Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sweevo posted:

i dunno...

deaf culture

also fat acceptance people and spergs

same problem they go from "shame" to "managing in life" to "i am better than all of you my handicap is an ADVANTAGE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

roboshit posted:

i consider those sub-cultures of video gamer culture

they fall under geek culture

geeks are often very horrible people and are often libertarians

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Blackula69 posted:

what utube

when i was travelling in europe with my wife we went to UK then germany and in berlin she called the u-bahn (sp?) the u-tube by accident

we had quite the laugh

true story

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

in german "u" is pronounced "oo" not "you"

if you had been educated, instead of some ignorant plebian, you would have known that

after spending a week there all i know is "flew-coffin" is airport (thats phoenetically written there i dont know my umlaut from my rear end in a top hat)

i am bad at langauges but what can you expect i grew up in alberta canada (this is like texas of canada so the fact i believe in fancy learnin stuff like evolution and math is a bit of a miracle)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Rufo posted:

lmfao at the way you must pronounce coffin

carfin?? ahahah americahavers are the wurst

oh that reminds me i also know how to say "curry-vurst" and shove euros at a street vendor to get me some delicious ketchup curry and brats witht he bun on the side (yeah thats right those wacky germans)

i am a shameful traveller i know

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

wurst is pronounced with a "v", right?

thats how i did it its the only thing i did right in that country i think

also they lie and say germans speak english pretty well they do not i met one german that sorta spoke english ok and she was an english teacher

i even went to a mcdonalsd and they didnt speak english there and i ended up pointing at the drat menu like an illiterate hillbilly

shameful

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Nice!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Rufo posted:

yea man im glad none of us yosposters is goin out w/ a FA advocate or anythign. god forbid

yeah my wife must be FA i mean she married me and i'm pretty porky

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i see snails squished on teh sidewalk on my way to work

it's probably a metaphor or something

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
isn't this what franks red hot is for?

*coats food until it tastes like burning and nothing else*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yeah bad example i just meant that making your food hot is not a substitute for making it taste good and lots of white people just pour red hot on everything instead of trying to, you know, make food that tastes good and is spicy too

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

captainmeatpants noooo :ohdear:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Dixie Flatline posted:

i tried to play Arcanum: Steamworks and doo dee doo but the interface is really bad

that's my fave bad game. it's total poo poo but if you can get past the total poo poo there's like a stinknugget of fun in there.

also i think people that dress up in steampunk are all basically racist i mean have you read any victorian novels ever? those people were racist as gently caress and wanting to emulate even parts of their culture means you are an rear end in a top hat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yeah can you imagine those racist jokes being made at the expense of samuel l jackson or whatever?

i literally once heard a bigot say "i hate [attractive successful african americans] except for Will Smith he's a good man i wish all the [attractive successful african americans] where like him"

white people are not afraid of will smith

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
the onion is right

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

the funniest part of any article on the onion:

looooooool

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
post the most obvious thing you can find on Wikipedia

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Hammerite posted:

what kind of idiot nerd watches that movie and goes away thinking "that was terrible, bane's background story has many subtle differences as detailed in batman comics 67 though 232-b" and not "that was stupid, you don't cure a broken back by punching a vertebra pack into place"

batman would

it's a comic book movie no matter how "gritty" and "realistic" it is, so were the first two

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Resurrection Method: Superboy-Prime punched the barrier of reality causing her return.

see now this is why comics are poo poo, right here in one succinct sentence

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Hashtag Nascar posted:

or maybe because you have finally grown up :milkie:

i agree comics should be for children but they are so full of violence and edgy content and stuff now so they truly are just for man childnren

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

TjyvTompa posted:

do you get angry because harry potter can fly on a broom too?
dumbledore stayed dead :colbert:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Oj0-splZw

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

seriously? scroll up like, four posts

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_diseases

cross posted from the current job status thread

lol sonic diseases:

A rare, incurable, and fatal disease. Shortly after Prof. Gerald Robotnik refused G.U.N.'s request for him to discover the secret to immortality, his granddaughter Maria contracted N.I.D.S., causing Gerald to reconsider and begin Project Shadow. The cure was never found, despite Gerald's success at creating the ultimate life form. Maria later died of a gunshot wound during G.U.N.'s extermination of all involved in the project.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i'm legit trying to find an article with a list of diseases that people claim to have that are not accepted by medical science and wikipedia is failing me

it's literally easier to get a list of diseases from video games

Nice!

found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ailments_of_unknown_etiology

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Heavy legs (French: jambes lourdes) is an alleged medical condition, described as an "unpleasant sensation of pain and heaviness" in the lower limbs. It is recognised primarily in France, and to a lesser extent elsewhere.
Due to the limited recognition it has received, and because of its proliferation in the media and by the alternative health community, many medical practitioners believe it is a sign of hypochondriasis.
The cause may be venous insufficiency[1] or peripheral arterial disease.[2]
Remedies may include drinking plenty of tea, essential oil massages and walking in the sea;[3] or alternatively sleeping with the legs elevated, wearing compression products like support stockings and possibly taking diuretics.[4]
It was described by BBC reporter Emma Jane Kirby as "a curiously French complaint ... the illness you can only get in health-conscious France."[5]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

jambes lourdes

mods namechange pls

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

mods namechange posted:

yeah "category:ailments of unknown etiology" is not 100% equal to "list of retarded made-up self-diagnosed diseases"

true they do still need a proper bullshit diseases category

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

lol i remember that stupid fad

then the iphone came out and welp

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Other work

Mann has been described as the "inventor" of the Hipster PDA,[2] a paper-based, DIY personal organizer that uses design cues found in David Allen's Getting Things Done.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

gooby on rails posted:

what about all the getting things done skill points I earned in deus ex

you've earned this!!!! please print it out and wallpaper the goddamned room with it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Symbolic Butt posted:

me too

I feel old.

at least I don't read blogs like a sucker now

someone should write a book that distills all the actually useful advice one could have on personal time management / getting things done /etc.

problem is it would be like 3 pages long and make no money. i hate self-help bullshit.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

mods namechange posted:

at least that would save time reading it
see but the problem is people that buy self help poo poo don't want quick answers even if they are correct they want to avoid real work by procrastinating via elaborate productivity enhancing systems and tools

so nobody would buy the book it would be too efficient

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i unironically loves me zombie genre crap but if you take it seriously enough to plan survivalist poo poo or do those zombie walks or talk about it lots on forums even, i can't help you (because euthenasia is illegal)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i'm reasonable and mature enough to realize that if a zombie apocalypse happened for real i'd be zombie chow in the first day because i'm a fat weak nerd that can't shoot worth poo poo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Pakled posted:

yospos im proud of you for not jumping straight to "they want to gun down hordes of dark-skinned people"

oh wait the first post about it went to that and i hadnt read the whole thing nvm

WE ARE SMART

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Wirth1000 posted:

Primarily, "The Schwartz" is a play on "The Force", from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The lightsabers emanating from the Schwartz-rings held in front of the crotch are phallic symbols — a play on the words schwantz/Schwanz, which are Yiddish/German slang for penis,[11] a term used by Brooks previously in the dialogue of his Young Frankenstein horror movie parody. Schwarz (an adjective) is German for "black". However, the German translation turns this into "Der Saft" which means "the juice" in English ("The Force" is translated into German as "Die Macht"). The Light and Dark sides of the Force are parodied by being called the "up side" and the "down side". In the first episode of the animated series, the Dark Side is called "The Schwarz side of the Schwartz". It has also been widely reported that "the Schwartz" is a reference to Mel Brooks' lawyer, Alan U. Schwartz.[12][13][14] Yet another explanation is that it is a reference to FAO Schwarz, which sells lots of movie merchandise.

this is actually worthwhile information :colbert:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Hashtag Nascar posted:

if there is a zombie apocalypse, the best course of action is to head down to the winchester til it all blows over

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i live near a pub called the jester the wifu calls it the winjester because of that movie

wife is a nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

yeah right nobody else would put up with my massively spergy tendencies and my massive mass