Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

2 Left Eyes posted:

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Season 1-3) The Best Action Cartoon series ever on television! A Sprawling fantasy journey and I'm pretty stunned if you haven't seen it. Season 2 & 3 were awesome.

Thaaaank you. You just saved me 75 bucks because I wanted to watch the series again. I probably will buy them anyway because I want to show support.

(Watch this and not the movie, you heathens!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax
I just watched Triangle, and despite what everyone has said, it was a turd of a movie and not in the same ballpark as Primer. It was more like someone mixed up a low budget 80's horror movie with Groundhog Day.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.

Inzombiac posted:

Thaaaank you. You just saved me 75 bucks because I wanted to watch the series again. I probably will buy them anyway because I want to show support.

(Watch this and not the movie, you heathens!)

I would have posted this way earlier, but I thought it was popular enough that people realized it was there. And to anyone who needs yet another goon rec on this, WATCH IT. It's probably my favorite cartoon of all time.

Epiphopotamus
Sep 14, 2007
Woah! Hippo!

2 Left Eyes posted:

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Season 1-3) The Best Action Cartoon series ever on television! A Sprawling fantasy journey and I'm pretty stunned if you haven't seen it. Season 2 & 3 were awesome.

For real, everyone really needs to watch this if just for the second to last episode in the series (counting the two-part ending as one). In which the heroes go to see a play chronicling their adventures that basically makes fun of the whole series. Seriously it's as if the creators scoured the internet and made a huge list of every bad comment/criticism about the show, then shoved them all into those 23 minutes of pure comedic genius.

Please don't let Mr. Shyamalan scare you away from this great great series.

Content: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is a great adaptation of the Tom Stoppard play of the same name, staring Gary Oldman and the guy from Lie to Me (also on netflix)

2 Left Eyes
Sep 4, 2004

by Ozma
Here is just a sample fight scene from season 1 and they get even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoQpJAl9j8

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Epiphopotamus posted:

Content: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is a great adaptation of the Tom Stoppard play of the same name, staring Gary Oldman and the guy from Lie to Me (also on netflix)

Tim Roth, I think. It's a drat fine movie. I'm just sitting down to watch Miracle At St. Anna and I hope it's OK.
If not, I'm shutting it off and going to see Inception.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
This is a great thread.

There are a few seasons of Penn and Tellers Bullshit and South park now goes up to season 12 as well.

A few movies I didn't expect to find:

The Good Son
Kazaam
Mortal Kombat
3 Ninjas and 3 Ninjas Kickback
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
The Pest
Blankman

Some of these were pretty bad movies but if you grew up in the 90's those are all great watches.

Weezy88 has a new favorite as of 07:02 on Jul 21, 2010

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.

Weezy88 posted:

This is a great thread.

There are a few seasons of Penn and Tellers Bullshit and South park now goes up to season 12 as well.

A few movies I didn't expect to find:

The Good Son
Kazaam
Mortal Kombat
3 Ninjas and 3 Ninjas Kickback
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
The Pest
Blankman

These were all pretty bad movies but if you grew up in the 90's those are all great watches.
What's eating Gilbert Grape isn't considered a bad movie. :(

Oh, and a new season of Top Gear is available for instant viewing.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

Kids in the Hall pilot episode is available, from the HBO days (so there is swearing). God I hope they put more KitH on.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

Tailwhoop posted:

What's eating Gilbert Grape isn't considered a bad movie. :(

Oh, and a new season of Top Gear is available for instant viewing.

I added that to the list after I made the post and forgot about the last part I wrote. It is actually a really good movie, sorry about that.

Fralcon
Nov 25, 2002

by Ozmaugh
Here's a couple good ones I recommend to everyone who has netflix

Dead Man's Shoes - Just watched this one and really liked it, bout a guy who comes back from the army to get revenge on the thugs who tortured his brother.

Hard Revenge Milly 1 and 2 - Holy poo poo, japanese crazy poo poo combined with dead alive type gore, so awesome.

Jekyll - This 6 part bbc series about a modern day jekyll and hyde rocked my balls off, loved it.

3 Extremes - 3 short horror films by Fruit Chan, Chan Wook Park and Takashi Miike, very good poo poo.

Lady Vengeance - Third movie in Chan Wook Park's revenge trilogy, different than Oldboy and very good.

And of course the awesome tv shows Firefly(and Serenity obviously), Dollhouse and the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Shirley Manson is a T-1000 nuff said. For more comedic shows, Pushing Daisies and Better Off Ted I really liked. And This American Life Season 1 and 2, documentary show that originally aired on showtime, highly recommend this one.

Im gay and like anime so there's Mezzo, Gun Sword(this is my fav), Last Exile, Gurren Lagann, Now and Then Here and There and the Street Fighter V anime was pretty good.

Fralcon has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Jul 29, 2010

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Fast Times at Ridgemont High!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Boliver_Shagnasty posted:

I have a weakness where I love to and often watch movies that are disgustingly bad for laughs. For this reason, one of my favorite movies to watch on Netflix is Thankskillng. The name alone tells you a lot, it's about a killer turkey who is killing college students over Thanksgiving break and it's awful to say the least; however, great at the same time.

Christ Almighty, between the opening NICE TITS, BITCH! and the scene with the turkey and the sheriff at the kitchen table. I lost my poo poo throughout this whole movie.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

La Dolce Vita was added today FYI.

This guy has an awesome blog for keeping track of instant watch movies: www.thenowhereman.com/netflix

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
I watched the thread recommended movie "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising" and while it looked low budget it really did have it's moments, I enjoyed it a lot. I think I'll check out Thankskilling now.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Welp, nerds have no excuse now. Monty Python's Flying Circus is on Netflix in its entirety. So just put on a diaper or something and spend the next few days having a great big marathon. It'll be great fun having all those quotes you can never use, for a show you can't describe that's aimed for an audience you don't want to be.

Still funny though.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Seasons 1-5 of American Dad and 1-8 of Family Guy

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Binging through all 3 seasons of Veronica Mars!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Seasons 1-5 of American Dad and 1-8 of Family Guy

I couldn't find Season 1 of Family Guy, but the others were there?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Shows up for me. Try searching for "Volume 1"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't really skim the thread too much, so forgive me.

If you're a "good times" Nickelodeon lover, (I.E. Jimmy Neutron airing and slamming Nick into the ground) Netflix put up a few seasons each of Hey Arnold! The Angry Beavers, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, AHH Real Monsters and such. Very happy. Except no Doug :(

Also, "The Machine Girl," a Japanese gorefest comedy. Great fun movie.

I noticed they also just added from Australia, "The Horseman" which I really wanted to see. It's about a father that watches his daughter get raped and murdered on tape, and goes on a path to kill everyone and anyone that had anything to do with it.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Going to watch angry beavers and rocko all night. Thanks :)

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
The Vicious Kind is great if you like Adam Scott. The guy can really act.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If you don't know, Netflix signed a $1 Billion deal with the Epix Channel (owned by Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate.) There's close to I'd say about 300 new movies on Instant as of today, including a lot of really recent ones. (Iron Man, Armored, Star Trek 2009, GI Joe, etc) The list is actually quite awesome with way too many to list. Check it out. I'm still looking at all of them.

THE GODFATHER!
THE WARRIORS!

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Holy poo poo, that is awesome news. Gonna add to the crapload of movies already in my queue I need to watch :unsmith:

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Crank 2: High Voltage, bitches. Jason Statham is a comedic genius. I need to watch the first one now.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

poonchasta posted:

Crank 2: High Voltage, bitches. Jason Statham is a comedic genius. I need to watch the first one now.

I just watched this, the best movie. I heard awful reviews of the first but if it is like this I think the reviewers were just above that sort of entertainment. Yes it is stupid and absurd, just go with it and enjoy it.

ArtieTSMITW
Mar 23, 2006

Tommy! How's the peeping?
Tommy. How the peeping...

tommmytommytommytommy
Seasons 1-7 of 24.

If you've never watched 24, do yourself a favor. I missed the 24 train myself, and I've blown through the first three seasons. I feel like I've discovered an untapped oil well of entertainment.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
For me it's been mostly documentaries!

A State of Mind -- Follows two young North Korean gymnasts as they prepare for the mass games
Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State -- Extremely good BBC series about the obvious
Without the King -- About the absolute monarchy in Swaziland

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bogatyr posted:

I just watched this, the best movie. I heard awful reviews of the first but if it is like this I think the reviewers were just above that sort of entertainment. Yes it is stupid and absurd, just go with it and enjoy it.

The first is significantly better than the second.

KCChiefsDude
Jun 18, 2010

What is the most you ever lost on a coin toss?
Event Horizon is on there, I suggest you go and watch it!

Also, Universal Soldier, hackers, more Star Trek movies.

I love netflix!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Season 2 of Upright Citizens Brigade is one of the best shows ever made

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Blue Velvet, Blood Simple, other awesome movies too numerous to count. Definitely going to have to clean some of the crap out of my queue.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
The first two series of Skins are available on Netflix.

Zwabu posted:

Blue Velvet,

Well I know what I'll be doing.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.
Just finished watching Iron Man, and if you were like me and missed it in the theater, go watch it now. It's loving great, one of the best superhero movies ever.

panictheory
Aug 9, 2006

Seconding and thirding that Man on Wire was awesome. I'm not even a huge fan of documentaries, but he is such an awesome story teller.

I watched Finding Bliss the other night. It was entertaining.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

I just found out that seasons 1 & 2 of Pawn Stars was added recently. It's a history channel show about three generations of guys that run a famous pawn shop in Las Vegas. The middle guy is pretty sharp, and a big history buff, and will also bring in experts to talk about items he's not sure about. There are some really interesting items and stories that go with them.

Also, it's paced pretty well, so it's not like watching Antiques Roadshow.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

knows a black guy posted:

Also, it's paced pretty well, so it's not like watching Antiques Roadshow.

There's nothing wrong with the pacing of Antiques Roadshow and it is way better than a bunch of fat cross-generational nerds arguing with each other over why this was bought for whatever price. :colbert:

I like both shows though.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Seven seasons of Intervention. SEVEN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavenger101
Jun 30, 2007

I POURED A CAN OF BEANS ON A DREAMCAST AND CALLED IT POOP AND THEN I CALLED THE SHIT "POOP"!!!!!
Why won't anyone believe me? :smith:
Has MI5 been mentioned yet? That show (aka Spooks) is pretty drat good.

• Locked thread