Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
YOSPOS: :protarget: :buddy: :russbus: lol nice one monty python quote chillAXE dude!! :shivdurf: :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

LT.CrownRoast posted:

watermelon and salt... kitkat
______________________\

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Why, why, why would someone spend time writing this article?

Honestly, most of the other articles have had some value (or at least I can see why someone could think, in the throws of an aspergian fit, that it has value), but this?

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

hyperborean posted:

In "How Grandgousier realized Gargantua's marvelous intelligence, by his invention of an Arse-wipe," the giant Gargantua, while still a child, tries dozens of different methods for wiping his bottom, including paper, but unfortunately he finds it "leaves some chips on his ballocks". Finally he discovers the best method:

But to conclude, I say and maintain that there is no arse-wiper like a well-downed goose, if you hold her neck between your legs. You must take my word for it, you really must. You get a miraculous sensation in your arse-hole, both from the softness of the down and from the temperate heat of the goose herself; and this is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest of the intestines, from which it reaches the heart and the brain.

:wtc:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

RZApublican posted:

from the Dr. Thunder article:

:smug: IMMA REBEL! :smug:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

I am in posted:

more like dr thunder is neither

This isn't food? (Or at least "food"?)

:confused:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
It's you. You're the most worthless thing on Wikipedia.

LinuxGirl87 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 5, 2010

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Lum posted:

The choice of lighting they used for the water bottle in that advert made this all the worse.

The only thing funnier that Tonight Show-level "hilarious ads" are the :downs:ies who actually think these are anything but intentional.

LinuxGirl87 fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 24, 2010

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Footboy posted:

You can tell when someone is quoting Wikipedia because it sounds like the winner of a competition to create the world's most unnecessary paragraph.

mlyp

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Literally 15% of that recording is the licensing information.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

"SkyOS posted:

There is also an experimental attempt to use NetBSD or Linux to solve the driver issues.

:negative:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Kirk posted:

so essentially skyos got boiled down to an x and WM replacement

gj spending 10 years on this duder

It also uses the BeOS file system which is supposed to be p. pro.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

RZApublican posted:

Often, SkyOS is accused of violating the GPL. That is, since developing an operating system is thought to be an exceedingly complex task, the conclusion is drawn by some that Szeleney must have stolen code from free software in order for him to have made the progress that he has. In fact, the opposite is implied by Szeleney's public dealings with open source developers.[11] Even when not required under license, Szeleney has consistently published changes made to open source works used in SkyOS.[12]

Doesn't this boil down to Loonixers saying "We suck at writing OSes, therefore you must have stolen from ours because you don't seem to suck so much"?

:confused:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

NANERPUSS posted:

um cowboy bebop owns shut yo mouth fool

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

jegHegy posted:

lol no loving way

:negative:

These are actually supposed to be pretty good (as frozen vegan burritos go). Hth.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

rotor posted:

lf is seriously the worst forum

well maybe phiz, but i've never actually read phiz but the premise sounds pretty terrible

In related news, QCS is the second-best FYAD-lite.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Seamonster posted:

this is in the "did you know" section as im posting:

[url]

literally an article that has no other purpose than to be poo poo on

Mlyp.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Mr. Vile posted:

Oh man, if this thread had been around a few years ago I could have trumped the whole lot of you. It seems to have been taken down now, but the List of fictional yetis would have won this hands down. The only things listed were the two evolutions of the yeti-themed pokemon.

What about Harry from Harry and the Hendersons? :wtf:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

qirex posted:

I think he was a sasquatch, bro

I thought Yetis and Sasquatches were the same thing, like how Europeans call Moose "Elk". :confused:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

RZApublican posted:

WikiBooks, "Open books for an open world", where wikipedians try their hand at being authoritative

let's see what they have to say about Evolution of Operating Systems Designs

"Minor innovations" like virtual desktops? How is a virtual desktop an innovation, minor or otherwise? :confused:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

JawnV6 posted:

should be anti aspie camps like the anti gay ones

Seriouspost, I wonder if we could trade the faggos for the spergos. Like the christian coalition types agree to leave gays alone in exchange for being able to legally discriminante against and abuse spergs.

(And nothing of value was lost.)

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

LinuxGirl87 posted:

Seriouspost, I wonder if we could trade the faggos for the spergos. Like the christian coalition types agree to leave gays alone in exchange for being able to legally discriminante against and abuse spergs.

(And nothing of value was lost.)

I mean really, producers of art, culture and Macintoshes would be protected against predation by Kultur Kamphers and the Linux and Animu sectors get decimated. Everyone wins

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Night on Wank Mountain

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
YOSPOS: It is possible for a fit person to reach the summit without major difficulty.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

haveblue posted:

because maybe someone wants to know who was in the usual suspects before they see it without a paragraph explaining the big twist immediately preceding it

If you didn't figure out the "big twist" literally five minutes into the movie then I'm very sorry, but it's u.

Also, I gave your mom the big twist five minutes into the movie we made.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_goats

Why does humanity need a list of fictional goats? Why do nearly 30% of them appear to be animus?

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

LinuxGirl87 posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_goats

Why does humanity need a list of fictional goats? Why do nearly 30% of them appear to be animus?

DEATH TO THE ROUND-EYE GOAT. OPPRESSORS OF GRORIOUS NIPPON.

LinuxGirl87 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 16, 2010

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Otto Skorzeny posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Objectivism_%28Ayn_Rand%29&action=historysubmit&diff=397745943&oldid=397674873

+{{epigraph |quote =And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel, and slew him. And the Lord said to Cain: Where is your brother Abel? And he answered: I know not: am I my brother's keeper?
+ |cite =[[Genesis]]}}

:ughh:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
Why does every instrument article have a "Use in heavy metal music" section?

:ughh:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

JawnV6 posted:

They are intelligent, but not experienced. Their patterns indicate two-dimensional thinking.

Which is especially :ironicat: given that all of Star Trek is pretty much just "Wooden Ships, Iron Men" BUT IN SPACE. The Klingons pull up across from the Enterprise and they blast away at eachother.

At least Star Wars occasionally has a third dimension (although they generally only do submarine movie ripoffs, e.g. the Asteroid scene in Empire).

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

LinuxGirl87 posted:

Which is especially :ironicat: given that all of Star Trek is pretty much just "Wooden Ships, Iron Men" BUT IN SPACE. The Klingons pull up across from the Enterprise and they blast away at eachother.

At least Star Wars occasionally has a third dimension (although they generally only do submarine movie ripoffs, e.g. the Asteroid scene in Empire).

Gonna go ahead and :goonsay: this...

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

got dat wmd posted:

never growing out of a rebellious phase and instead of putting it towards social advancement devoted it to the only skill he has and surrounding himself entirely like minded self congratulatory individuals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pube5Aynsls

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

got dat wmd posted:

never growing out of a rebellious phase and instead of putting it towards social advancement devoted it to the only skill he has and surrounding himself entirely like minded self congratulatory individuals

YOSPOS: never growing out of a rebellious phase and instead of putting it towards social advancement devoted it to the only skill he has and surrounding himself entirely like minded self congratulatory individuals

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Gentle Autist posted:

your posting hasn't been going that well lately

YOSPOS: your posting hasn't been going that well lately

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

FMguru posted:

The accompanying illustrations for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_%28sex_act%29 are amazing, especially the second one. :nws:, obviously.

They are not unnecessary. Wikipedia isn't censored. Please stop being so insensitive and ignorant, it doesn't help anyone. Ran4 (talk) 11:56, 22 November 2009 (UTC)

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Jonny 290 posted:

snype

Shoote all cattes? :ohdear:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Mightaswell posted:

happiness is actually not that great of a movie it's just shocking and has the "correct" indie aesthetic and actors

mlyp

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

got dat wmd posted:

The 2004 film Finding Neverland used a Great Pyrenees to represent J.M. Barrie's Landseer Newfoundland dog.
The Spanish designer Javier Mariscal was inspired by this dog breed for the design of the 1992 Summer Olympics mascot "Cobi".
In Hanazakarino Kimitachihe, the male lead had a Great Pyrenees named "Yu Ci Lan" for a pet.
In the television series, King of Queens, a Great Pyrenees is a recurring customer of Holly the dog walker.
The Japanese series Ginga Densetsu Weed features a Great Pyrenees named Hiro, who is nicknamed the "ball snatcher", due to his signature attack of neutering his opponents.
In the film Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines (1965), a Great Pyrenees is the household dog at the Lord Rawnsley estate.
In the Marx Brothers' Horse Feathers a Great Pyrenees appears in the dog catcher's wagon.
In the Korean variety show Happy Sunday - 1 Night 2 Days, Sang Geun is a Great Pyrenees.
A popular Korean singer, Hero Jaejoong from TVXQ owns a Great Pyrenees named Vick.
In the 2009 Disney movie Santa Buddies, a Great Pyrenees puppy named Puppy Paws is the leading character.
In the Jim Carrey movie Dumb and Dumber a Great Pyrenees appears in the dog-mobile.
In the manga/anime Fullmetal Alchemist the dog Alexander is a Great Pyrenees
Webcomic artist Jeph Jacques owns a Great Pyrenees named Shelby, who has appeared in his webcomic Questionable Content on occasion.
In the anime and manga Azumanga Daioh, Chiyo Mihama owns one of these dogs named Tadakichi-san (Mr Tadakichi in the English anime).
Akamaru from Naruto appears to be based off of this breed

What a great way to find notable dogs of this dog breed, loving japanese cartoons

I like that TV Tropes has section for each sort of media for each trope so "Animu" can be expanded or (and here's the important part) not expanded.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Graduate all cattes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

maniacdevnull posted:

jesus your posting is bad

were you matriculated as a child or something?

Wish u had dropped out of your mother's oval office a semester early.