Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy Thirds
May 14, 2007
So today while picking up my sister from school my father decides to tell me he's being sued by Capital One for debt. Not sure why he hasn't told me this until now, but I know that it isn't that large of a sum. The situation is: my mother is on permanent disability, and my father is on workman's comp after getting injured on the job(it's been about 7 months now he's been on it, the injury was bad). My mother doesn't get paid much from her disability and my father hasn't been paid in 1 and a half months since the insurance company had 'suspicions' he was driving. Their 'suspicions' come from having one of their guys knock on 3 of my neighbors doors and asking if he was driving; 2 of them saying no, 1 of them, an old man who has no idea what the gently caress is going on, saying yes(I'm guessing he only said this because he didn't see my father's car outside since I had been driving it for a month because of my car dying).

What I'm trying to ask is, is there anything we can do about my father not getting paid for that month and a half?

and

Is there any way to get out of this lawsuit cleanly? My father's friend told him "oh, your wife is on disability, they can't make you guys pay it legally" which, while sounds nice, doesn't sound right. But I don't know :(

My bank account has been drained for the past month because I've been supporting them with the essentials on top of my own essentials(I don't make much), and any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: My father has been calling the insurance company for the past week, always leading to voicemails or whatever. Apparently they said they would start paying him again, but he hasn't seen a dime since. I'm also in Illinois if that makes anything different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU