Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I have a bit of a question in regards to wage payment and legal footing.

I work for a local small valet company in Florida, and have been there for about eight months now. For the most part, I'd work at one site, and get paid the next day, in cash, and all was well and good. But recently (2-3 months ago) I was given my own site that I run by myself, and I don't get paid at all by the company. I get to keep whatever tips I earn, but I have no hourly or shift pay. There's actually several sites in the company that are run like this, and sometimes the owner will pay a little if it's slow, but for the most part everyone's on their own. Sometimes the amount earned can be way above the minimum wage, and other times it can be lower.

The other thing I'm concerned about is there's no way to prove that I or anyone worked for the company, or that anyone did or didn't get paid. I signed no contracts, no tax forms, or anything. Just had to send in a copy of my driver's license and SS card, for "insurance purposes" (Which may or may not be real) But at this particular site I've never got a check, never logged hours, or anything really. I do have a bunch of texts sent between me and the owner, telling how much I made and how many cars I parked, but that's it.

So TL;DR, I earn only tips, is this legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU