Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaded_daisy
Apr 28, 2007

We live in Michigan. My son is presently 19. When he was 17, he was arrested for assault and battery. He didn't touch the plantiff- a bunch of kids jumped the plantiff and he named my son as one of the assailants, even though there were several witnesses to the contrary.

It went to court, the plantiff never showed up for the hearing so the case was dismissed. As I recall, we had to go a few times and this was the last hearing before it went to trial. (I'm a bit fuzzy on what happened when.) Anyway, our lawyer said it was finished that day. We've never heard another thing about it since then.

My son had to go get a background check yesterday for a new job, he says the assault shows up as pending and so he didn't get the job. How does he go about getting this removed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaded_daisy
Apr 28, 2007

nm posted:

He got a minute order when his case was dismissed. He needs to show that to them.
The real issue here is that cheap background checks are loving terrible and inaccurate, and they probably won't update this ever.

He had to go to the Sheriff's department to get it, the employer didn't do it. Does this make any difference?

Thanks for your advice though, I'll get my son in touch with an attorney this week.