropriate in many contexts even if you don't open the article

:nws:

:nws:

bUt KnOwLeDgE sHoUlD bE FrEe

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

The Ski Mode setting allowed KITT to "ski" (driving up on two wheels). First used in Episode 1, "Knight of the Phoenix".

e: KITT's scanner is similar to that of Cylons from the science fiction series Battlestar Galactica. Glen A. Larson, the creator of both Knight Rider and Battlestar Galactica has stated that the two shows have nothing else in common and to remove any fan speculation, he stated in the Season One Knight Rider DVD audio-comments, he simply reused the scanning light for KITT because he liked the effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

An animation of the 727's rear airstair deploying in flight, with Cooper jumping off: The gravity-operated apparatus remained open until the aircraft landed.